ROME (July 7) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
jarkko
Site Admin

ROME (July 7) NOW ON SALE

Post by jarkko »

A new concert has been confirmed:

ROME, Il Centrale Live 2013 Foro Italico Roma, July 7

Our presale has closed, and the tickets are on general sale at http://www.ticketone.it/leonard-cohen-b ... uid=461050[

Tickets 50-130 eur + fees.

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
oblivion

Re: PRESALE TO ROME (July 7) on Jan 7

Post by oblivion »

I´ve never been to rome, i was waiting for a good opportunity :D
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
Caren

Post by Caren »

This will be Hans' birthday. What a great present. This venue looks quite small and rather intimate for Leonard's standard. Very nice!!!

Thanks Jarkko!

See you there Oblivion :)
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

One of my favourite cities! This is going to be so hard to resist. But it's mr somewhat_nifty's birthday that day - does he want to go to Rome I wonder...?
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis »

That's perfect!!! it's going to be an amazing week :)
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

From the Italian promoter:

Please be informed that the venue in Rome for Leonard Cohen is not the Auditorium Cavea.
Leonard Cohen will be performing at Il Centrale Live 2013 Foro Italico Roma

I'm going to change the info in the first message now and replace the photo with two nice pictures sent by the promoter.
I have also deleted half a dozen messages about the Auditorium Cavea that was first announced by AEG.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
maroo

Post by maroo »

Hi Friends,
it seems that the concert will in the "Centrale Live Foro Italiaco" and not in the Auditorium Cavea.
hope this can help.

Regards
Piero

Sorry, I wrote this message before the correction from the Admin!! anyway, I can tell you that I've been in the "foro italico" few years ago, and is not a bad place for concerts!!!! Enjoy it!!!
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
gallina

Post by gallina »

Caren wrote:This will be Hans' birthday. What a great present. This venue looks quite small and rather intimate for Leonard's standard. Very nice!!!

Thanks Jarkko!

Dear Caren & Hans and Ute, even the venue is bigger now, we'll have a great time in Rome..with some birthday cake?? :) See you in July!!!
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I would appreciate some practical advice if there is anyone out there who knows Rome well. It's a long time since I last visited the city and, in all honesty, I can't remember too much about it beyond visiting the obvious sites.

I was all for making the trip when it appeared that the concert would be held at a smaller venue closer to the city centre but, now the venue has changed to Il Foro Italico, I am not so sure as I will be travelling on my own and I don't want to be stuck trying to get back in the early hours from a venue that is a long way from the city centre.

- Is the Foro Italico easily reached by public transport?

- If so, will public transport still be running in the early hours? I am assuming from past experience that the concert could start late e.g. 9.30 pm and might finish as late at 1 - 1.30 am.

- Which area of the city do you suggest I look at for accommodation? I am thinking I want somewhere which is a good base for sightseeing but also on a transport route for getting back from the concert.

All advice gratefully received, and please feel free to contact me privately by e-mail or PM if you would prefer not to post your thoughts on a public forum.

Thank you!

Wendy
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

gallina wrote:
Caren wrote:This will be Hans' birthday. What a great present. This venue looks quite small and rather intimate for Leonard's standard. Very nice!!!

Thanks Jarkko!

Dear Caren & Hans and Ute, even the venue is bigger now, we'll have a great time in Rome..with some birthday cake?? :) See you in July!!!
Dear Szilvia, I'm sure we'll have a really great time in Rome, one of my favorite cities! Birthday cake?..I'll do my best... :D Looking forward to seeing you there!!!
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
maroo

Post by maroo »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I would appreciate some practical advice if there is anyone out there who knows Rome well. It's a long time since I last visited the city and, in all honesty, I can't remember too much about it beyond visiting the obvious sites.

I was all for making the trip when it appeared that the concert would be held at a smaller venue closer to the city centre but, now the venue has changed to Il Foro Italico, I am not so sure as I will be travelling on my own and I don't want to be stuck trying to get back in the early hours from a venue that is a long way from the city centre.

- Is the Foro Italico easily reached by public transport?

- If so, will public transport still be running in the early hours? I am assuming from past experience that the concert could start late e.g. 9.30 pm and might finish as late at 1 - 1.30 am.

- Which area of the city do you suggest I look at for accommodation? I am thinking I want somewhere which is a good base for sightseeing but also on a transport route for getting back from the concert.

All advice gratefully received, and please feel free to contact me privately by e-mail or PM if you would prefer not to post your thoughts on a public forum.

Thank you!

Wendy
Hi Wendy,
I lived in Rome for 10 years, and I'll try to give you a general idea of what I will do if I was you.
The Foro Italico is not really far from "piazza del popolo" that is in the city center ( http://goo.gl/maps/91uUX ), so If I was you, I was going to have an hotel near "piazza del popolo" and I was going to you only my feet, do NOT count to the roman Public transport!!!!!!
Hope this can help, if you have other questions, please post here or send me a MP, I'll be happy to help you!!!!

Cheers

Piero
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thank you Piero for the suggestion and walking route. Alas, I think a 3.1 km walk after the concert may be too much for me so I will have to have a serious think before Monday whether I can do this concert.

Wendy
maroo

Post by maroo »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Thank you Piero for the suggestion and walking route. Alas, I think a 3.1 km walk after the concert may be too much for me so I will have to have a serious think before Monday whether I can do this concert.

Wendy
Hi Wendy,
an other option could be stay in an hotel in "zona Flamina" that is near the Venue of the concert, from there there is a tram that works good to bring you in the city center if you would like to visit Rome during the day.
The zone is more or less this ( http://goo.gl/maps/nszUc).
If you need other information, or if I can help anyone else with some Rome information, just ask!!!
Unfortunately I will not be there, I live in Dublin, and next year I don't have any day off left!!!!
Hope this helps.

regards
Piero
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I got the presale info - we open on Monday Jan 7 at 10 am CET!
harald

Post by harald »

jarkko wrote:I got the presale info - we open on Monday Jan 7 at 10 am CET!
THANK YOU, Jarkko!
(like always)
and ALL THE BEST FOR 2013 FOR EIJA AND YOU AND YOUR BELOVED ONES!

do you already know: will the presale be by ticketone.it again?

Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”