Leonard Has Passed Away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Lungtas

Re: Leonard Has Passed Away

Post by Lungtas »

May his memory be a blessing .
Juno

Post by Juno »

We have been blessed to have had the gift of his music. He has brought so much to our lives. Bereft. He was blessed with a golden voice and the soul of a poet.

Leonard
The Master wields the poet’s sword:
A mellifluous voice
Massaging the soul,
Probing the intellect,
Soothing the heart
With wry wit and barb
Linking us as one in
The Unified Heart
Dem

Post by Dem »

I had the chance once to ask Leonard what his stance towards death was
and he answered that it was "the preliminaries" he was worried about.

It seems from his sudden departure that the Universe
was kind to him with "the preliminaries".
It is a comforting thought.

Real Poets never die.

Thanks for the Song Mr.Cohen
and for all the people you made me meet.

Demetris
Last edited by Dem on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athens 2008, Prague 2009, Paris 2012
rogedjohn

Post by rogedjohn »

I am so sad and feel such loss that the world has lost such a musical giant. Leonard Cohen was a stellar performer and the world will miss his genius greatly and forever. Goodbye Leonard, and Rest In Peace!
farigola32

Post by farigola32 »

Goodbye Leonard -you were my music in late childhood, teens, young/middle age adult and now in older adulhood. You have always been my music companion.I will miss you but your music will live on for ever. A true great - gone but never to be forgotten.
Charco

Post by Charco »

It was with great sadness to receive a call from my son in Canada to tell me that Leonard has passed on . Leonard has been a constant in my life since 1967 . My meeting and chat with him in June 2008 as he walked alone in Dublin is a poignant but cherished memory for me now . My condolences to the Cohen family and can I add what a legacy Adam has left in helping his father release the masterpiece that is You Want it Darker
I will "light a thin green candle "today in your memory today Leonard - May you rest in the peace you deserve

Charco
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

“Hineni Hineni, I'm ready, my Lord”

Yes “Hineni, Hineni”. I knew this sad news could get to me; But I'm not sure that “I’m ready” to receive it.

"Traveling Light" (llum viatgera o viatjo lleuger) I could not find better words to translate it into Catalan (oi Bea?). Anyway, I feel that this light is still traveling with me, as for so many many years. His Work continues and will continue into me.
toni
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

You were there for me as for thousands through the darkness of life and down an infested flood. You gave us so many wonderful songs, so much moving poetry, and such hilarious and beautiful novels. My life has been infinitely enriched by your work, and because of it I've met the finest of my dear friends - comming from all over the world - and over the years we laughed and cried and cried and laughed about i all again. Now you are unified with G_D, and we will go to your song for comfort, encouragement and joy, for the rest of the time we are blessed. Thank you Mr. Leonard Norman Elieser Cohen
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
vlad

Post by vlad »

If all this makes sense, which it doesn't seem to, he went speechless at a time when his words might have brought some light, if there's any.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

So sad after reading of his passing. Frankly I feel a bit shell shocked. He has been and also will be an important part of my life, his passing will not change that.

Thank you so very much for all the poetry, songs and joy you brought to us, it will live on forever.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
nenad

Post by nenad »

In the darkness of a seedy cinema theatre, somewhere in Yugoslavia, in the mid-70s. McCabe and Mrs. Miller. Rain and mud, desolation and loneliness. Then comes that voice. You will always be lonely, but don't be sad, "don't turn on the light, you can read their address by the moon".

Thank you angel for being the light
Nenad
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Leonard thanked us for keeping his songs alive. They will live forever.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Thank you for the words and music. May you rest in peace, dearest Leonard.
not_forgetting

Post by not_forgetting »

On this sad event, I wrote a little piece about my interaction with Leonard. While it was at a distance, it still touched my heart and soul. You can find it here on my site if you'd like to read it: http://www.davidsloma.com/leonard-cohen ... c-address/

May we all enjoy the great art he left behind forever more, and not despair too much, as we know he was a believer in spirituality and is likely smiling down on us all now.
Stuart84

Post by Stuart84 »

The world has become a little colder again.

Thank you Mr. Cohen for your wisdom and your breathtaking songs. I've been listening to you every day for the last 20 years and will do so for as long as possible.

Return to “News”