CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Slovakia, October 13, 2010

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
LEONKA

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Bratislava, Oct. 13, 2010

Post by LEONKA »

MaryB wrote:
Good catch Gallina! You're so right - those are the best endearing moments!!!!

Leonka - How wonderful for you! Will you tell us your experience, please?

Warmest regards,
Mary
Hello MaryB,

The option to have the signature of Leonard,, was as follows:

First I wrote an e-mail to the agency Vivien, I have a very serious interest in the VIP tickets Leonard Cohen.
I got a reply that it can be.
So, I ordered tickets-binding . Then I have exchanged several times with agency e-mail, where I wrote about another, if I can through them, obtain the signature of Leonard. Not came, long ,answer, so I thought that I have not any chance to get the signature. Only a few days before the concert, I received a very nice message that I have the possibility to obtain the signature of Leonard. I almost jumped 3 meters :shock: :razz: :lol: .
But,it could be, only DVD. With that, I was not satisfied, so I asked if it can be, rather vinyl. Agreed.
But I was advised that Leonard, that it is all on his decision.. So, cared only for Leonard, or will be, so kind as to sign my vinyl.
It was for me, long wait. When, I received the good news that Leonard signed vinyl. My joy was so great
that I was not able to fall asleep. I could not believe it. For the vinyl, I flew as a jet,. :lol: :lol:
When I got into the hands of vinyl, so I viewed it several times, whether it is really Leonard's signature, the signature is Leonard. I am very, very happy.

LEONARD, please, return again to Slovakia. ;-)
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Leonka,
:oops: and a friend will not tell, huh? Dear my navigation, I envy you a bit, but you wish it ;-)
Leonard would not have to just go back to Bratislava, let him return to the stage, and especially those in Europe!
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
gallina

Post by gallina »

gallina's report. Part two:

...the show started and we were the happiest people on the earth. At least I feeled that, but I think many of us are agree with me. We were a big family enjoying our brother, out father, our lover, OUR MAN! It is difficult to say which song I liked more. I enjoyed all of them, I was screaming, I was laughing, I was crying. I was happy and I was sad in the same time.
One of the most touching moments was when, during the third encore, we raised up the banner prepared by Eva with the famous sentence: "Europe is crazy for you, come back soon please."
When he catched sight of it, he visibly went moved. We were just in front of the stage, not more than 3 meters from him. We were looking into his beautiful eyes, we enjoyed his beautiful smiles. There were profoundly moving moments. "And the miracle has come" into Sibamac Arena.
I catched many of his expressions with my little camera, and when I look them through, tears are coming in my eyes. Something is finished in that night...I cry, even it was not my last concert. LV will be much more harder, I'm afraid.
But we have to never give up. He might be back. Why not? Everything could happen. A friend of him said that probably it was his last tour forever. But I think that NO ONE can say in this moment what will be happen in 2012. Neither Leonard.
So dear friends, let him record his new album and than we will see......

Thank you Leonard for these six wonderful nights I was privileged to attend. Thank you UHTC for that magical moments on the stage and for your kindness during our meetings on the road or on facebook. We feel to be your friends, and it means much for us. Thank you again!
And thank you forum people I knew on the road for the unforgettable meetups and for everything we had together. I love all of you.
Szilvia
Last edited by gallina on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
gallina

Post by gallina »

2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Dear Gallina!

Thank you so much for this wounderful photos and it's tru we was the happiest People of the world.This last evening we will never forget.
It was a emotinal moment when I saw the banner with Europe is crazy for you.........I had tears in my eyes.Thank you Eva.
Let's see after his new album and we waiting of new miracle.

Marina
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Leonka!

I'm so happy for your signed Vinyl.

What a wounderful moment for you.

Marina
neo

Post by neo »

Thank you very much for sharing your nice pictures gallina!
gallina

Post by gallina »

That's my pleasure, neo. Glad to share them with you.
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi SuzanneT,
Was the reason why I be silent about it. If I get,buy V.I.P. tickets, as to Bratislava, so it may be a concert elsewhere :roll: . But I'd rather in Bratislava, even though it's probably not likely. :(

Hi Wimmer,

Yes, I'm so happy, how happy are those who personally met with Leonard.
Vinyl I will protect, as eye in my head :D ;-) .
Last edited by LEONKA on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Hi Gallina,

These photos are beautiful :D , and also to continue, coverage. I think if each of the concert, someone wrote a story, it would be to the book.
gallina

Post by gallina »

Thank you Leonka. I'm sorry we didn't chat a little bit, but I think we were too excited, and we concentrated on the concert. Maybe we can meet sometime in Bratislava or in Budapest.

Warm regards: Szilvia :razz: :lol: (you lucky girl)
2009 Budapest

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2015 Viladrau
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Gallina, I LOVE your report and photos :!: :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Susy

Post by Susy »

Dear Marina,
thanks for all your beautiful photos and Videos...
" Ain`t no cure for Love " at the end I love BEST :D

( you will get a PM very soon... Susanne )
Susy
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi all,
thanks for your report Gallina, this is great...!!!!

Leonka,
I hope you not mad at me because what I wrote?! ... I meant it in fun 8) I wish you the signature and dedication that you do not know how;-) ...and next time you give to me, could you have a photo with Leonard! ;-) 8)
As all fans of Europe wants to be here, Leonard returned, perhaps to Bratislava. I just exchanged the audience there in the front row :!: I'd sit there forum members. :idea: :lol:
But here in the Czech Republic, there are much bigger and more pleasant environment than the Sibamac Arena in Bratislava. In Ostrava to play Davis Cup and World Championship women's basketball and performed well there J.M.Jarre. In the beautiful, world-famous spa town Karlovy Vary is a completely new hall for 8,000 spectators ...
Leonard, come to the Czech Republic, we love you here and happy to welcome you here 8) ;-) :idea:

(Susy, I sent you PM...thanks!)

I wish you all happiness...

SuzanneT
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Szilvia,
Thank you for your wonderful report and the beautiful photos. You captured so many with his famous smile - wow!

Leonka,
Appreciate that you took the time to give us your report of how you got his autograph. Thank you!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The World Tour 2010”