MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Bushwoman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Toronto Meetups????

Postby Bushwoman » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:04 am

Anyone? :D
User avatar
chillymidnight
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm
Location: UK

MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby chillymidnight » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 am

Hi - might have sent this post in already. Anyway - does anyone know if there's a meet-up in Toronto in Dec? If not I don't mind helping to organise - but I live in uk.
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
Paris 2012, Toronto 2012 x2. Paris 2013, London 2013 x 2, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013
rtychonick
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 am

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby rtychonick » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 pm

I haven't heard of one yet, but I'll be there if there is one. I'm coming from out of town as well.
User avatar
musicmania
Posts: 1464
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Kildare Town Ireland
Contact:

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby musicmania » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 am

I'll be there too with Mandy. Looking forward to it.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
User avatar
JudyJudyJudy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby JudyJudyJudy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 am

I will be there, I'm here now :D
will help too if it's not too time consuming, I don't see to have enough time do much these days!
which day are you attending,
I am there on Dec 5 but am tempted to find tickets for Dec 4th as well!
Judy
User avatar
musicmania
Posts: 1464
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Kildare Town Ireland
Contact:

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby musicmania » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm

JudyJudyJudy wrote:I will be there, I'm here now :D
will help too if it's not too time consuming, I don't see to have enough time do much these days!
which day are you attending,
I am there on Dec 5 but am tempted to find tickets for Dec 4th as well!
Judy
We will be there for both concerts.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
rtychonick
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 am

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby rtychonick » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 am

I haven't lived in Toronto for some years but I'll try to find a place that isn't too far from the Air Canada Centre to meet. I'm going both nights.
Cate
Posts: 3457
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 am

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby Cate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi,
I don't think that I will be attending the Toronto concerts but I do have a couple of suggestions that might be suitable ( just to consider)

The Irish Embassy Pub is a nice a place and a short walk from the Air Canada Centre - they do take reservations http://www.irishembassypub.com/irish/home.html

there is also the Three Brewers which has a larger space - and is about a 20 minute walk or a quick subway ride http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/toronto_yonge.php
User avatar
JudyJudyJudy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby JudyJudyJudy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 am

musicmania wrote:
JudyJudyJudy wrote:I will be there, I'm here now :D
will help too if it's not too time consuming, I don't see to have enough time do much these days!
which day are you attending,
I am there on Dec 5 but am tempted to find tickets for Dec 4th as well!
Judy
We will be there for both concerts.
ok great, trying to get a ticket for the 4th now.
Judy
User avatar
JudyJudyJudy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby JudyJudyJudy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Cate wrote:Hi,
I don't think that I will be attending the Toronto concerts but I do have a couple of suggestions that might be suitable ( just to consider)

The Irish Embassy Pub is a nice a place and a short walk from the Air Canada Centre - they do take reservations http://www.irishembassypub.com/irish/home.html

there is also the Three Brewers which has a larger space - and is about a 20 minute walk or a quick subway ride http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/toronto_yonge.php
good ideas:
I've bene to the Irish Embassy before, food is good a bit pricy. the beer is exceptional, I hear!
haven't been to the Three Brewers before.

another option which is less pub oriented and more food oriented: (amongst tons of options)
walking distance to ACC
Marché, a Swiss "fancy cafeteria" where you walk around with wooden trays and order your food, it is an experience to go there...nice to get up and see all that is cooking.
The dishes are nice, ranges from, roasted chicken, Thai, italian pasta etc. freshly squeezed juices, wines, beers etc. and exquisite desserts!!!

you order what you want, they swipe on a card and you pay on the way out. Eat/drink as little or as much as you'd like.
http://www.torontopath.com/view/marche- ... place.aspx

the restaurant actually is just beside where the "The Ninth Glenn Gould Prize: "Artworks" by Leonard Cohen" was held in Toronto in May, (which I missed but)
http://glenngould.ca/leonard-cohen-art-exhibition/

rooms can be booked... the can accomodate from 10-70 if needed
the days are still available, but they will book up for Christmas holiday parties so, if we're interested in this, best we book soon.

let me know if there is any interest for either Dec 4 or 5 (still trying to get some tickets for the 4th, but I'm going on the 5th for sure!)
Judy
rtychonick
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 am

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby rtychonick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 am

I've also heard that the Fox on Bay is quite good: http://www.foxonbay.ca/
User avatar
chillymidnight
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:58 pm
Location: UK

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby chillymidnight » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 am

Marché sounds good - I'm interested for 4th or 5th - you could count me in!

Also the Irish Embassy Pub also sounds good (well they all do but good to be near ACC?) - maybe we could meet in Marché on one day and Irish Embassy the next?
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
Paris 2012, Toronto 2012 x2. Paris 2013, London 2013 x 2, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013
rtychonick
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 am

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby rtychonick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:05 pm

The Marche is always a zoo, and is geared more towards food. I"ll head somewhere where the accent is on beverages.
Bushwoman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby Bushwoman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:59 pm

Would love a meetup, something not too complicated distance wise.
I will be arrving Pearson at 4:00PM 4 Dec....
I may have to chuck it, get dinner, and walk over.
User avatar
JudyJudyJudy
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: MEET-UP in TORONTO?

Postby JudyJudyJudy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 pm

chillymidnight wrote: Also the Irish Embassy Pub also sounds good (well they all do but good to be near ACC?) - maybe we could meet in Marché on one day and Irish Embassy the next?
that is an option.
here is the menu for the Irish Embassy:
http://www.irishembassypub.com/irish/pd ... r_Menu.pdf

I've been to it once, I must admit though that the service was a tad slow, we had 2 tables only, but everyone enjoyed the beer while waiting!
rtychonick wrote:The Marche is always a zoo, and is geared more towards food. I"ll head somewhere where the accent is on beverages.
food is good! I guess that is my preference, since there is a bevy of beverages available from Marché. it might be nice "experience" for visitors, being a touch unique in it's decor and all.
also, you can pick up your food with little wait time ( I like my food hot)

"Pub grub" works as well, however, sometimes it's hit and miss with a group... and food has to sit under those heat lamps while waiting for all orders to be made.

I haven't been to or head of "The Fox" another pre- or post-concert choice then.
Bushwoman wrote:Would love a meetup, something not too complicated distance wise.
I will be arrving Pearson at 4:00PM 4 Dec....

I may have to chuck it, get dinner, and walk over.
depending on the time for getting your baggage, will you have a carry on and from where do you come from? international may take longer to clear customs.
if you take public transit... ($6?) might be about an hour and a half to get downtown, if you're lucky, I haven't done that route in awhile. There are some busses that take you downtown too, not sure what the cost is... If you take a flat rate taxi, about $40 .. it may be faster, depending on traffic on a Tuesday afternoon.

so.. yeah, you'll likely be downtown near the same restarants by 6:00 PM I would hope.
there are some "fast food" places like Pizziaiolo however ( a better pizza place, IMHO), with a 850 m walk to the ACC.
there are likely others too! inside Union Station, right nearby.
https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UT ... CBYQnwIwAA

Marche is right in that direction as well (1 block south of the Pizzaiolo) .. so if we go there, you could probably meet us there as an option.

Judy

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests