Vine for St. Margarethen im Burgenland (Sept 2010)

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
neo

Re: Vine for St. Margarethen im Burgenland (Sept 2010)

Post by neo »

Sorry Tom, I forgot that the recording wasn't made of FLACs...
Thank you for enclosing the extra DVDR. I will pass it on, if the other vine participants won't be afraid of converting the FLACs to audio discs. (it isn't that difficult and I'm sure we could help people how to do it).
As for Wiesbaden (thanks for the kind offer!) I was planning to add it as a secret extra to the vine. Well, it isn't secret anymore now... :roll: but I enjoyed listening to it today that much, that I though it would be a nice surprise for all...
antwerp guy

Post by antwerp guy »

Hi,

I've never participated in a vine before. I would very much like to do so, Tom Sakic's enthousiatic remarks about the show and the recording make me very curious.
Please count me in!

Guy
1979 Antwerpen (Koningin Elisabethzaal) - 1993 Gent (Flanders Expo) - 2008 Brugge (Minnewaterpark), Paris (Olympia), Brussel (Vorst Nationaal) - 2009 Antwerpen (Sportpaleis) - 2010 Las Vegas (Caesars Palace) X 2 - 2012 Gent (Sint-Pietersplein) X 2
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Well, as I sad - first two CD/sets are astonishing, but the 3rd disc/encores you have go through singing of first row with impression that people are singing into you own ear, and at least one guy doesn't have the clue how to sing. Plus, the quarel between crew's cameraman and annoying fan happens during Leonard's recitation of It Be Your Will (!).

I actually listened to neo's copies of show, to check it:) Will be posted tomorrow, along with some extra disc - I have double copies of flacs I have to get rid of from my shelves;P

Listening to Venice August 2009 - that show was mesmerizing and it was supposed to be my last show. Thanks to Ken who messaged me that recording itself is VERY good - indeed, it's almost A quality (Juraj's two Austrian shows we're circulating here are A++).
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

What's the line-up then? I posted discs today to neo (Wien), and he should proceed with the copy for Fried (Muenster)...
neo

Post by neo »

At the moment it looks like this:

Euro: neo - worcingclassfav - Bonn1979 - pe swijngedouw - Maarten - Inge - rvandewiel - antwerp guy

North America: LisaLCFan - mwaldman - Cheshire gal

I have added worcingclassfav next to me, because he lives in my home town and he will pass on the discs to Bonn1979. I hope this is ok for all of you and that I did not mix up Belgium and the Netherlands at the end of the vine. If there is still something to optimize, please let me know...
margaret

Post by margaret »

Could I please be added to the end of the Vine for this one? I'm in the UK.
I gave up serious collecting and swapping after this tour began. There were just so many concerts and little time to even listen to them!
...But when there is a very good recording or an outstanding concert, I have to make an exception!

Margaret
Peter

Post by Peter »

Having been to that great concert at the "place of stone", I would very much like to have a recording of it.

So could you add me, pleeease?

Peter

1974 Hamburg, 1976 Hamburg, 1979 Hannover, Kassel, Hamburg, 1980 Hamburg, 1985 Hamburg, Hannover, 1988 Hannover, Hamburg, Vienna, 2008 Lörrach, Frankfurt, Hamburg, 2009 Berlin, 2010 St. Margarethen, Hannover, ...
neo

Post by neo »

Update:

Euro: neo - worcingclassfav - Bonn1979 - Peter - pe swijngedouw - Maarten - Inge - rvandewiel - antwerp guy - margaret - leonardthecat

North America: LisaLCFan - mwaldman - Cheshire gal

Discs received Oct 12th.
Discs sent Oct. 18th
Last edited by neo on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hi,

So, who will be sending them to me? Neo, will it be you?

Lisa
neo

Post by neo »

For sure Lisa, as soon as I will have received them... :D
(I'll make a second copy of Tom's discs, so we'll have in fact two branches of this vine and this will speed up the process a bit...)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Right on! Thanks! :D
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Ken's artwork, for 3CD box-set in DVD case: http://www.athousandkissesdeep.com/stmargarethen.jpg
neo

Post by neo »

The discs arrived today. Thank you very much tomsakic!
Copies should be ready for being mailed tomorrow.
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

plaese add me to the UK? Euro list. Thanks
Mandy (Leonardthecat)
neo

Post by neo »

Sorry for the delay. Because of fetching an autumn cold I managed to mail the parcels only today. I hope they'll arrive soon.
I don't want to reveal too much about the recording... but LC and Juraj surely didn't come to that "place of stone" to fool us. :D
And I'm sure you'll enjoy listening to Leonard Cohen growl through your stereo as much as I did.
Great that the batteries weren't running low in the cold and everything got recorded so well. (that voice in particular!)

Thank you so much to everyone involved in making this happen and getting this show to us!

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”