Eric Clapton's Crossroads 2010 on PBS (June 6, 2011)

This section is for all other music-related topics
sturgess66

Eric Clapton's Crossroads 2010 on PBS (June 6, 2011)

Post by sturgess66 »

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton- ... c!+News%29
Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 3 To Air On PBS Great Performances On Monday, 6 June
Published: 4 June 2011

Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck
(Courtesy: PBS / Kevin Mazur 2010)

Two hours of highlights from Eric Clapton's third Crossroads Guitar Festival will air in the U.S. on PBS Stations' Great Performances on Monday, 6 June. Most PBS stations will carry the broadcast at 9PM, WNET-TV (Channel 13) in New York will begin the broadcast at 9:30PM (check local listings). Hosted by Bill Murray, performers include Clapton, Jeff Beck, Steve Winwood, ZZ Top, Buddy Guy, John Mayer, Derek Trucks, Ronnie Wood, Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, Jonny Lang, James Burton, Pino Daniele and more.

On 26 June 2010, Eric Clapton gathered a veritable Who’s Who of the world’s most talented guitar players at the third Crossroads Guitar Festival, an 11-hour celebration of the six-string that attracted a sold-out crowd of more than 27,000 music fans to Chicago’s Toyota Park. All profits from the daylong display of guitar virtuosity benefited The Crossroads Centre in Antigua, a treatment and education facility Clapton founded to help people suffering from chemical dependency.

Clapton notes, “The Crossroads Festival is the realization of a dream for me, to gather a group of amazingly talented musicians to perform on one stage,” and, “The Crossroads performers are all musicians I admire and respect.” Actor-comedian Bill Murray -- host of the second Crossroads Festival in 2007 -- returns as MC, and supplies the festival’s nonmusical highlights with his inimitable style.

The first Crossroads Guitar Festival, in June 2004 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, an unprecedented collection of guitar icons from blues, rock, and contemporary music, aired on Great Performances in December of that year. The two-disc DVD that has since achieved the 10x platinum mark in the United States alone. The Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007, the second such concert by Clapton and also staged at Toyota Park, aired on Great Performances in November 2007, and its DVD was certified 6x platinum. The complete 2010 concert is available on Blu-ray and DVD and released by Rhino Entertainment.

A Parallel 28 Equipe Inc. Production, Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival 3 was directed for television by Martin Atkins. Eric Clapton, Peter Jackson, James Pluta and Scooter Weintraub are producers; John Beug and Michael Eaton are executive producers. For Great Performances, Bill O’Donnell is series producer; and David Horn is executive producer.

SONG LISTING:
“Promise Land” – Sonny Landreth with Eric Clapton
“Going Down” – Pino Daniele, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Randolph & The Family Band
“Waiting for The Bus” – ZZ Top
“Jesus Just Left Chicago” – ZZ Top
“Bright Lights” – Gary Clark, Jr.
“Our Love Is Fading” – Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II & Gary Clark Jr,
“Lay Down Sally” – Vince Gill with Sheryl Crow, Keb’ Mo’, Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh
“Who Did You Think I Was” – John Mayer Trio
“Midnight in Harlem” – Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band
“Space Captain” – Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band with Warren Haynes, David Hidalgo, Cesar Rosas & Chris Stainton
“Five Long Years” – Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang & Ronnie Wood
“Hammerhead” – Jeff Beck
“I Shot the Sheriff” – Eric Clapton
“Had to Cry Today” – Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton
“Voodoo Chile” – Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
“Dear Mr. Fantasy” – Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton

Related Links on whereseric.com:
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010: The Where's Eric! Online Recap
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 Tour Archive Entry
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010 Photo Gallery

Exclusive and additional coverage of the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival can be found in Issue 42 of Where's Eric! Magazine. Learn more here.
bridger15

Re: Eric Clapton's Crossroads 2010 on PBS (June 6, 2011)

Post by bridger15 »

“Our Love Is Fading” – Sheryl Crow with Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II & Gary Clark Jr,
“Lay Down Sally” – Vince Gill with Sheryl Crow, Keb’ Mo’, Albert Lee, James Burton & Earl Klugh
“Who Did You Think I Was” – John Mayer Trio
When I turned on the TV last night, which happened to be last tuned to PBS, this program was already in progress.
So I watched the first two songs with Sheryl Crow and found them enjoyable.
But when the John Mayer Trio started to play, they were so loud and non-musical to my ears, I changed the channel.

Who I really would have liked to see perform were two of the best guitar players in my current world, Bob Metzger and Roscoe Beck.

Sigh...that would have been so nice. I really need a fix.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “Other music”