Meet up New York December 18th

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Andrea14
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby Andrea14 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 am

You would think I would know that...being a native NYorker...duh!!! Thanks. I am almost playing with the idea of getting a ticket for the Brooklyn venue...anyone going to that one???
yes yes yes! My first and only one this tour but the big final night :) So weirdly it seems to me there's just been ONE other meetup responder thus far and another who wants to find a way to go to that concert but time will tell- it seems so odd but maybe it'll be a last minute thing- I'm staying at the Barclay Marriott for 2 nights-visiting Ny. It'd be great to meet you if you decide to do Barclay. The holidays this year are so pale in anticipation for me this year- it's all Leonard excitement- What can be better than THE last night of 6 month around the world tour ! Peace, Andrea(14)
holydove
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby holydove » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 pm

About the Dec. 18 meetup: it's a little complicated but I think we can work it out.

I called Cafe31 to be make the reservation for 5:30 pm, & was told that all 10 people have to be there in order for anyone to be seated; that worried me a bit, because I don't want people to have to be standing around waiting for everyone, in case a couple of people are a little late; so I called Tir Na Nog, & was told essentially the same thing, but the person I spoke with was a little more open - he said that in order to be seated, 7 or 8 people would have to be there by 5:30, & all 10 people present by 5:45. So if it's okay for everyone, I thought it might be safer to plan to meet at Tir Na Nog (just know that there is alot of Irish influence in the dinner menu). BTW, I found out that both places actually have a full bar (so Christelle: I know you are fine with wine, but this way everyone will have even more choices :D ).

So now the plan is:

Tir Na Nog at 5:30 pm
5 Plenn Plaza (8th Ave. at 33rd St.)
(right across the street from MSG)
212-630-0249 (in case you need to call the restaurant)



Let me know if this works for everyone. Looking forward to seeing you all there in just 11 days!
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 pm

holydove wrote:About the Dec. 18 meetup: it's a little complicated but I think we can work it out.

I called Cafe31 to be make the reservation for 5:30 pm, & was told that all 10 people have to be there in order for anyone to be seated; that worried me a bit, because I don't want people to have to be standing around waiting for everyone, in case a couple of people are a little late; so I called Tir Na Nog, & was told essentially the same thing, but the person I spoke with was a little more open - he said that in order to be seated, 7 or 8 people would have to be there by 5:30, & all 10 people present by 5:45. So if it's okay for everyone, I thought it might be safer to plan to meet at Tir Na Nog (just know that there is alot of Irish influence in the dinner menu). BTW, I found out that both places actually have a full bar (so Christelle: I know you are fine with wine, but this way everyone will have even more choices :D ).

So now the plan is:

Tir Na Nog at 5:30 pm
5 Plenn Plaza (8th Ave. at 33rd St.)
(right across the street from MSG)
212-630-0249 (in case you need to call the restaurant)



Let me know if this works for everyone. Looking forward to seeing you all there in just 11 days!

:lol: I think I am bringin 3 more people with me...BANGERS AND MASH...BANGERS AND MASH. YIPPIE.
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 pm

sbrownblei wrote:
holydove wrote:About the Dec. 18 meetup: it's a little complicated but I think we can work it out.

I called Cafe31 to be make the reservation for 5:30 pm, & was told that all 10 people have to be there in order for anyone to be seated; that worried me a bit, because I don't want people to have to be standing around waiting for everyone, in case a couple of people are a little late; so I called Tir Na Nog, & was told essentially the same thing, but the person I spoke with was a little more open - he said that in order to be seated, 7 or 8 people would have to be there by 5:30, & all 10 people present by 5:45. So if it's okay for everyone, I thought it might be safer to plan to meet at Tir Na Nog (just know that there is alot of Irish influence in the dinner menu). BTW, I found out that both places actually have a full bar (so Christelle: I know you are fine with wine, but this way everyone will have even more choices :D ).

So now the plan is:

Tir Na Nog at 5:30 pm
5 Plenn Plaza (8th Ave. at 33rd St.)
(right across the street from MSG)
212-630-0249 (in case you need to call the restaurant)



Let me know if this works for everyone. Looking forward to seeing you all there in just 11 days!

