The Future of our Hydra Meet-Ups

Our biennial Hydra meetups, and the big 2002 Event
lizzytysh

Re: The Future of our Hydra Meet-Ups

Post by lizzytysh »

I wish the rest of my life were so quickly and easily resolved. I felt an "Oh, no!!" with your first post, Jarkko, and then only three posts later came the great news of resolution!!

It hurts to have to miss these meet-ups when I financially have no choice, but I couldn't bear the picture in my mind of their just dissolving! How could I go then!?!

THANK YOU, Caren and Hans, for not even skipping a beat with your heartfelt generousity! Jarkko and Eija make it all seem so seamless and effortless. When you see them at the various gatherings, there's not even a hint of all it took from them to be there, acting calmly, and joyfully enjoying meeting new people and having conversations with those already known. Yet, anyone who's ever been involved at any level of organizing (much less at the top!!) knows... this didn't come easy.

So, from Jarkko's comments, and from my knowing both of you, it seems the best possible two have stepped forward to alleviate all that stressful uncertainty. With Jarkko and Eija as they are, you know you'll have moral support and all the help they can offer.

Thank you, Jarkko and Eija, for every last detail you have put into our lives here on the Forum and out there in our Leonard Cohen world. We couldn't have done it without you is as literal as it can get.

Much love to both sides of the changing of the guard.

Much love and immense respect,
Lizzie
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Now, I can return to looking for photos and footage from this year's Hydra gathering. 8)
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Trying again, but not finding anything. :?
~ Oscar Wilde
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Dear Mr and Mrs Arjatsalo. I have just discovered this thread and read your announcement with delight. You both deserve a sweet rest as Jarkko reached his 80's and Eija closes in on her 40's. I am not being critical of the lovely couple but I am always puzzled by relationships with such an age difference. My previous partners would probably agree but I can't check their opinions as they are quite busy with their school lessons, (Side B, Track 4, Songs of Leonard Cohen).

The Hydra events are in the safe and pleasant Hans of our new team and they will take great Caren of this tradition.

Before I return to obscurity may I belatedly introduce myself. I was named at Birth as "John" and I have shortened that to "solongleonard". I have quietly attended a few Events and I think 2 Hydra meetings as well.

I am critically shy by nature and have never spoken publicly. I suffer from stage fright, and the stage also seems frightened of me. I have for many years, at the specific request of 200 female Cohen fans, practised sexual distancing, (and a gap of 2 metres creates a very hard problem to overcum).

Ladies and Ghent lemen, I am sorry you will miss this year's Event.

Maybe one day there will be a session at an LC Event where I could gather the courage to speak. Let us call it The Open Mike.

It really has been a great privilege for you to read my words.

You are welcome.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Hydra Meetups 2023, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005 & The Event in 2002”