favorite david bowie album

This section is for all other music-related topics
Teratogen

favorite david bowie album

Post by Teratogen »

there's GOT to be some bowie fans here... and i'm sure most of you will say "ziggy stardust" is bowie's best album, and i will not argue with that! it's mine, too! but i want to know what you all think some of his best albums are... maybe give me a list or something. i'm just curious. i actually think "hunky dory" is better than "aladdin sane," but most people might disagree with me...

so let's have it.
Pete

Post by Pete »

It's got to be Aladdin Sane

it's got that extra bit of drive

well, thats my opinion anyway, and I'm sticking to it :)

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
John

Bowie

Post by John »

The best Bowie album has to be Hunky Dory - it was a totally original
work, and unlike anything else when it emerged. It includes Bowie's greatest melodies and widest variety of material. In terms of the themes it covered, it could not have been more timely - the reflections on Dylan's (then) absence, the homage to Warhol, and the cue for Lou Reed's re-emergence (with a great Eddie Cochran riff, to boot). Every track is a gem - Changes, Quicksand, Life on Mars, Kooks etc.etc. Ziggy comes in at No.2 for me, though it was also totally innovative. Otherwise, in descending order - Aladdin Sane, Man Who Sold the World, Station to Station, Space Oddity and Let's Dance. Heroes is a great track, too.
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

anybody like "low". i think it's a spectacular album that no one has seemed to duplicate, though have tried.
~greg

Post by ~greg »

best: Low, Heroes, and Lodger.

guilty pleasures: The Man Who Sold the World,
Diamond Dogs, Station to Station, Scary Monsters,
Let's Dance, Outside
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I like his earlier work best. Space Oddity is probably my favourite.
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

wow, greg.... you like "outside"? that's fantastic! hahaha. when people talk about bowie i rarely hear anybody talking about that album! hahaha.
catherine

Post by catherine »

Hunky Dory, no question ( " I'm the twisted name on Garbo's eyes, living proof of Churchill's lies, I'm destiny...")

And " Heathen": I just love it.

:) :) :) , Catherine.
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

from "hunky dory" to "heathen." that is great. hahaha. does anybody here think "low" is his best? i find this album very fascinating!
catherine

Post by catherine »

I don't own that one, sorry.
But I might buy it. You said "Buy some", I bought some...
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

yes, i recommend it. it was a visionary experiment bowie did with brian eno. expect some early roxy music-ish beats and guitar work with simple bowie lyrics, as well as some really off-the-wall instrumentals that range from futuristic to creepy. nearly half the songs are instrumentals, and if not instrumentals they have minimal lyrics. "low" is truly a gem.
Anne-Marie

Post by Anne-Marie »

My fav. Bowie songs: Let's Dance, Changes, As The World Falls Down, Oh! You Pretty Things, and Starman.

Return to “Other music”