Waiting for the Miracle with Dino Soldo

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Lilifyre

Waiting for the Miracle with Dino Soldo

Post by Lilifyre »

I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is a recording available of "Waiting for the Miracle" with the current band, especially with Dino Soldo doing his thing on the tenor sax. I was so mesmerized by the seductiveness of that song at the concert in St.Louis. I swear, when Dino played you could see a snake seductively swaying across the stage! I get chills every time I think of it. None of the recordings I've found seem to have Dino playing and the song, while marvelous on every version, isn't quite the same without Dino.

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
seadove

Re: Waiting for the Miracle with Dino Soldo

Post by seadove »

Well maybe It wasn't a snake. Image
astranger

Post by astranger »

Since Dino is in the title, I'll ask this question because I don't know where else to put it. What instrument does he use in songs like Dance Me and Gypsy's Wife; the one that he can make sound like a violin, "the instrument of wind" is the only thing I've called it. Anyone have any information on it?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Marine

Post by Marine »

Jake, I think you're referring to the Akai EWI4000 Electric Woodwind. Here's an interesting article about the instruments played during this tour : http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-5.html
You can also find videos of this instrument on youtube.
astranger

Post by astranger »

Marine wrote:Jake, I think you're referring to the Akai EWI4000 Electric Woodwind. Here's an interesting article about the instruments played during this tour : http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-5.html
You can also find videos of this instrument on youtube.
great, thanks!
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

seadove wrote:Well maybe It wasn't a snake. Image
Oh Seadove, :lol: :roll: LMAO!!!!! Ya know, maybe it wasn't a snake! :idea:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Back to Lili's original question: "Waiting for the Miracle" is not on the two official recordings (Live in London and NPR from the Beacon) but there are bootlegs out there, recorded from the audience.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
seadove

Post by seadove »

brightnow wrote:Back to Lili's original question: "Waiting for the Miracle" is not on the two official recordings (Live in London and NPR from the Beacon) but there are bootlegs out there, recorded from the audience.
I am guessing that Cohen and his organisers winch everytime we use bootleg sources. :(
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

seadove wrote:I am guessing that Cohen and his organisers winch everytime we use bootleg sources. :(
I'm guessing not. They could send take-down notices for the many recordings that are out there on YouTube (many artists do) but they don't. I think they prefer to let the bootlegs float around and help the buzz. Us fans buy the official recordings anyway...
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”