LC FILES 20 YEARS: Logo Design Competition & great prizes

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
ania

Re: LC FILES 20 YEARS: Logo Design Competition & great prizes

Post by ania »

lizzytysh wrote:Mine, neither, ania!!! I just do my best to get through the harrowing waiting times!
(I'm counting over here, too... it will come in the middle of the night for me, though :( !!!!)
Hoping FOR and WITH you!!! You've always done so WELL in the past with your logos!!!

~ Lizzie xxx
thank you xx
i just saw im in the top 3 :) how wonderful
"It's strange. You never start out life with the intention of
becoming a bankrupt or an alcoholic or a cheat and a thief.
Or a liar." -- Raymond Carver
ania

Post by ania »

Geoffrey wrote:
ania wrote:patience has NEVER been one of my virtues... counting down the hours :) xx
good luck, ania, sincerely hope you win!! :-)
thank you :) xx
sdahi

Post by sdahi »

Ania's design is the best in my book but the other two designs in top 3 are quite good too.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

What wonderful designs!

Congratulations to the winners and everyone who took part. :D
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

sdahi wrote:Ania's design is the best in my book but the other two designs in top 3 are quite good too.
and the two in the 'runners up' category. if they are less than 'quite good' what are they then?
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote:...and the two in the 'runners up' category. if they are less than 'quite good' what are they then?
Dear Geoffrey,

I know that you may be feeling somewhat slighted by the fact that your particularly exceptional logo did not even make it onto the podium (that's a sport reference: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers are often put up on a pedestal and get medals, whereas all the rest are ignored and forgotten). However, I am reminded of Leonard Cohen's remarks at the time of his refusing to accept the Governor General's Award in 1969: he rather defiantly stated, "There is nobody in Canada who can judge my work!" ;-)

Best regards!
Lisa
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:I am reminded of Leonard Cohen's remarks at the time of his refusing to accept the Governor General's Award in 1969: he rather defiantly stated, "There is nobody in Canada who can judge my work!" ;-)
he has my empathy. i am not suggesting my picture should have won; god forbid! - but recognition of quality is always dependent upon a jury's evaluation competence. for example, in certain circumstances it would not be impossible for da vinci's 'mona lisa' to come last in a competition of efforts by village simpletons. in any case, a judge should above all be decisive, and certainly avoid giving the top positions to several entries. it creates confusion and injustice, because the winners have then to be listed in alphabetical order, and the alphabetically disadvantaged are positioned last - resulting in unnecessary humiliation. therefore, the fairest (and only) option now available would be for this competition to be declared null and void, and a new one be arranged.
phillip

Post by phillip »

i love it awesome
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

phillip wrote:i love it awesome
my competition entry? the nature of my message? a somewhat parsimonious statement from your hand, phillip, if i may be so bold. what is awesome? what do you love? can you elucidate, please?
phillip

Post by phillip »

I was just being polite!
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

phillip wrote:I was just being polite!
that is nice, phillip - an art i have yet to master ;-)
phillip

Post by phillip »

congratulations to the winners :)
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Geoffrey - are you aiming to improve your 'art of politeness' abilities or will you continue just to focus on your existing strengths - of which i admit there are many, including the art of , at least occasionally, being tactically impolite in order to enliven things.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

cohenadmirer wrote:Geoffrey - are you aiming to improve your 'art of politeness' abilities or will you continue just to focus on your existing strengths - of which i admit there are many, including the art of, at least occasionally, being tactically impolite in order to enliven things.
well, unlike many people here, i can't pretend to be perfect, dave. we all have sides to our personalities that are less than polite, and perhaps i am not as clever as some of you at hiding mine. how clean and inviting the front of the restaurant, but walk around the back and you see peeling paint, fat-clogged drains, overflowing rubbish-bins and rat-traps. there are parts of leonard's literary works that cannot be reprinted here, parts of the bible that cannot be quoted in church - because people prefer politeness.
ania

Post by ania »

sdahi wrote:Ania's design is the best in my book but the other two designs in top 3 are quite good too.
thank you :) x

Return to “News”