LEONARD COHEN IN FLORIDA (OCTOBER 17-19, 2009)

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lizzytysh

Re: LEONARD COHEN IN FLORIDA (OCTOBER 17-19, 2009)

Post by lizzytysh »

"Still better than 'NO Leonard'"!?! What an understatement, considering your seat! Who CARES how many are behind you... really!?! Even for me, when Tampa was going to be at the Times Forum! Even if it's Row A, when there's a Row AA... I think the doubles would only go to DD, anyway [not sure about all of that, though]. In any case, your seat is primo 8) !
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've just posted this in the Tampa thread.
Well, I can't find what I'm looking for here! SOMEONE said she lives very close to the Ft. Lauderdale venue [2 blocks or 2 miles... one or the other] and I thought that she was going to Ft. L and then to Tampa and then back home to Ft. L... I see that aspect mentioned, but nothing about the proximity to the venue in Ft. L. I've not been able to coordinate with my friend who's coming with me to Ft. L and she's the only one with the cellphone. I don't want to give anyone the number [privately] until I've gotten her permission, even though I'm sure it'll be fine. So, I'm hoping that someone can give me their cell # for Ft. Lauderdale!!! Whoever it was that said they live nearby to the venue ought to have a good idea, too, as to where we might gather, before or after the show... even though I'm not seeing any mention of that anywhere, really.

Can anyone help here? I'm going to post this in the Ft. L thread, too.

Thanks!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Roy

Post by Roy »

I'M GOING TO SEE LEONARD COHEN IN FORT LAUDERDALE! :D

SECTION 4 ROW L SEAT 6 FIRST LEVEL SEATING IN FRONT OF STAGE.

Last edited by Roy on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEONARD COHEN | HALLS OF FAME
The Official Halls of Fame Biographies of Leonard Cohen
http://www.leonardcohenhallsoffame.blogspot.com
Gullivor

Post by Gullivor »

Good for you Roy!

Im looking forward to the Fort Lauderdale concert that I am attending with the most beautiful woman in the world, my Mother.
We’ve all come to
This moment
To find out
Who we are.
Painted colors
Scribed words
Sweetly found.
~Gully~
Tristan Williams

Post by Tristan Williams »

Re - Florida's Phil Rose ... is this the Phil I know from Hull, England the PALS soccer coach? This is Tristan ... and if you are he, I want you to know I'll be at the Ft. Lauderdale concert and I had previously taken my daughter to see Leonard in Concert in Philadelphia, back in May.
RK1984

Post by RK1984 »

I've got a bit of a problem. I have never posted here, and have just found out that the venue changed from the Forum to the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. I have never once received an email, or phone call like the Forum's website stated. I paid 120something dollars for my tickets, and seem to remember will call being the only option available when ordering with the code I found on this site. ----- Does anyone know what I will be doing come monday night? Do I go to TBPAC and find the will call there? Present my ID and credit card to pick up my tickets? I was suppose to be in the ninth row at the forum, where will this put me at the TBPAC? I am assuming on the second level? ---- Any help on this would be great. I am going to try and contact TBPAC tomorrow if I can't get an answer on here from a fellow fan (or on facebook from TBPAC) ...... I have to say I am VERY worried about this only finding out two days before the show the venue has changed, and that I was never notified, and that I dont even have tickets in my hand. The will call thing scares me.

Sorry to ramble. Like I said, real worried. Let me know any suggestions or if you have answers on how the tickets / seats are going to work, let me know.

**EDIT**
I have reviewed my inbox and have no email receipt from ticketmaster showing the purchase of the tickets. I logged into ticketmaster, and it says I currently have now shows scheduled. HOWEVER, I pull my bank statement and it shows a charge to ticketmaster on 8/8/2009 in the amount of $249.20. Which is the two tickets I ordered.

I am horrified that they are not going to let me see the show that I have paid good money to see because ticketmaster has provided no communication. All I have to take over there is my ID, credit card, and bank statement that states "TM-LEONARD COHEN" .......

