LONDON (June 21, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
John Etherington

Re: CONCERT IN LONDON (June 21, 2013) ON SALE

Post by John Etherington »

They're sitting on 90 per cent of them, and offloading the crap seats first. Don't waste your time and energy thinking about it. They'll turn up sooner or later.
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

I was offered tickets via Eventim at 0902 this morning ... but only in the top tier! Who are they kidding? So I switched to Ticketmaster, and all they would offer were tickets in the lower tier but right at the back.

However, Ticketmaster do have special categories for customers using American Express. I thought that card was defunct years ago (I tore mine up when they dared to start charging an annual fee) but I guess they are trying to attract customers back by offering good seats at concerts. That would explain the total absence of anything worth buying two minutes after sales open for ordinary fans.

Does anybody with an American Express card fancy pretending to make a purchase to test my hypothesis and report back here?

Well, I suppose the behaviour of these plonkers has now become so predictable year after year that we can all save ourselves some time and effort by cutting-and-pasting here all the complaints we posted last year, and the year before that, and the year...
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
John Etherington

Ticketmaster
don't ever **** with me
or come up to me
and punch my gut
on behalf of my theories
I am armed and mad

Meanwhile, Paris in early summer sounds nice (don't say I didn't warn ya!).
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

John Etherington wrote:They're sitting on 90 per cent of them, and offloading the crap seats first. Don't waste your time and energy thinking about it. They'll turn up sooner or later.
Yeah, I was thinking along these lines myself.

Pretty annoying really, turns it into a complete lottery, and really not helpful when you don't have time to be checking ticket sites often.
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

hydriot wrote:I was offered tickets via Eventim at 0902 this morning ... but only in the top tier! Who are they kidding? So I switched to Ticketmaster, and all they would offer were tickets in the lower tier but right at the back.

However, Ticketmaster do have special categories for customers using American Express. I thought that card was defunct years ago (I tore mine up when they dared to start charging an annual fee) but I guess they are trying to attract customers back by offering good seats at concerts. That would explain the total absence of anything worth buying two minutes after sales open for ordinary fans.

Does anybody with an American Express card fancy pretending to make a purchase to test my hypothesis and report back here?

Well, I suppose the behaviour of these plonkers has now become so predictable year after year that we can all save ourselves some time and effort by cutting-and-pasting here all the complaints we posted last year, and the year before that, and the year...
I tried a mock buy with the AmEx preferred seating option at 09h05 and no floor tickets with that either.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

danslenoir wrote:
John Etherington wrote:They're sitting on 90 per cent of them, and offloading the crap seats first. Don't waste your time and energy thinking about it. They'll turn up sooner or later.
Yeah, I was thinking along these lines myself.

Pretty annoying really, turns it into a complete lottery, and really not helpful when you don't have time to be checking ticket sites often.
Hopefully in these financially tight times the attempt to sell seats for extortionate prices will largely fail and good seats will be released at normal prices.
At least ' normal 'prices (when available ) for good seats in the uk are reasonable compared , eg , to north america!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Carol58

Post by Carol58 »

A very few seats on ticketmaster in the lower blocks and on the floor at the back, mainly 1's and 3's, I just did a dummy run on a couple and got them but none were better than what I had already got, block 112 row N :)
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Ticket master have an select your own seat seating plan.
From this you can see...

Block A1 runs from seats 1 -14
Block A2 runs from seats 15-40
Block A3 runs from seats 41-54

So alot of the presale seats are close to the centre of the stage!

11am still 10 seats in block B1 for american express card holders
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
John Etherington

"A lot of presale seats are close to the centre of the stage", eh? Which seat numbers, who has them?
dogzero

Re: PRESALE NOW TO LONDON (June 21, 2013)

Post by dogzero »

John Etherington wrote:dogzero - I would say that 101 are the best, unless you're way back in that section. Since the floor is on the flat, block B is quite a way back in my opinion, unless you're right at the front of it. Which row you're in would be important, here. I don't have any experience of selling tickets via the internet, so others will have to advise you.
Thanks for that. I think Block 101 is going to be the better of the tickets we have (even though it is quite far back in Row Q - 44-45) as opposed to Block B1 (Row Q 11-12).

