Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
BlizzardofIce

Re: Gotten your pre-order CD yet?

Post by BlizzardofIce »

As you say, lesson learned. I jumped right in, pulled out my VISA and ordered, excited to get to listen to SMTP.
Thought that was the only way, without using torrents.

I got the album now on spotify and use that to listen to it on my phone, my work computer, in my car, and on my home stereo.
I'm not sure if I ever will play the CD anyway (.....) but I WANT THE COVER! I want it in my hands...

I'm afraid those Old ideas will get even older before i get it.
Last edited by BlizzardofIce on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are many ways a man can serve his time
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

Ordered mine with litho on 22nd November 2011. Email told me it was dispatched on 26th January - no tracking info. No idea when it will arrive.
Got Amazon pre-order on Tuesday.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have to praise Zavvi - again! They shipped my pre-order CD on Friday and it arrived on Monday. They are much more reliable than Amazon in my experience.

No idea when I will get my pre-order CD and lithograph from the US (possibly via a further delay at UK customs). Jan 26 may have been a good shipping date for US orders to arrive by the Jan 31 release date but it's rubbish for international orders. Seems Sony took us for suckers - and we all fell for it .....

And now it seems there's a (much) nicer lithograph available in record stores.

Wendy
BlizzardofIce

Post by BlizzardofIce »

To customer service:
The CD has been in stores for a week now.
What is the point of preordering when you are so late on delivery???

Pointless....
Answer from customer service:
Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. According to the information available in our database, your order was shipped on January 26, 2012 via UPS Mail Innovations. The delivery duration of UPS Mail Innovations for international orders is 8 to 18 business days. If you do not receive your order within 18 business days from the date of the shipment, please contact your local Post Office and enquire whether they received your order.

Sincerely,

Sony Music Digital
C36G
Dennis
18 business days that means three weeks shipping...
If I haven't received the CD around 20. Feb I have to ask my local post office where it is....?!
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

I don't have mine either, very frustrating and disappointing. It was shipped January 28th I think, but reading the fine print says shipments to Canada will take something crazy like 10 to 18 business days. Who knows when I'll get it. I'm trying to resist buying it at the store, but I may have to.
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I haven't received mine either but based on previous experience I wasn't expecting it so bought another copy on Tuesday. I ordered the boxed set from Sony a couple of months ago and it took over two weeks to get to me from when it was shipped. I think it was held up in Customs for some time as I had to pay duty on it when it finally arrived.
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

joyezekiel wrote:Mine was shipped on January 26th and it arrived today.

Yes, I received mine also today together with the beautifull lithograph. :D
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Mollydog wrote: I ordered the boxed set from Sony a couple of months ago and it took over two weeks to get to me from when it was shipped. I think it was held up in Customs for some time as I had to pay duty on it when it finally arrived.
Yes, Mollydog - my experience too - 13 business days, not bad from USA to Ireland, plus customs duties. The boxed set was worth every Euro though - I am so glad I ordered that, especially when I see it marked "sold out" now. ( No doubt it will be available again soon!) But I would never again pre-order a CD or digital download...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

My CD/litho package just arrived at 3:58 PT

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

i ordered the whole package, november 22.
i got a shipment notification, on feb. 1., and a very kind note to answer my question about when i would get the LP, CD, etc. :

Hi, I'm sorry that you've not received the order. According to the information in our database, your order was shipped on February 1, 2012 via UPS Mail Innovations. This delivery method allows us to significantly reduce your shipping costs, while still providing the reliable international service UPS is known for. UPS will deliver your item to the postal service of your country, who will then in turn deliver the parcel to you. UPS Mail Innovations does not provide tracking numbers for individual items and hence, the tracking is not available for this shipping method. The delivery may take 8 to 18 business days (3 weeks approximately) from the date of shipping. So you should receive your order between (February 1, 2012 - February 12, 2012) and (February 1, 2012 - February 26, 2012). If your order doesn't arrive within the estimated time frame, you may want to check with your local post office, your parcel may be held there if customs fees or taxes are due.
Sincerely, Sony Music Digital
C4GW
Nick

fortunately, our national radio 1 plays something LC, every day, now, plus we get a radio-advertisement every hour to promote the new album, (which is something i've never heard before, for any new CD-release), and so our local record store has sold an extra copy, because i didn't have the patience to wait another month or so.

i am a little disappointed with mself now, because i thought more wisdom would have come to me, after all these years, but it looks like i'm still not old enough ; or else : the old idea, saying that wisdom comes with age or time, is a false idea

pe
... precisely ...
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Not yet, still waiting.

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
BlizzardofIce

Post by BlizzardofIce »

Customer service:
I'm sorry that you're not completely satisfied with shipping process. Whenever feasible we aim to deliver your items on the day they are available in stores, provided you ordered early enough to allow for processing and delivery. Also, the shipping information with the estimated delivery time was provided on the "Checkout page" while placing the order. However, it is appreciated you've taken the time to share your comments with us. It is important to receive feedback so we may consider the needs of our customers in the future.

Sincerely,

Sony Music Digital
C1E8
Noah
Ria Bellen

Post by Ria Bellen »

Mine was ordered november 22th (early enough) - shipped on january 26th and it arrived today !
mericege

Post by mericege »

I got mine today 1 hour ago, i am listening to it now. It is great, the booklet is also so cool,lots of drawings,lyrics and info.

Take care everyone.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “OLD IDEAS”