"Win a flight to Paris to meet Leonard"

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
jarkko
Site Admin

"Win a flight to Paris to meet Leonard"

Post by jarkko »

http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/gewi ... paris.html

Fliegen Sie zu Leonard Cohen nach Paris!
Wir verlosen in Kooperation mit Sony Music eine Reise nach Paris zur Vorstellung des neuen Albums "Old Ideas" von Leonard Cohen, der ebenfalls anwesend sein wird. Wie Sie gewinnen können, erfahren Sie hier.

Am 27. Januar erscheint "Old Ideas" - das erste Studioalbum seit acht Jahren von Leonard Cohen. Die wunderbar andächtige Stimmung, die seine Konzerte auf den letzten Welttourneen auszeichnete, findet sich auch in diesen zehn Songs wieder. Oder, wie Maik Brüggemeyer es in seiner Rezension in der Februarausgabe viel schöner formulieren wird:

"Leonard Cohen, der Liebhaber und Sinnsucher, der Mann in den eleganten Anzügen und dem Mönchsgewand, ist heimgekommen. Hat sein Apartment bezogen, ganz oben im Tower Of Song."

Wir verlosen nun in Kooperation mit Sony Music einen Preis, der exklusiver nicht sein könnte: eine Reise nach Paris (vom 14. – 17. Januar 2012) inkl. Flug und Hotelübernachtung für zwei Personen sowie den Besuch des Pre-Listenings von "Old Ideas" am Montag, den 16.01.2012, bei dem Leonard Cohen höchstselbst anwesend sein wird (Das Label behält sich Änderungen im Ablauf vor).

Für einen Preis dieser Art reicht es natürlich nicht, bloß eine Gewinnmail zu schicken. Dieses Event, das selbst vielen Musikjournalisten verwehrt bleibt, soll einen absoluten Fan von Leonard Cohen beglücken.

Deshalb möchten wir, dass Sie die Redaktion auf kreative Weise überzeugen, leidenschaftlicher Cohen-Fan zu sein. Einschränkungen gibt es dabei keine - Sie können Ihre Cohen-Sammlung für ein Foto festlich drapieren, Sie können uns ein Bewerbungsvideo schicken, Sie können uns eine Sammlung Ihrer privaten Cohen-Konzertfotos schicken, Sie können uns eine von Ihnen eingespielte Cover-Version schicken, Sie können uns Gedichte und Prosa schicken oder einfach eine leidenschaftliche Mail. An dieser Stelle sei jedoch darauf hingewiesen, dass wir ausgewählte Stücke aus den Bewerbungen auch auf www.rollingstone.de zeigen werden. Wer teilnimmt, stimmt also automatisch der Veröffentlichung zu.

Die "Bewerbung" bitte an verlosung@rollingstone.de schicken und mit dem Stichwort "Leonard Cohen" versehen. Für größere Datenmengen empfehlen wir Transferseiten wie zum Beispiel We Transfer. Bitte dabei auch die vollständige Postadresse sowie eine Telefonnummer angeben. Der Einsendeschluss ist der 04. Januar.
Google translation:
Win!!

Leonard Cohen to fly to Paris!
We, in cooperation with Sony Music are giving away a trip to Paris for the unveiling of the new album "Old Ideas" by Leonard Cohen, who will also be present. How can you win, you will learn here.

On 27 January seems "old ideas" - the first studio album in eight years by Leonard Cohen. The wonderfully reverent mood that characterized his performances at the last world tour, finds himself in these ten songs. Or, as Maik Brüggemeyer will put it in his review in the February issue much better:
"Leonard Cohen, the lover and searcher for meaning, the man in the natty suits and the monk's robe, is come home. Has obtained his apartment, the top of the Tower of Song."
We're giving away now in cooperation with Sony Music a price that could not be exclusive: a trip to Paris (October 14 - 17 January 2012) including flights and hotel accommodation for two persons and the visit of the pre-listenings of "Old Ideas "On Monday, 16.01.2012, even at the highest Leonard Cohen will be present (The label retains changes in discharge).
For this sort of price it is obviously not enough to merely send a winning email. The event, which itself remains denied to many music journalists, an absolute fan of Leonard Cohen happy.
Therefore, we want you to convince the editors in a creative way to be passionate Cohen fan. There are limitations here do not - You can Cohen's collection for a photo draped festively, you can send us an audition tape, you can send us a collection of your personal Cohen concert photos, you can send us a well-rehearsed by you cover version, you We can send poems and prose, or simply a passionate mail. It should be noted, however, that we will show selected pieces from the applications on http://www.rollingstone.de. Anyone who takes part is true, then automatically to the publication.
The "application" please verlosung@rollingstone.de and send the keyword "Leonard Cohen" provided. For larger amounts of data transfer we recommend sites such as We transfer . Please enter here the full postal address and phone number. The deadline is the 04th January.
I don't know if only Germans are entitled to participate.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Jonnie Falafel

