Bird On A Wire in Hull with Tony Palmer introduction

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jim devlin

Bird On A Wire in Hull with Tony Palmer introduction

Post by jim devlin »

This coming Saturday, May 13, Tony Palmer will be in Hull to introduce his film 'Bird On A Wire'. It's part of Hull City Of Culture's Doc ' n Roll Film Festival. The screening - 8.30pm - is at Kardomah 94, Alfred Gelder Street. Tickets are £7. I have mine ...
John Etherington

Re: Bird On A Wire in Hull with Tony Palmer introduction

Post by John Etherington »

It's coming though a Hull in the air... :D
jim devlin

Post by jim devlin »

Arrived at the venue just after 7.30, time enough for a glass of beer. The Kardomah is a small intimate place, with a bar and cafe/restaurant. Doors into the seated bit opened at 8. Maybe enough room for about 94 people. The PA playing Leonard''s The Future, Closing Time, I'm Your Man, Dance me to the of Love, Hallelujah, FWTM till just gone 8.30 when Tony Palmer was introduced to us. He took to the front and regaled us for the next 20 minutes or so with his memories of how he'd met Leonard and his manager Marty Machat back in October 1971 to discuss a "project" ... etc ... etc ... He had a lovely friendly manner and his humour was plenty evident. But plenty of serious detail too. I learnt a lot. And then the film. Big screen. Excellent sound. It played till 10.40; afterwards Tony was there to meet n greet and sign copies of the newly-released 2 x DVD set - the bonus disc with footage of Leonard's home movies. The whole evening in one word: unforgettable.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

jim devlin wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 1:45 pm Arrived at the venue just after 7.30 . . .
lucky you - sounds like a great way to spend an evening. thanks, jim, for sharing the experience :-)

Return to “News”