Seattle & Vancouver, BC

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Willietattoos

Seattle & Vancouver, BC

Post by Willietattoos »

What's the word, y'all?

Who is planning on these shows?

Anyone planning a meet-up?

I'm quite excited!
KaimiK

Re: Seattle & Vancouver, BC

Post by KaimiK »

It's all very exciting! I'm going to Seattle and Portland. As we get a little closer, we'll have to see who else is going and perhaps start a meet-up thread for each. Can hardly wait!!! :D
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Conspiracy of Beards

Post by Conspiracy of Beards »

Hello Cohen Fans,

I see that you are in the Seattle/Vancouver area and I just wanted to let you know about Conspiracy of Beards | 30 Men Sing Leonard Cohen. We are 30 men who sing original a cappella arrangements of Leonard Cohen's poetic music. We consider ourselves stewards of Leonard Cohen's words and we take our stewardship very seriously. We are based in San Francisco and are heading north for our first Pacific Northwest Tour. We will be in Portland at Last Thursday on Alberta and East Chinatown Lounge on Thursday, May 31st. Then we head up to Heritage Hall in Vancouver, Canada for our very first international performance on Friday, June 1st! Next we'll be in Seattle for a show an early show at The Comet Tavern on Saturday, June 2nd, after which we will likely sing in the streets!

You can find the details and more info as well as some samples of our song at our website: http://conspiracyofbeards.com

You can also watch our original videos that give a little insight into what the Beards are all about here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ConspiracyofBeards

Thank you kindly and we hope to see you in the north!

Clay Eugene Smith
Conspiracy of Beards

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Willietattoos wrote:What's the word, y'all?
Who is planning on these shows?
Anyone planning a meet-up?
I'm quite excited!
Hi Dee.
I am planning on Seattle. I bought a ticket on the pre-sale (thank you, Jarkko), just hope I can go.
Let's talk about a meetup closer to the date. First I have to book flights and find a place to stay.
It will be nice to see you again. Any new "Willie" tattoos?
Is Alice also going?
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
mutti

Post by mutti »

I will be at both those concerts and can help suggest places to meet up as I know both cities intimately as I have lived in both many years. Cheers Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Please count me in for any Vancouver meet ups!

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
goaskaliceok

Post by goaskaliceok »

I will definitely be at the Seattle concert, Arlene, and also Vancouver! :D
I look forward to seeing you again; and YES, I am very excited!! :!:
Count me and Dee in for any and all meet-ups!
Willietattoos

Post by Willietattoos »

Hi Arlene, sorry for the delay. I'm looking forward to seeing you, again! If you email, or PM, I will let you know where we are staying. Thelma & Louise On The Road Again. No new Willie Tattoos, but I did get a kiss from him a few weeks ago!
Peace
daka

Buddhist nun seeks ticket .. Seattle Friday

Post by daka »

Hi

I had the great good fortune to see Leonard five times. A friend in Seattle who is a Buddhist nun (impoverished) would really love to attend on Friday but has no money and no hope. She does not know that I am passing this cyber begging bowl on her behalf. If anyone hears of a last minute ticket becoming available please let me know asap. email me at sean@fiach.ca

Many thanks

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”