Only registered members are able to post!!!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
George.Wright

Masquarade Ball

Post by George.Wright »

The people who need to hide who they are remind me of the masque dances of old where everyone was like a half face of Michael Mires (Halloween).
People should learn to be themselves and show their true identitys.
It's jokers and idiots that usually hide behind the comfort of a mask!
Georges
Kush

Post by Kush »

BlueNote & Lizzytysh,
I guess these are your pseudonyms..not your real names. I myself don't have a problem with pseudonyms and perhaps you shouldnt either. :wink:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Kush,

I do know what you're saying with that. My take on it is the continuity/accountability issue vs. always-changing pseudonyms, i.e. "anonymity." I can be reached by email if I'm out of line.

For example, you always post under "Kush" and Paula always posts under "Paula." Lizzytysh is actually a nickname that I've been called in my life and a legitimate one for my real name. I don't feel it's necessary for a female to facilitate over the Internet, their being contacted by phone. However, be that as it may, my real name is still available elsewhere [per requirement], with my nickname as well, for a "direct connect" as to who I am.

So, I still have my original issues with pseudonyms. I'll let Blue Note give her own reasoning; however, she did make it clear when she posted under another pseudonym. I long ago took the challenge, as well as the fire that came with it. :wink: :lol:

Yes, Blue Note, Leonard was well-named and has served his name well. :)

All good things, Kush,
Lizzytysh
Linda

Post by Linda »

I really can't see the problem with someone putting something funny on the board under another name. If there is something out of line, I think it is a good idea tha Jarkko is able to go to the source of where it is coming from and handle it. We are all adults. I don't post under any other name than my own but have no problem with others doing so. I don't approve of certain words but don't insist they not be used on here. I can handle it! But will certainly at different times comment about it.
Linda
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've looked back at Jarkko's original Post, which says,

"recently we have had too many postings from 'Guests'
who obviously want to hide their identity. This has resulted
in a quite negative tone in some threads."

Going by this and this only, it appears perhaps a case of some ruining it for others/the rest. Humour is great. It's the negative tone of it that creates a problem. He later Posted with some specifics of what generated his decision. I'm guessing that everyone being adults wasn't sufficient to prevent this problem from initially occurring, so he exercised some control in maintaining the integrity of his site.

All good things,
Lizzytysh
Kush

Post by Kush »

Sorry......I didnt read the fine print and subtleties of pseudonyms vs. changing pseudonyms etc etc. No big deal to me...I don't have any strong feelings one way or other really.

I wish you all good things too, Lizzytysh. I only wish Mr. Ed 'ridiculous things' in the hope of fermenting that active imagination into producung many more gems for us to enjoy.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Kush, I was laughing, too, as I read about Mr. Ed's trip to the store. I particularly loved the blackened offerings for his guests. He could've given 'em to me....I love burned hot dogs. I've always asked that mine stay with the fire until they get that way. Marshmallows, too....though I rarely eat either, anymore.

I think his imagination will remain fertile, no matter what :D, but I did know what you mean. Quite sure he did, too. He's probably working on another as we speak. Perhaps his prose could go in the poetry section without question.

The multiple pseudonyms was my interpretation of Jarkko's post.....of course, I've been wrong before. :wink: The example he later gave didn't necessarily seem to be about that, but rather the nature of the content.

All good things,
Lizzytysh

Return to “News”