Re: "Win a flight to Paris to meet Leonard"

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Wouldn't it be luvverly.
B4real

Post by B4real »

jarkko wrote:I don't know if only Germans are entitled to participate.
That's probably right! Or maybe it relates to the general European area.
I can't see them paying for a return flight from and to Australia......unfortunately :(
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i'm not going up in any aeroplane
istvan

Post by istvan »

in the German text vom 14. – 17. Januar 2012 in the English version vom was incorrectly translated as October!!!
Istvan
In a dream of Hungarian lanterns
In the mist of some sweet afternoon
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

I would have like to try this, but 1, I live in England 2,I would not be here to go.
Geoffery, it is far safer in a plane, the being on our motorway. :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

denise knowles wrote:I would have like to try this, but 1, I live in England 2,I would not be here to go.
Geoffery, it is far safer in a plane, the being on our motorway. :)
well how am i gonna get me their then cos like i said nobody aint gonna get me up in no plain its that simple the answer is no i am not doing it for all the tea in china no way.
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

Geoffrey wrote: well how am i gonna get me their then cos like i said nobody aint gonna get me up in no plain its that simple the answer is no i am not doing it for all the tea in china no way.
Geoffery, why ever not, I would be lost without them, in fact jumping on another one on the 11th Jan 2012. :D
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

denise knowles wrote:Geoffery, why ever not, I would be lost without them, in fact jumping on another one on the 11th Jan 2012. :D
well, i know that somebody's got it in for me and if i went on a plane it would crash, denise - or i would get sucked out through a window. i got bad karma, like that poor bugger job in the bible. 'job' - what a daft name - ha ha!!!
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

well, i know that somebody's got it in for me and if i went on a plane it would crash, denise - or i would get sucked out through a window. i got bad karma, like that poor bugger job in the bible. 'job' - what a daft name - ha ha!!![/quote]
Geoffery, I don't think for one moment you have Bad Karma. You have just been watching to many disaster movies.
:(
Violet

Post by Violet »

I just heard back from them, and yes, it's for German fans only.. should any one be contemplating a last minute submission..

v.
Violet
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Violet wrote:I just heard back from them, and yes, it's for German fans only.. should any one be contemplating a last minute submission..
v.
*crying* I asked them but didn't get any answer so I sent my submission on New Years Day...
I'm so disappointed.
Eva
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

Oops, guess what? I haven't heard a word from them about accepting my things at all, but I went to their FB page and...
tadam...
https://www.facebook.com/rollingstonemagazin 3rd, Jan.
https://www.facebook.com/rollingstonemagazin 3rd, Jan.
I must admit I'm quite proud, regardless of the outcome. :)
Eva
drsing

Post by drsing »

Great admission Eva :!: :!:

So as you are from Hungary, apparently they are not only accepting German participants :idea:
Still hope for me and all others from neighbouring countries :shock:
DSC06471.JPG
DSC06471.JPG (15.06 KiB) Viewed 6757 times
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

drsing wrote:Great admission Eva :!: :!:
So as you are from Hungary, apparently they are not only accepting German participants :idea:
Still hope for me and all others from neighbouring countries :shock:
Thanks :) Well, I'm not sure about it. I sent my submission in German (thanks, Heike, for the wonderful translation <3 ), I admitted that I was from Hungary, but along with my own (Hungarian) address I presented the address of my German relative as well, stating that it's not mine, and that I won't mind if the departure was from Germany.

I don't know if it makes any difference and they still may refuse me as competitor, even though they used my pic :(
(Btw, I gave them the flash version and some other goodies like my "saints bracelet" as well :D )
Eva

Return to “OLD IDEAS”