:lol: I think I am bringin 3 more people with me...BANGERS AND MASH...BANGERS AND MASH. YIPPIE.
I couldn't find a menu??? How much in advance do I have to add the others I may bring??? :?: Hoping to get rid of 2 more tickets.
Sheila
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
holydove
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby holydove » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Sheila, if you are bringing more people, please tell me as soon as possible; the man I spoke with at the restaurant said they usually don't take reservations for more than 6 people, but he decided to accommodate us & make the reservation for 10. Apparently, the restaurants have very strict policies in this part of NYC (I never knew that)!! So I would have to call to add more people, & I guess the worst that could happen is that we would have to reserve more than one table, to add additional people.

The Tir Na Nog home website doesn't show a menu, but I found a menu at this link:

www.menupages.com/tir-na-nog/menu
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 pm

holydove wrote:Sheila, if you are bringing more people, please tell me as soon as possible; the man I spoke with at the restaurant said they usually don't take reservations for more than 6 people, but he decided to accommodate us & make the reservation for 10. Apparently, the restaurants have very strict policies in this part of NYC (I never knew that)!! So I would have to call to add more people, & I guess the worst that could happen is that we would have to reserve more than one table, to add additional people.

The Tir Na Nog home website doesn't show a menu, but I found a menu at this link:

http://www.menupages.com/tir-na-nog/menu
:( :shock: Add 3 more...the worst that could happen is they don't come...
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Is anybody else staying in Mid Town on the 18th :?:
Sheila
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
holydove
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby holydove » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Okay, I called the restaurant again & they agreed to give us 2 tables, with 6 people at one, & 7 people at the other table (the additional 3 people brings the total to 13).

Sheila: Please confirm, as soon as possible, if the other 3 people are actually coming, because if not, I will have to call them & change the numbers again (& hope they don't send someone to assassinate me. . .)

The person I spoke with emphatically reminded me that 7 or 8 have to be there by 5:30, & everyone else by 5:45 at the latest. These midtown restaurants are very demanding. . . :shock:
Nanila
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:59 am
Location: Germany

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby Nanila » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:08 am

Thank you again, Rachel, for you efforts!

Didn't know this was going to be so diificult,
anyway, we shall gladly be there at 5:30!!!

Renate & Arthur
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:30 am

holydove wrote:Okay, I called the restaurant again & they agreed to give us 2 tables, with 6 people at one, & 7 people at the other table (the additional 3 people brings the total to 13).

Sheila: Please confirm, as soon as possible, if the other 3 people are actually coming, because if not, I will have to call them & change the numbers again (& hope they don't send someone to assassinate me. . .)

The person I spoke with emphatically reminded me that 7 or 8 have to be there by 5:30, & everyone else by 5:45 at the latest. These midtown restaurants are very demanding. . . :shock:

;-) I have been out of NY for more t han 10 years...I guess I forgot how gruff we could be...I am more mellow now. ;-)
No one will assassinate you...not on my watch!!!
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
loska
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:36 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby loska » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:05 am

So excited about this meetup - I found menu here:
http://www.tirnanognyc.com/pennstation/ ... ge_id=2754
2009 New York, 2009 Tampa, 2012 New York, 2013 Tampa
SylviaB
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby SylviaB » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 am

Dear Renate, first of all, I am as "crazy" as you, just coming from Amsterdam next week to see the NY-show. I couldn t post earlier due to computer-difficulties. Don t worry about a place in the restaurant for the meet-up (I try to be there at 5.30 (and if there s a problem, I can leave if late-commers arrive and/or will talk me a seat ...sometimes I can be very convincing;-) but can t promise it yet. No worries about me. Just to say,that I ll be around as well. I will for sure be in the concert and looking so much forward to this adventure!
Yes! Can t wait!
Sylvia
SylviaB
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby SylviaB » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 am

PS: if anybody by any chance has a "left-over"-ticket for Brooklyn ... just let me know :)
Sylvia
User avatar
sbrownblei
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby sbrownblei » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:30 am

SylviaB wrote:PS: if anybody by any chance has a "left-over"-ticket for Brooklyn ... just let me know :)
You can still get a ticket on line. Go the the Barclay site. Would love to meet you. This is going to be a blast. Are you wearing a fedora :?: :lol:
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
shemesh
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 am

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Postby shemesh » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 am

Hi
I have a VIP tkt to Madison Sq. Garden
Row 8 seat 3
I bought it back in July and found out I cannot be there
Anybody want to buy it from me?
150 $ value will sell for 100$

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests