***POST YOUR TATTOO'S HERE***

This section is for any non-Cohen topics (except political discussions!)

Moderators: MarieM, Maarten, pekka, Henning, Andrew (Darby), dick, tomsakic, Wybe, jarkko

Re: ***POST YOUR TATTOO'S HERE***

Postby imaginary friend on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Eloquently expressed Abby.

...And speaking of words, the ones you use always seem to be well-crafted and chosen with care.

Your tattoos are beautifully crafted too, especially the Anthem words. The way the script follows the curve of your arm and the deep spacing between the lines is... well, quite luscious ;-)
imaginary friend

Postby lizzytysh on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:39 am

Impressive and, as already said, eloquent, as well as insightful, with much depth and incisive perspective... all making them who you are, Abby. I enjoyed reading your reasons and followed your logic and reasoning as I went.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby Geoffrey on Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:02 pm

lazariuk wrote:Well done Abby.

yes well done indeed. but the thing is that john and me have always been best friends, for ages, it's just been me and him we did everything went everywhere together, like brothers. but just recently another guy has joined us, jostein his name is, so there's three of us now, a triangle sort of. we all get on well together, but i still think of john as my best friend. the trouble is he regards jostein as his best friend, so the dynamics have changed a bit. and a few days ago jostein said i am his best friend, he has said it more than once in fact, but never when john is around. we're not sucking each others' dicks or anything like that, and i don't think there's any jealousy going around - it's just that i've noticed that when you are with two other people there's always one that you like more than the other. sometimes it's just a fraction more, even though it is usually a lot more. maybe that's why marriages often go downhill after the kid is born, because the chances of the love being divided 50/50 are as remote as seeing jehovas witnesses in church to celebrate christmas. it's like when you get married, the balance of power is tilted as soon as you get back home and close the door; one of you is more dominant than the other. could be just very slightly, but that tiny margin can only grow, become a wedge, because there is not a compromise to every marital problem, sometimes the answer is just a yes or a no. but when me john and jostein were walking through the shopping centre this is what happened: first jostein met somebody he knew and we stopped up while they chatted for a minute or two. then john met somebody he knew and we had to stop up again. this put me in a spot because i felt that is i didn't meet anybody i knew then it would look like they were more well-known and popular than me, they might think that i was inferior to them. i had to wave to a couple of strangers in one shop we passed and pretended i knew them, but i don't like being forced to lie like that. i don't think it's working really with three of us because of the rivalry element. why does jostein have to keep telling me i am his best friend, it's like when you say to a fatally wounded soldier "don't worry, help is on the way" even when you know he's going to be dead in a couple of minutes. i used to do handsprings for john, i helped him, shouldered the blame when he went to the toilet in that house that was for sale even. we were looking at a house that had come on the market, there were loads of prospective buyers there, even though john and me didn't have any plans to buy it we just wanted to see what it was like. the estate agent was welcoming all the newcomers in at the entrance while we wandered around upstairs. then john went into the toilet and locked the door. after a minute or two i heard the water flush from the cistern so i guessed he had done his business in there. anyway, as he opened the door and came out, so did the smell he had made. then he went into the front bedroom just as the estate agent came upstairs with a lady to show her around. it was so embarrassing, he didn't say anything to me, and he didn't have say anything either because the look he gave me and his body language said it all. he thought it was me who had done it. i can't imagine jostein just standing there taking the blame like i did. but the worst thing of all is - sorry i have to go now.
Geoffrey

Postby lizzytysh on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:32 pm

i had to wave to a couple of strangers in one shop we passed and pretended i knew them, but i don't like being forced to lie like that.

:lol:

Look forward to the continuation, though haven't sorted what it has to do with tattoos... maybe just justifying one thing or another. Friendship triangles can be difficult. Too many power plays happen there. At least that's what I've found.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby tinderella on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:24 am

Lol, ah Geoffrey, get back here. You cannot leave us in suspense. Tv is totally boring tonight so is facebook so i decided to check on here and there you are telling your stories like only you can tell them, its always as if I am in a nice bar with you listening, and you sure can hold a persons interest.

Can I say something though and do not take it personally. I met some Scandinavian people on the Leonard Cohen walking tour in Germany..... I just found them ever so serious ( not Jarkko or Eija)..... I sat beside some at the evening dinner in Cologne and tried to engage them in conversation but it was difficult , so I gave up trying. We had many many laughs while we were there, but I never did notice any of the people from Scandinavia joining in. Yet here you are always making me laugh with the way you write.

Ok then I gotta go too but keep telling the tales please to this tattooed Irish woman :)
Last edited by tinderella on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinderella

Postby lazariuk on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am

John is fortunate to have such a friend.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine what it is true of.
lazariuk

Postby Geoffrey on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:50 pm

thank you, lizzytysh, tinderella and jack. i know these messages have nothing very much to do with tattoos - in the traditional sense. though it is possible to have indelible marks that can't be seen, even when one stands naked. marks on the soul, carried like souvenirs from a tyrant's whip, permanent lines slashed mercilessly across one's memory by a master who hides from view, our introverted holy shepherd with lamb on his menu.

http://youtu.be/tYwcZhZ7KSY - geoffrey, lys & varme (aleksandersen cover)
http://youtu.be/Cvvd8EX-F6E - geoffrey, blowin' in the wind (dylan cover)
Geoffrey

Postby imaginary friend on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:09 am

Hello Geoffrey,

I liked your melancholy songs and music, thanks for sharing them. Also liked your funky Nordic hat 8) , and your stories are always intriguing (to say the least!)

I admire your resilience moving forward from the pain you've endured.
imaginary friend

Postby lizzytysh on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm

I would love to know the words to the song where I can't understand the language, Geoffrey.

though it is possible to have indelible marks that can't be seen, even when one stands naked. marks on the soul, carried like souvenirs from a tyrant's whip, permanent lines slashed mercilessly across one's memory by a master who hides from view, our introverted holy shepherd with lamb on his menu.

You're so right, Geoffrey, and like Sheila, I admire your resilience as you try to move forward, too.
My heart is with you.

~ Lizzy xxx
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby Geoffrey on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 am

thank you imaginary friend (shiela?) and lizzie. i have moved forward, and have a lot of fun with my friends. but sometimes, as with everyone, the night is an ocean of loneliness, and sad thoughts cling to us like barnacles.
-gxx

in response to your request, lizzie, it is impossible to do justice to the song 'lys & varme' under translation - but it is about a man walking through his rooms in the night, with sad feelings about what lies ahead. the legacy he is leaving his loved one can be a burden to carry, he thinks, and he imagines it being questioned. he wonders if he will be blamed, whether or not what he has done will be seen as a betrayal. then later, as the sun pushes away the night, he feels his loved one cuddling up tightly to him, and he forget his worries. as they smalltalk together, he is asked about why the world is the way it is, but it's difficult for him to find the right answers. the chorus is as follows:

"the sun that set on me this evening will shine for you, dear one. and birds flying free - they show the way it all should be. there's much light and warmth to be had, as well as faith and hope. but many sad moments and tears too. i'm afraid that's how it'll always be."
Geoffrey

Postby lizzytysh on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 am

And what a song it is with its wide application. Thanks for your responses on Facebook, YouTube, and here. They've all added more to my understanding.

Thanks, g xxx
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby vixen_5 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:40 pm

My portrait tattoo of Leonard that his son Adam added his autograph to 8)
Photo0181 (600x800).jpg
vixen_5

Postby CGil on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:46 am

My first tattoo that engrave the sound and shape of love in my skin..
like a kid with a crazy dream.. Soon I'll get another one on my back with the cover of The Future album for celebration of my 20th birthday this year and the album too. It's the album that sets how I feel life and how I never give up on love and mercy...
Attachments
40285_151885148157315_100000074931625_493264_3083945_n.jpg
CGil

Postby lizzytysh on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:09 am

Lovely placement of the tattoo and a lovely photo, as well, CGil. I love your 'description of your tattoo... "the sound and shape of love in my skin.. "
The ENTIRE album cover on your back!?! I love your reasons for your choosing it, though, "how I never give up on love and mercy... "
Welcome to the Forum, CGil :) .
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby Sonia_Music on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm

My daughter in law got a tattoo recently and I wasnt so sure about it, as I think you will regret it when you are my age! Im not that old either! But she went ahead but to my suprise it is a very lovely tattoo.
It is of a flower coloured in but it is very simple and beautiful, I will find ann image for me to upload.
“Compassion is most important for happiness. We must treat fellow human beings as equal. So the innate desire for happiness that is the basis of human rights extends to all sentient beings, including animals and insects.”—His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Sonia_Music

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else