Cohen's 'Live in Fredericton' EP for free - today only

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
LisaLCFan

Re: Cohen's 'Live in Fredericton' EP for free - today only

Post by LisaLCFan »

I am just waiting to hear from Jarkko as to whether it is legal for me to make this available. So, please stay tuned...
astranger

Post by astranger »

I would love it if i could get this sent to me!
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hartmut wrote:Hi Lisa,
I will attempt to do the MP3 thing
That would be great!

Thanks.

Hartmut
Yes thanks Lisa, I would like it that way too if possible. :D

EDIT: All OK now. :D
Last edited by B4real on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Wow, this brings back memories, sitting out all night (8pm to 10am) for tickets in -15 deg C (fourth in line), the ice storm hit at about 5am!! We raised the "tent of shelter" at 6am.

I never thought I'd see "Tonight - Leonard Cohen" on the marquee of my little 700 seat theatre in Fredericton. And now, nearly 4 years later a free EP titled "Live in Fredericton". What a rush to be a Frederictonian-Cohenite. If I listen very closely I can pretend I can hear myself in the crowd. Yeh . . . those were the days.

Quality is very good.
Cate

Post by Cate »

Thank you Hartmut!!!!
Last edited by Cate on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Okay, just listened to the 5 tracks. These were professionally recorded with mics on the audience and everything.

So, the first question I have is - if the first show in tiny Fredericton was recorded, how much recorded material exists from this 240+-show tour!?

And, how did iTunes and the other sponsors come about getting the rights & permissions to release these tracks?

p.s. - I think the download is limited to Canada because it was sponsored by the Vancouver Sun and the Montreal Gazette.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Ed Sanders mastered those five songs from the complete Fredericton recording.
Unfortunately the songs will not be released as a product by itself. This is
"just" a part of the Old Ideas promotion.
So, the first question I have is - if the first show in tiny Fredericton was recorded, how much recorded material exists from this 240+-show tour!?
Substantially, I'd say. The audio of EVERY concert was recorded and saved, and quite many also filmed - a remarkable number in High Definition.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Steve Wilcox wrote:Okay, just listened to the 5 tracks. These were professionally recorded with mics on the audience and everything.

I think we already know that all the shows were recorded?

Wendy

Whoops - just noticed that Jarkko had already confirmed this while I was drafting my post!
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I have now mediafire link to ziped file, thanks to all involved:) Plays good, although sounds little distorted in LC's voice parts.

It is fun that they released the very first show, I'd say the band and LC weren't yet relaxed as later.

Can anybody upload cover art? I believe it is available on iTunes with the release... notwithstanding how little resolution. I see it on Ottawa Gazette website, 1cm big, it's nice variation of Live in London art.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Just got this from a friend in Canada, but tracks 1 and 2 won't play -- anyone else having this problem?
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Somebody posted screen shot from iTunes Canada, there's cover art I'd like to have so I can burn and print out the proper CDR :)

bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

[quote="Steve Wilcox"
And, how did iTunes and the other sponsors come about getting the rights & permissions to release these tracks?.
I sort of see LC''s hand in the background of this Canadian only free delight, and specifically the Fredericton opening concert.

I think this is Leonard's way of graciously saying "Thank you, Fredericton for giving me the confidence I needed to go out again." And thank you to other Canadian cities for your enthusiastic support until we opened "officially" in Toronto.

IMHO, this free delight available only in Canada was first and foremost LC's special recognition of Eastern Canada.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
ilyuha

Post by ilyuha »

Hello, I'm newbie. I'm live in Belarus and visited Leonard Cohen's gig in Moskow. I can't download Live in Fredericton' EP for free. I'll be very grateful If someone send me mp3 by email!
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

truly grateful from Beijing if someone would send me a zip file link.
Thanks a million.

Weilin
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

tomsakic wrote:Can anybody upload cover art? I believe it is available on iTunes with the release... notwithstanding how little resolution. I see it on Ottawa Gazette website, 1cm big, it's nice variation of Live in London art.
The best quality I have:
LC_Fredericton_EP.JPG
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “News”