AJ.
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

This photo from the previous tour may be of some use - but I think the stage is in a slightly different position this time.
If you move your cursor over the photo some of the blocks and rows are labelled by who ever took the photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorsetbays/2680029459/
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis »

So the floor blocks are indeed smaller than Wembley's. This mean that A1-A3 are a bit larger than the most central block in the previous concert
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
John Etherington

I see that few people have posted in this thread today. Presumably most people didn't get what they wanted or bought into the bullshit and made comprises? I'd be interested to know if anyone managed to get something they really wanted. Did anyone else, like me, just think "forget it!"? I'm rapidly getting tired of the whole farcical situation with agencies, and will probably only bother to go if something really good drops in my lap. I'm certainly not putting my money in Ticketmaster's pockets for six months, while they sit on the best seats. Hopefully, there will be a good presale for at least one accessible U.K. venue. I always liked the idea of seeing Leonard in Paris in spring or summer, but if it's an open air sports stadium, count me out! Amazing how things have changed since the onset of the internet. In 1993, when the tickets went on sale for the second " Future" concert at the Albert Hall (when people still went to venues to make their purchases), I was the only person on the entire planet who bothered to suss what was happening, and turn up at opening time to buy tickets!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

I tried for a fair while, got timed out twice quite quickly, at one stage I got in for tickets in A2 just to see them disappear, we have written off the O2 now as a bad idea, preferring Paris anyway now that there is to be a concert there. Fingers crossed that this "seller" for the pre-sale will be OK and they have enough tickets off GDP to allow anyone trying on Monday to get good tickets .

I also went down to buy tickets at some stage for the The Future gig at the RAH in 1993 but on most occasions for buying tickets I would get on the phone direct to the box office but in the end, my Son went with Vicomtesse (and he has been a "fan" ever since) but blowed if either of us can remember it was the first or second, we do know the TV cameras were there, or rather Vicomtesse says they were there.

Anyway, I digress, Bercy is an OK place, large and similar to Wembley inside, some nice café's outside if you get there early and June will (or ought to be) a lovely time to be in Paris.
Last edited by Vicomte on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

John Etherington wrote:I see that few people have posted in this thread today. Presumably most people didn't get what they wanted or bought into the bullshit and made comprises? I'd be interested to know if anyone managed to get something they really wanted. Did anyone else, like me, just think "forget it!"? I'm rapidly getting tired of the whole farcical situation with agencies, and will probably only bother to go if something really good drops in my lap. I'm certainly not putting my money in Ticketmaster's pockets for six months, while they sit on the best seats. Hopefully, there will be a good presale for at least one accessible U.K. venue. I always liked the idea of seeing Leonard in Paris in spring or summer, but if it's an open air sports stadium, count me out! Amazing how things have changed since the onset of the internet. In 1993, when the tickets went on sale for the second " Future" concert at the Albert Hall (when people still went to venues to make their purchases), I was the only person on the entire planet who bothered to suss what was happening, and turn up at opening time to buy tickets!
We got what I think are reasonable tickets in the presale just after it opened. Block A1 but near the centre aisle. Obviously would have prefered the centre block. It is a lottery and I rejected quite a few before these became available. A seating plan with seat numbers is essential. From the recent tours the presales do invariably have better seats available that direct from the agencies. So again I thank AEG and Jarrko for that. Ticketmaster et al "best available" when the sale opens are not good seats (in my experience).

Agencies are not new. For the I'm your Man tour in 88 the best available from the Albert Hall (on the phone) was the balcony. For the other concert I went to an agency (Stargreen I think) and got front seats for an extra charge of 3 quid (from memory) on a ticket price of 12.50! In those days real touts operated outside but none of them had good seats to swop for the balcony ones .

J
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”