Green Room videos

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
brightnow

Re: Green Room videos

Post by brightnow »

annmarie wrote:...
Still don't understand the people who spell God as G-D, if Leonard can utter the word..............??? :o
Also just my two cents worth!
Anne
Hi Anne,

Especially for you I am attaching a page from a book by one of those "people who spell God as G-D", enjoy!

Avi
Attachments
Book of Longing, Page 37
Book of Longing, Page 37
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

annmarie wrote:
leonardmtl wrote:Sounds to me like an invasion of privacy...... Green Rooms are cozy corners, insulated from the real world, for quiet moments to collect and sustain momentary peace before the technicolor of performance. Never for gawkers!

Just my two cents!

Leonard from Montreal
That was my first reaction too, but then you see Leonard raising his cup/glass to the camera. Wonder what he was thinking, surely not that it would appear on YouTube!
Still don't understand the people who spell God as G-D, if Leonard can utter the word..............??? :o
Anne
Leonard is always gracious and polite, even when he is caught off guard or annoyed inside!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

leonardmtl wrote:
Leonard is always gracious and polite, even when he is caught off guard or annoyed inside!

Leonard from Montreal
That's a joke, right?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

leonardmtl wrote:Sounds to me like an invasion of privacy......

Leonard from Montreal
No more so surely than the various meetings Forum members have contrived with Leonard, by fair means or foul!! He looks happy enough here.

Thank you, rpan, for the most interesting posts since the concerts ended.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

TipperaryAnn wrote: Thank you, rpan, for the most interesting posts since the concerts ended.
Well! What about the "New Game for 2011" thread?? I'm on the edge of my seat with that one. :razz:
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by annmarie »

scubasam wrote:
annmarie wrote:
leonardmtl wrote:Sounds to me like an invasion of privacy...... Green Rooms are cozy corners, insulated from the real world, for quiet moments to collect and sustain momentary peace before the technicolor of performance. Never for gawkers!

Just my two cents!

Leonard from Montreal
That was my first reaction too, but then you see Leonard raising his cup/glass to the camera. Wonder what he was thinking, surely not that it would appear on YouTube!
Anne
@ Anne, according to Jewish custom, you do not write out G-d's name in full because if you do, that piece of paper becomes holy and cannot be thrown in the trash (there is a specific way 'holy' papers are destroyed). So many of us don't do it, not because we feel it's wrong, but because it has been hammered into our heads from childhood. HTH

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I'm not overly religious, but couldn't help being curious about the many references to G-D. Makes perfect sense.
Anne
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

mnkyface wrote:
Well! What about the "New Game for 2011" thread?? I'm on the edge of my seat with that one. :razz:
Thanks, mnkyface - must check that out; sounds SO exciting! :!: :!: :!:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...

Return to “The World Tour 2010”