LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Jonnie Falafel

Re: LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I am always looking for an excuse to visit Lucca, such a gorgeous romantic city. Leonard and lucca is the perfect combination for me. Looking forward to hearing the newer material too. Not too long to wait now.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Jonnie F,

Being from the region, maybe you know the answer to this: In anticipation of this year's concert at Piazza Napoleone, I was viewing comments about Leonard's 2008 concert there, and it appears there was total disorganization when the doors opened, causing disruption of the beginning of the show. I saw similar comments elsewhere concerning a Mark Knopfler concert at that venue in 2006. Do you know if the Lucca Summer Festival organizers have learned how to run things more smoothly since?

Looking forward to seeing experiencing Lucca and Leonard.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I suspect it will be the usual Italian scrum like last time. In Florence in 2010 both the ticket collection (they said they would only be avaialble 1 hours before the commencement!)and seating were chaotic with a good proportion of the crowd entering the piazza after the concert had started. I honestly would be shocked if they'd got their acts together. My advice would be that if you are collecting your tickets try much earlier than the time stated for collection. Try and get to your position well before the start time. Generally speaking those charged with stewarding aren't well briefed or co-ordinated and a bit of chaos ensues. Italians just seem to accept this but it drives me nuts.
its4inthemorning

Thanks for the advice; fortunately we have our tickets in hand, so won't have to deal with that line. Hope you can attend, and that there will be meet-ups before/after concert.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I'll see you there! Where are the pre concert meet ups?
confetti

Post by confetti »

I have been to 2 concerts in Lucca 2009 and 2010 and they were brilliantly organised, in fact the organisation was one of the things I loved most about it, so unlike here. :D There is a bit of a run at the start to get in but that's all part of the fun, i can't wait until this year, I think Leonard in Lucca will be wonderful and magical. It is my favourite place for a concert.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
MarthaG

Post by MarthaG »

Hey there,
how can One Join a concert Meet-up? Does One have to subscribe somewhere? It would be interesting to meet some of you....
its4inthemorning

Martha,

As the concert draws nearer, someone from, or familiar with, Lucca should hopefully start a new thread regarding meetups. Hope to meet you in Lucca, I anticipate a very memorable concert at a breathtaking old-world venue. We are now counting the days.

4inthemorning
gallina

Post by gallina »

Hi everybody, mee too would like to join to some nice meetup before-after the concert. I'll arrive the day before, so we can meet 8th night as well. Waiting for some local friend, DAI RAGAZZI, ORGANIZZIAMOCI!!! :D
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
andrea

Post by andrea »

Dear cohenites going to Lucca,

I am glad to be able to give you this information,

at the library
LIBRERIA LUCCALIBRI
C. GARIBALDI 54 - LUCCA

there will be a presentation of the new edition Vita di Leonard Cohen by Sylvie Simmons translated in italian.

I received this information from the translator and editor of the new book (Yuri ) - see also his new website http://www.leonardcohen.it (Jarkko already has informed about this book these days) :D

La libreria Luccalibri presenterà la nuova edizione italiana della biografia I’m Your Man – Vita di Leonard Cohen di Sylvie Simmons. L’appuntamento per tutti è alle 17 di martedì 9 luglio, per uno spettacolino che durerà due ore circa, con reading dalle opere di Cohen, ascolto dei suoi grandi successi e lettura e discussione di I’m Your Man.

in english:
The Luccalibri library presents the new Italian edition of the biography I'm Your Man - Vita di Leonard Cohen by Sylvie Simmons. The appointment is for all on Tuesday, July 9th at 17h , the presentation will last about two hours, with readings from the works of Cohen, listening to his greatest hits and reading and discussion of I'm Your Man

So if you plan meet-ups consider this interesting event, just before the concert :-)

Have fun and a good time in Lucca
ciao
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
confetti

Post by confetti »

I am going to be in Lucca from the 5th would love to meet some people as well. :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
brunatag

Post by brunatag »

Quante probabilitá di avere una sua firma sul libro?

No chance to have the book signed by HIM?
andrea

Post by andrea »

The book probably can signed by the translator of the book , but not by HIM .
The chances I would say are "impossibile".
sorry :oops:
Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
bogra

Post by bogra »

Hi Andrea!
How kind of you to post the info about the book presentation. We think it is a good suggestion for a kind of meet-up. We will go to the library and hopefully meet many more cohenites there!
We arrive in Lucca on the 7th in the afternoon and stay in the hotel Universo, next to the venue. And as Lucca is not a big city we assume we will see and meet cohenites and join them for drinks and/or dinner :-)
Love to you and Marco, we will miss you in Lucca :-(
Aad & Gery
2008: Amsterdam / 2009: Antwerp / 2010: Strasbourg - Las Vegas / 2012: Gent - Amsterdam - Dublin - Verona - Lisbon / 2013: Brussels - Lucca - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Perth - Melbourne
MarthaG

Post by MarthaG »

Maybe there will be a meetup in any Case- we will stay in the hotel Universo, too :D

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”