CONCERT REPORT: Las Vegas, NV, November 12

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
goldstei

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Las Vegas, NV, November 12

Post by goldstei »

i think we may have to establish a special x-rated section of the forum for further postings in this thread!.... :oops: :roll: :lol: ;-)
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, was another great night for my memoirs.

below are four somgs including two of the new songs which Leonard sang back to back.

Suzanne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FoiGGEQxyQ

Gypsy wife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQmReVWy_LY

Feels So Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvHKa1s2oI

The Darkness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--410yY3iHk

enjoy

More to come...

Albert
Last edited by IrishAL on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Thanks again IrishAl! Just wanted to say that for someone like me, who will never get to go to a Leonard Cohen concert, these clips are the next best thing! I never bother to watch anyone else's (I get terribly 'seasick' watching most other people's videos); I google 'albertnoonan' and that's it! :D
"We are so lightly here"
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thank you, Albert! I am so happy that we were at the same show, so that I have your wonderful videos as a memento of an unforgettable evening. I look forward to seeing more, and I shall definitely cherish them forever! Cheers!
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thank you, Albert for all your incredible videos. You really do immortalize all these special moments, such as the green lights (thanks to Mutti) during Suzanne, for us relive over and over again.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
mutti

Post by mutti »

I'm still recovering from getting to bed at 3:30 after the San Jose concert at the Fairmont lobby bar get together which was so much fun. I will write more later but for now will say I am still walking on air and totally blissed out from the 3 days spent with everyone and the whole experience in Las Vegas and San Jose. So many adventures, the concerts, the theater aspect of some of the antics (polka dot blouses).
Did any of you hear Diana in San Jose and the comment she yelled out to Leonard...it was brilliant and knocked me off my seat in front of her.(Hope you are ok I mention this Diana but it was so unexpected and delightful,so awesome). I think it was during I'm your Man?

I also want to let you all know that although the glow stick idea for both concerts was my idea it was not an original one as you know but I thought of Barcelona and Israel and how beautiful it must have been with the lights and I wanted to have these at the concerts for Leonard and the band...
so I wanted to let everyone know that it wasn't just me... I want to acknowledge that 4 other people were a part of providing the glow sticks for all of us and they are Lady Di/Diana, Mary B, Mary/Mollydog and Maarten! I had them shipped directly to the hotel in Las Vegas and then divided them up so we had 250 each night. We gave them to forum members and asked them to pass a few out to people sitting next to them and then we passed them out to people in intermission or before the concert which was a lot of fun doing as they were all so grateful and willing to do it.
This is up there with some of the other memorable highlights of my life and I am so glad to have met so many of you personally....
I hope we get to see each other again at some of the 2010 concerts...more later
Leslie (Mutti) :D 8) :D
Last edited by mutti on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Another video of "Feels So Good" on YouTube uploaded by "canyonlady" - gives a good visual of those guitars across the stage! :D

Feels So Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Prrqh2ai4

That is a lot of green lights Leslie - nice for those shows, but also symbolically as a memory of another show!

So what did Diana yell out in San Jose? :)
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Oh, oh...Leslie let it out! It was actually during "Tower of Song". I turned to Lizzy and whispered "I'm going to do something I've always wanted to do so be prepared". The second time Leonard sang "and I'm crazy for love but I'm not coming on", I merely shouted "oh yes you are!" Any dispute? :D

Explanation...I have NEVER in my life done that before, but somehow San Jose seemed loose, and happy, and celebratory..and I felt good afterwards :D :D

Also, one thing hit me today regarding the green glow sticks. Different song though...

"I lit a thin green candle, to make you jealous of me.
But the room just filled up with mosquitos,
They heard that my body was free."

I have to give credit for the memory jog to my friend Bob Goldstein..glad we did it...and glad there were no mosquitos! ;-)

Diana

ps...during "I'm Your Man" I just quietly held up my hand when Leonard asked "if you want a lover"... ;-)
Last edited by ladydi on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Linda,

I'm Canyonlady on youtube. My feeble attempt is nowhere near the mastery of our esteemed Albert Noonan. Initially I just wanted it for myself but then thought..what the heck, I'll send it out to the universe! Took no photos...just wanted to record one of the new songs...the lighting was to my disadvantage from where I was seated, but the song is awesome!!

Diana
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Just to make clear, the lyrics Diana has quoted above were by Leonard, not me!

I think you said you had e-mails for the band members, Diana--could you provide them to me for the Webb sisters, also their phone number please? :lol: :roll: :D No reason why Leonard gets to have all the fun!

Bob G.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Nice try Bob! Actually, you can sign up for Facebook and request them to be "friends"! They are very accomodating...really :D !
Good luck!
Diana
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

now, that sounds promising! :mrgreen: :lol: :oops:
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

ladydi wrote:Linda,

I'm Canyonlady on youtube. My feeble attempt is nowhere near the mastery of our esteemed Albert Noonan. Initially I just wanted it for myself but then thought..what the heck, I'll send it out to the universe! Took no photos...just wanted to record one of the new songs...the lighting was to my disadvantage from where I was seated, but the song is awesome!!

Diana
Hey canyonlady - I didn't realize it was you. I enjoyed it. As I noted, it gives a visual of the bunch of guitar players spread across the stage. And Roscoe with his monster guitar (double bass) LOL. Glad you uploaded it. :D
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

I was in Vegas. I was on the 2nd Mezzanine (first row), and while the height if I stood made me feel uneasy, the songs eased into magic.

There was a gal on my left who was into the concert. her boyfriend/date wasn't. he kept going to to the bar and getting strong, I mean strong drinks, because I could smell them as he passed by. I felt like swooping that girl as she was bonding with LC's music. lol

I appreciated the new songs, and I'm not sure if they were played during the spring tour, but I didn't recall The Gypsy's wife or Sisters of Mercy. At VEgas, it felt like I heard them for the first time and they were so heart tugging. The next day in sAn Jose I looked for them.

From atop the mezzanine, the green glowsticks looked neat.

We'll always have the music.
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Last edited by donalagata on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”