World tour or not 2012

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Jonnie Falafel

Re: World tour or not 2012

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

rike wrote:So maybe he will appear at the Montreux Jazz Festival after all, as was reported elsewhere some time ago.
Or if not there how about the Perugia Jazz Festival or even the Lucca Festival again.... please.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Jonnie Falafel wrote:I have a fantasy of a tour of smallish venues - no larger than say, the Albert Hall. A stripped down band - like 1985. Hushed and attentive audiences and mostly new material or rarely performed material. I guess I can dream. Would also like to see bookshop poetry recitals too... while there are still bookshops!Whatever happens please come to Italy.

WE share dreams!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

From FB yesterday:

"Well have just heard from a concert dealer in Germany
He has signed Mr. Leonard Cohen for 2013 MUST SAY LOOKING FORWARD".
IMO: It's about time to start saving for the next tour...

There's a said in Spanish:

"Cuando el rio suena... agua lleva"

literally means " if you can listen the river... that means there's water in it" (many rivers in our dry country only have water after heavy rains or during spring)
Similar to yours:

"Where there's smoke without fire"

SOOOO, let's start saving friends!!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Today I passed up the opportunity to buy tickets to John Fogerty in order to save for the 2012 - 2013 LC tour.
Fogerty/Cohen - both did not tour for a long time, both are happy to play their back catalog, but LC writes better lyrics.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

It seems that another tour is becoming more and more likely even though nothing is certain yet. Snippets from various sources suggest late 2012 and/or 2013 but we cannot put our lives on hold in the hope that tour dates will be announced. (In your shoes, I would have bought those Fogerty tickets Alan.)

Let's hope we get some firm information - one way or another - sooner rather than later.

Wendy
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Well, I hope Leonard will be in Montreux, since I will be there this summer for a decade birthday. But based on the very recent Rolling Stone Q&A, it sounds like a tour is pretty definite -- so it comes down to the "when" part:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20120130
:roll:
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
holydove

Post by holydove »

BEATRIZ SALLES wrote:From FB yesterday:

"Well have just heard from a concert dealer in Germany
He has signed Mr. Leonard Cohen for 2013 MUST SAY LOOKING FORWARD".
IMO: It's about time to start saving for the next tour...
Thank you for posting that info, Beatriz! Very interesting & very promising. . .
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

Allan Showalter (Heck of a Guy) has a post on Facebook saying that Hot Press Magazine are reporting that an application for a Licence has been made to the appropriate authorities for Leonard Cohen to perform in August/September 2012 at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham where I saw him perform in 2008. I sincerely hope this comes to pass.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Tony Crosbie wrote: I sincerely hope this comes to pass.
Me too Tony. After missing Sligo, my dream has been a LC concert in Ireland ;-)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Jonnie Falafel wrote:
rike wrote:So maybe he will appear at the Montreux Jazz Festival after all, as was reported elsewhere some time ago.
Or if not there how about the Perugia Jazz Festival or even the Lucca Festival again.... please.
Yeah, Lucca in 2008 was great. Open air, small city square, close to my country, good train connections, the best countryside in Europe etc.:)
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

I know these words may not butter any parsnips but Florence (Piazza Santa Croce or Nelson Mandela Forum or the Perugia Jazz festival would not cause me any geographical inconvenience! I think the Lucca line this year is pretty much decided upon. Tour planners note: there's a nice little Roman amphitheatre in Arezzo and an annual music festival to go with it.... or how about the Anghiari Music Festival in the summer - an artist like LC would be a bit of a departure for that one but sometimes old ways drag you down (are you listening Italy!).......
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Me too Tony and Beatriz!!! I'm dreaming from a LC Concert in Irland!!! :D

Marina
Tony Crosbie

Post by Tony Crosbie »

Ireland and Leonard Cohen has a nice ring to it don't you think.
and the Johnny Walker wisdom running high
phillip

Post by phillip »

me to i have seen L.Cohen in concert 4 times hope to see him again!
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

It's all gone very quiet on the tour speculation front this week... and with no further news on Ireland - if it was true - I suspect it's not happening this summer. ;-(

Return to “Comments & Questions”