LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

(For Immediate Release – February, 05, 2010) – AEG Worldwide today announced that a run of performances by Leonard Cohen have been rescheduled to allow proper time for a sports-related injury sustained by the artist to heal.

While exercising recently, Mr. Cohen suffered a compression injury in his lower back. He has been advised by physicians to follow the typical four to six month regime of physical therapy prescribed for athletes with similar injuries.

“Doctors have confirmed that Mr. Cohen is otherwise in terrific shape, thanks to years of exercise and careful diet, and simply needs appropriate time to recover from the lower back injury,” stated Cohen’s manager, Robert Kory.

The rescheduled dates below will be amended shortly to reflect all thirteen rescheduled dates:

Sept. 15 CAEN ZENITH
Sept. 17 GRENOBLE PALAIS DES SPORTS
Sept. 19 STRASBOURG ZENITH
Sept. 21 MARSEILLE LE DOME
Sept. 23 TOURS PARC DES EXPOSITIONS
Sept. 25 LILLE ZENITH GRAND PALAIS
Oct. 04 KATOWICE SPODEK
Oct. 07 MOSCOW KREMLIN PALACE
Oct. 13 BRATISLAVA SIBAMAC ARENA

Since his return to the stage in May 2008, Mr. Cohen has played 191 sold out shows around the world, headlined the 2009 Coachella Music Festival and was hailed by Spin Magazine as the “Comeback of the Year” for 2009.

On January 30th, Mr Cohen received the 2010 Lifetime Achievement Special Merit Award from the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS) and was honored the following night on the Grammy Awards broadcast.

Media Contacts:

For AEG - David Frossman, AEG Live, david.frossman@aeglive.co.uk / 00 44 207 536 1618

For Leonard Cohen - Ken Sunshine / Tiffany Shipp, Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, shipp@sunshinesachs.com / 001 212-691-2800

-----------------------------------

And a note from Robert Kory:

We appreciate the patience and good will of Leonard's fans all over the world as Leonard heals and we reschedule tour dates. Leonard is healing rapidly and we expect to announce additional dates in Europe for this summer and dates in the far East to be played later in the year.

That said, we ask for a little patience as me modify plans that we had been about to announce. Rescheduling the year will take some time. Most importantly, we anticipate Leonard's 100% recovery because we have been prudent in allowing time for a modest injury to heal and avoiding risk of additional stress that could aggravate the injury and prolong healing. We will announce our new plans as soon as possible.

Robert B. Kory
Marie
Speaking Cohen
bkmccalla

Re: LEONARD COHEN RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJUR

Post by bkmccalla »

thank god it's something from which he will recover.

sorry to all who lost money.
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
sturgess66

Re: LEONARD COHEN RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJUR

Post by sturgess66 »

Thanks MarieM!

Sorry to hear that Leonard's back hurts. :cry:

But I'm glad to hear that he is following doctors' orders - and is going to do the right thing to get all better!!! :lol: :D :D
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Godspeed to a full and healthy recovery.
ladydi

Re: LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

Post by ladydi »

Thank you, thank you, Marie....Jarkko...Robert....and Leonard!

I knew this was coming but I am so thankful for the information!!! lol...how many 75 year old men have "sports-related-injuries"? er, what "sports" my dear? :D

Leonard, please take care of yourself! We love you and only want you to be healthy and happy! lol...this gives me time to pay off a "few" credit cards from 2009 and I am set on "go" for September!!!

Thank you again, Marie!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Exactly, Bonnie. Thank G~d Leonard only needs to endure [and I do mean endure] the p.t. regimen. I hope he knows that the p.t.'s really DO like him... it all too often seems like they don't, after you've clearly told them you CAN'T do it... and they continue to make you do it, anyway. There will be many trying to reschedule their shifts, so they can be there when Leonard is... though, now that I think about it, he's much more likely to have a private one come to his home. OK. So, they'll all be vying for the assignment.

Wishing Leonard G~dspeed in his healing... can't stress enough how crucial it is for him to allow himself that time and take all the time he needs for a full and complete healing. It's got to be so frustrating for him to have to deal with all that!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Thank goodness leonard is looking after himself. looks like a 76th birthday celebration in marseilles
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Ouch! Get well soon Mr. Cohen!
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Leonard did say that he'd been working out but that it was too late... Clearly not! ;-)
All best wishes for a speedy recovery Leonard! 8)
"We are so lightly here"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Marie

Thank you for posting the press release so promptly. I hope certain parties will now understand why it took a while to get out. It can't have been easy getting so many dates rescheduled. We await refund etc arrangements for those of us who cannot make the new dates.

Wendy
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Thank you Marie for keeping us posted.
Wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery to Leonard.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Actually

Post by Actually »

ladydi wrote:how many 75 year old men have "sports-related-injuries"? er, what "sports" my dear? :D
My thoughts, exactly :lol:

Somehow I'm feeling relieved now...
Not that this isn't bad news, but it could be much worse.
Hopefully, he'll feel better soon.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

I WILL BE IN MARSEILLE!!!!! How exciting! My other comments are on the thread I said I would never return to! :roll:
Undertow

Post by Undertow »

Careful diet my left butt cheek! Pot, LSD, smoking, the mans done it all :lol:

Get well soon Leonard, and come back to the UK too please :D
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Appreciate the thanks, but all thanks should be directed to Robert Kory who called me up to make sure I posted this before you all read about it in the media. Jarkko would have done the posting but he has the nerve to be sleeping in the middle of the night in Finland.
Marie
Speaking Cohen

Return to “News”