Here is the Google translate version. Not a very good one, but better than nothing!
Javier Mas: "Playing with Leonard Cohen is like playing in the NBA"
Already has a global recognition. This category was awarded for having taken his lute and mandolin by Leonard Cohen. He visited his family in Zaragoza and prepares new projects
Joaquin Carbonell 04/01/2012
- Are you going to participate again in the upcoming tour of Cohen?
- I do not know, because I do not even know if there will be tour. Will birthday, and a tour like we did three years is very hard.
- But he participated in the new album, Old ideas.
- Leonard participated but then locked back into the studio and redid everything to their liking. And in this new mix I just play a song.
- What projects are you then?
- At the moment plenty of rest. While I have made some contacts with friends who I know on the tour with Cohen and I have things in the air.
- Well, I met Glen Handsard, a very good Irish singer. I asked to play on his new album and even did some gigs with him and his group. It's a very interesting musician I've collated a lot.
- Anything else?
- Well, I'd spend a little more attention to my own music. I have plans to record something, I have offered projects. All very much in the air because I have not devoted much attention, keep in mind that just passed by house and now I'm spending some time with my grandchildren, to fix my house.
- Living in Zaragoza?
- Do not dislike me because here is part of my family, my mother lives, but basically I need to live near a major airport.
- Does your tour with Leonard Cohen is the top for a musician?
- Man, completely! I I've played with everybody, including you and Labordeta, when you get to those levels that you see are projects from another dimension. You could say it's like playing in the NBA.
- Especially when you have a leader like Leonard Cohen that allowed him some freedom.
- No, no, I allowed all the freedom. I think I did the tour one never repeated. That's not ever happened to me with other singers. They tell you to do what you want is something unique freely.
- And in that freedom is allowed some hints?
- Exactly. I raised a little by playing in a city. In Istanbul, for example I gave it a more oriental, and the audience appreciated it. Or in Liverpool, including the one touch of Within you, without you the Sargent Peppers, in a tribute to George Harrison. They are very specific details but very rewarding.