May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

I don't know if it means that there is a justice in this world, paths of G_d are so mysterious. :roll:

Anyway, your comment to CT was of the kind a dog would never have made, 'cause a dog is human's best friend. Thinking about it, maybe Tony's comment was refering to your post to her. Maybe I am not the only one to have thought it was mean. Who knows?
Dem

Post by Dem »

God knows.

And admit it.
My comment had a point and
that's why you were upset. :wink:

Dem
Tony

Post by Tony »

Choco,

I was referring to your comment.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

OK then, Tony, I take note of your request, and maybe next year I'll show up with a complete chart about your brain, life, and experience of it based on this sole post. No problem.

But be patient please, it demands a lot of thinking, and work also.

Dem, you are so sure to have the truth I would feel horrible to introduce a doubt about your all mightyness. Cheers!

Oh... pff. Lets feel horrible a little... who cares. What upseted me is your bad omen. It is free.

While we are at it, moreover it is spreading a disease reliated to false ideas about love : the false thought that a lover is able to read mind. It puts an unfair burden of too high expectations on love relationships.

To be following? I could continue, but not now. Cheers again.
CT

Post by CT »

*eyebrow raised

I have the rather indelicate feeling of having walked into a scene already well underway. As I've never been much good at improv, I'll just back slowly out the door I came in through.

I'm pretty sure there is some kind of balance in the world where we find what we need or what we seek. I'm quite delighted that I seem to be seeking such a healthy relationship as I have now, and I certainly wish a similar fate for all my friends and acquaintances.

Now, if you'll forgive me, I have a back alley to fade into. ;)

-----

Edited to add: Tchocolatl, you have an absolutely beautiful webpage.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Which webpage? My experimental ones? Oh anyway. Thank you.
And Thank you again.
Me too I wish you Love, and to all! :D
tvrec

Post by tvrec »

I just picked up a copy of the book today at the Bay St. Indigo, and the impression that the staff has, unfortunately, is that the event is really about Anjani, not Leonard. The clerk said Leonard is lending his name and presence and may do a short interview (but the last part has not been confirmed). They will be blocking off Bay st. outside of the store with a stage set up, cops walking the line, the whole nine.
tvrec

Post by tvrec »

This is from the McLelland and Stewart events pages, and it suggests that Cohen will actually be reading and signing. I just pulled this up today, so who knows...

http://www.mcclelland.com/authors/tours.html

May 13, 2006
Toronto: Heather Reisman invites you to their Indigo flagship store on May 13 for a special event to celebrate Leonard Cohen, an extraordinary man whose music and writing have touched the heart and soul of so many. Free Event., Indigo Manulife, 55 Bloor St, 2:00 PM - Reading & Signing
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

. . . unfortunately, is that the event is really about Anjani, not Leonard.
If so, it's wonderful to see Leonard lending her such full support... yet, how can anyone say it's more about Anjani than him when he wrote most of the songs... all of the songs... most of each song... [multiple choice there ~ his presence is strong in the album, regardless].

~ Lizzy
Anne

Ad from Indigo in the Globe

Post by Anne »

I was just reading the Globe and Mail and found this ad from Indigo.

This doesn't seem to be on their website yet.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

It is. At least since May 4.

A Tribute to Leonard Cohen
Indigo Bay & Bloor, Toronto
Saturday, May 13th at 4:00 pm

Heather Reisman invites you to our Indigo flagship store. On May 13, we will have the privilege of hosting Leonard Cohen for a special event to celebrate this extraordinary man whose music and writing have touched the heart and soul of so many. This special tribute will feature peformances of Leonard Cohen's songs, a preview performance by Anjani, and an appearance by Leonard Cohen.

For complete event information, please check back periodically.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/arti ... ts_main/RS

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home
Tim

Post by Tim »

The news about Ron Sexsmith and the 'Ladies wasn't on the website on the 4th, or indeed the 7th (yesterday when I type this). It is there now, though.

Ron Sexsmith! and the Barenaked Ladies! I wish I could be there, but I'm busy that day in a cookery class. Oh, and I'm the other side of the Atlantic. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing those guys again, and singing Cohen too.

Tim
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

What is this about "passing on the torch?"
Spare me, please.
There is hardly a comparison here between the relative talents of writer and singer - surely not?
And is the man dead or in imminent danger of same?
Come on.....this is really absurd, sorry, but it is nonsense. Actually, no not sorry, it just is arrant nosense!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c7951.html

Leonard Cohen and Anjani at Indigo Manulife Saturday May 13, 2006, 3:45 p.m.

TORONTO, May 8 /CNW/ - Don't miss this special event celebrating literary and music legend Leonard Cohen. This special outdoor concert event will celebrate the music and writing of Canada's favourite poet, with live performances by Anjani, the Barenaked Ladies and Ron Sexsmith.

Cohen will be presenting his first book of poetry in over a decade, Book
of Longing, as well as a new CD by his partner Anjani Thomas, Blue Alert,
co-written and produced by Mr. Cohen.

<<
WHO: Leonard Cohen, Anjani Thomas, Barenaked Ladies, Ron Sexsmith

WHEN: Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:45 p.m.

WHERE: Indigo Manulife Outdoor Patio
Bay Street Entrance
If raining: Indoor, 1st floor of Indigo Manulife store

WHY: Special outdoor tribute concert for Leonard Cohen
>>
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Is anyone else going to this event? I'm driving from Boston to Indianapolis this weekend, and figure I can make a little detour :).

Return to “News”