The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
lizzytysh

Re: The final poster

Post by lizzytysh »

By the way, but a big by the way, Laura... very understandable error with the 250/500 situation. You're in the process of doing the main thing right now... simply getting it corrected 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

PanCogito wrote:Laura –
(sorry Mary that I cut you out).
Thanks,
Roman
No problem - feel free to cut me out anytime - cholera ;-) :lol: ! Glad they found you.

Going over the mosaic for the umpteenth time - Fred is in it twice :D :D :D !
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

Wow, Laura, special kudos for making the impossible possible and reworking the whole poster in such a short time.This is a work of love indeed. Thank you so much again!
And FRED - I noticed him quite quickly when examining the ray of light. Love his central position as a band member - which of course, he has become for us ;-) What a wonderful idea to include him.
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

I have just woke up from after surgery numbness ( I had surgery last Thursday) and my first thought was, go to LeonardCohenForum and see what’s going on and it seems to me that it was just my last chance to be in the mosaic. I am very happy an achy all over now.
Thank you Laura, thank you Mary, thank you Lizzy.

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
Laura

Post by Laura »

lizzytysh wrote:By the way, but a big by the way, Laura... very understandable error with the 250/500 situation.

~ Lizzy

Lizzy, out of curiosity, I just did a little count; there are only 48 photos posted in the mosaic thread out of the 250 I got; so I think you can only understand how a 5th of a red eye can really feel. ;-)

Laura
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

My understanding extends only as far as it needs to in this situation, Laura... trust me on that :shock: ! Everything beyond it is simply extended to you.

Now, wait a minute, though... since I never took an actual count, are you saying that 202 photos were hidden by the band, ray of light, and black background at the bottom!?!?!?!? [Nah... it can't be that... as there are more than 10 in each row, I believe... and more than 5 rows. How many were hidden? Do you have a count on that? Or are you too busy to be counting :lol: ?]

Or that there were 48 people who posted their photos [in the 'mosaic thread'] as the ones they were going to submit for the mosaic? If that, of course I know what you're saying ;-) .
~ Oscar Wilde
Laura

Post by Laura »

lizzytysh wrote: Or that there were 48 people who posted their photos [in the 'mosaic thread'] as the ones they were going to submit for the mosaic? If that, of course I know what you're saying ;-) .

Yes, this is what I was saying.

Laura
mutti

Post by mutti »

Roman I noted you mentioned you just had surgery..hope all is well and the healing is going well..
Mutti :lol:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Mutti, I’m OK and I’m still around..........thanks God

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
Greg Ross

Re: Roman Appears!

Post by Greg Ross »

Ahh! Our dissappearing Pole turns up! How are you mate? Good to read that you are alive and, it seems well and that we will break bread and drink wine next eyar in Krakow!
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Roman ~

I don't know what your surgery was related to, but I'm glad you've come through it okay. Whenever I think of Mary&George, you, and me following that satellite direction-giver, I laugh out loud... even when I started typing this sentence, I did. Looking forward to seeing you, again. Meanwhile, see you on the mosaic 8) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Greg –
For a while I thought that I’m gone for good, well at least my photo was, but I’m back and I’m around, I’ll always be around, around, around. I’ll be back again and again and again. We will break the bread and drink wine in Krakow and much much more.

Greetings,

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Lizzy –
Yes, I remember that circling around sleeping Denver looking for the open bar. My surgery was not brain or heart related and I’m through but the way to recovery is painful and not short. I’ll be fine and I hope to see you again even if on the mosaic for now.

Warm wishes,

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

G'day Roman

yes indeed my friend, we will live life in Krakow! Meanwhiel your use of the word 'again' several times, reminded me of one of my favourite songs - I saw these guys in Perth back in the early 1990s, they were just bloody magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1bHaUk1CM

Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Greg –
Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Chris Kristofferson and Waylon Jennings) are my favorite people and I listen to the song Highwayman again and again and again.

“I fly a starship across the universe devides,
And when I reach the other side,
I will find the place to rest my spirit if I can,
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again,
OR MAY I SIMPLY BE A SINGLE DROP OF RAIN
BUT I WILL REMAIN
I’LL BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN”

Greetings,

Roman
kind regards -דרישת שלום

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”