Thanks!
(post reply here, or email me at desolationrow@tampabay.rr.com )

Ben
(RK1984)
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

OMG Ben!! What a terrible predicament! Have you tried calling TM and telling them what you have discovered, no order in your account, but charged for the tickets? I really would get on the phone with them.
I hope you get this all sorted out.

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
LindaB

Post by LindaB »

Hi Ben,what a mess! What I can tell you is this. In the last month or so, I've been on the phone MANY times with TM and TBPAC and I seem to be no further ahead than you are. Except that I have seat numbers( by phone, nothing in writing!)
The bottom line seems to be that TM reseated everyone and if they didn't hear from you, then they presumed the new seats were acceptable to you. As for mailing the new tickets, that hasn't happened. So, I believe if you turn up at will call with your ID etc, there will be tickets there for you. I hope I'm correct and thats my plan!
Good luck, All this will be behind us on Monday and it will be a wonderful night. I have Faith!
What you practice, you become
Roy

Post by Roy »

Go to the ticket counter at the Arena and talk to them in person. They open at 10 A.M.
Roy

Post by Roy »

The Fort Lauderdale concert was great, but no Democracy.

There were 18,000 people there, maybe more. There were a few empty seats here and there. During the intermission, I went and sat in one the empty seats closest to the back of the stage, which were not offered. I saw Leonard up close walking up the steps to the stage, running actually! :lol: My first Leonard Cohen concert. Three times they made you think the concert was almost over. The biggest response Leonard got was for So Long, Marianne. All the people seated at ground level got up out of their seats and walked up to be closer to the stage, and everyone sang along. Then First We Take Manhatten got everyone clapping to its opening.
Last edited by Roy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Roy

Post by Roy »

How was the Tampa concert? Was it louder than Fort Lauderdale? Did it sell out? Which songs were performed?

Videos of the Fort Lauderdale and Tampa concerts here: http://1heckofaguy.com
RK1984

Post by RK1984 »

I wasn't in Ft. Lauderdale, but I can tell you the sound in TBPAC was amazing! I heard every note of every intsrument, and Cohen's voice was bigger than the venue he played. Amazing show. My first Cohen. Very emotional night. If you aren't moved by his music, then you're dead. Bird on a Wire, So Long Marianne, Suzanne, Famouse Blue Raincoat, Chelse Hotel #2, Sisters of Mercy, Who By Fire?, In My Secret Life, Tower of Song, I'm your Man, The Gypsy's Wife, Hallelujah, recited his Thousand Kisses Deep bit, and there were so many more. He played for three hours.
Inspector Javert

Post by Inspector Javert »

RK1984 wrote:I wasn't in Ft. Lauderdale, but I can tell you the sound in TBPAC was amazing! I heard every note of every intsrument, and Cohen's voice was bigger than the venue he played. Amazing show. My first Cohen. Very emotional night. If you aren't moved by his music, then you're dead. Bird on a Wire, So Long Marianne, Suzanne, Famouse Blue Raincoat, Chelse Hotel #2, Sisters of Mercy, Who By Fire?, In My Secret Life, Tower of Song, I'm your Man, The Gypsy's Wife, Hallelujah, recited his Thousand Kisses Deep bit, and there were so many more. He played for three hours.
I must agree, the sound was the best I've ever heard anywhere. I still feel like I'm there and never want to leave.
Roy

Post by Roy »

Leonard Cohen in Florida Playlist on Youtube

This is all there is so far:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 7C7A47AB0C

Tampa Bay concert attendance: 2590 seats - 2590 people attended
Fort Lauderdale concert attendance: 19,250 seats - 18,000 people attended - the rest of the seats were not offered obviously because they were behind the stage.
Last edited by Roy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy

Post by Roy »

Leonard Cohen, Bank Atlantic Center, Fort Lauderdale, Saturday, October 17, 2009!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”