"My Life with Leonard Cohen" goes down

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
lightning

"My Life with Leonard Cohen" goes down

Post by lightning »

As of Nov. 3 Ann Diamond took her long often pointless defamatory story about Leonard down off the internet with another similar story about a recent close encounter in Montreal. It seems his friends have made her a bit ashamed of herself and she writes to justify her actions.
We applaud her for letting go of her hostility, are sorry that we cannot live in a world of total equality, man to man, woman to man ,writer to writer, and grieve for anyone wounded by unrequited love. but c'est la vie.
Read all about it at: http://anndiamond.blog-city.com/read/335913.htm
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Lightning ~

Thanks for posting this. I didn't go to read the first one. I did go to read this one. I like the humour that Ann uses. However, if she was as delusional about Leonard, as she appears to be about Bill's mental/emotional state [revolving around her and Leonard], which I'd like to chalk off to humour [however, given the repetition of theme..... :? ], then I again have to question the validity of her original writing. It's interesting that she claims she doesn't want to shame Bill, whom she never had much more than telephone time with, yet she certainly appeared to have no qualms about trying to shame Leonard.

Why would she even question the sign being up at the Zen Centre? She still can't seem to resist digs with Leonard, either...."embalmed" more specific than "at peace" :roll: ? "Glancing around rather nervously, as if he believed someone might be waiting for him outside in the street"? Interesting the spin she puts on things. She considers Bill having spread "false, extremely damaging gossip." Did she read her own piece on Leonard by any chance? Granted, I'm going by reliable reports about its content when I say this; however, looking at the way she presents things here, it's not too difficult to question her credibility. Does she really fancy herself powerful enough to disturb Leonard's tranquility? Only if she's truly the stalker, that some have apparently considered her to truly be.

I see the crossing as symbolic, but not in the fashion she does. I see her as the proverbial witch, having always been at a cross/roads with Leonard, going other directions, and doing little more than crossing his path, and considering it significant. You said it, Lightning....."unrequited love," and as I said long ago, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

~ Elizabeth
Tchocolatl

The troll was angry, I mean, hungry again

Post by Tchocolatl »

This is not exactly what I call a coincidence, to sit in a park in front of LC's house (Montreal has many many parks and other nice places to do so on the Main), then, to watch the window so closely to notice that someone was moving, very discretely behind the curtains. And finally to pass juuuuuuust in front of the car and to look LC straight in the eyes to be shure he would see her.

What a chance. They who are saying that we are doing our own chance are right. No witch craft here, She-Bear-Lizzy-my-dear, just an hungry troll stroling around.

I have this strange feeling about that woman, like someone who said "I don't want to disturb LC's life" and in the same time holds a sing "LC is a f* b*".

A kind of "red shoes case" : An irresistible appeal to dance a dance of, may I say death? Is this too strong?

Anyway. My conclusion : Do not feel the troll.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yep, Tchocolatl ~ thanks for picking up the details I left out.....I loved your perfect spelling of "just" :lol: . I wasn't really giving her credit for indulging in witchcraft, of course......just for being the proverbial witch-on-a-Halloween-broom [they look pretty troll-ish]. I think the troll image ~ period ~ is more appropriate. I think you also meant don't "feed" the troll, right? Exactly, given how quickly and subtly one might adjust/move the curtains, one would have to stay pretty fixed on the window to catch it, particularly as it seemed that it "appeared" empty. You're familiar with Montreal, whereas I'm not. I agree that it's a tad more than coincidence for her to plop herself down on a bench, in front of his house, yet behind a bush, and suddenly find the urge to get up and resume her walk.....say, maybe, when she heard the engine start? She sounds pretty bizarre to me, too.

~ She-Bear-Lizzy :wink:
Vesuvius

Post by Vesuvius »

Ciao Lizzytysh!

But wouldn't you like to stalk Leonard? I know you would!

Vesuvius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Geez, Vesuvius ~

Did you have a position you were wanting to fill? I'm really sorry, but I'm just not the type. I have all I can do to go to work, get my housework done, e-mails written, feed my animals, and get things into the mail. From all I've heard and read, stalking seems to require a lot more time and energy than I've got :D . However, you might have some luck if you post a notice on http://www.worldjobs.com.

As a matter of fact, I was in Montreal approximately 15 years ago. The extent of my stalking inclinations was to go into a record store and ask if they had anything new by him. Someone suggested a couple years ago that if I go to Montreal, I should go to his house. When I nixed that, they said, "At least go to the Zen Centre next door." I wasn't really even comfortable with that......feeling like I'd be 'a tourist in your temple.'

Something about the spoils of such activity that would inherently be tarnished, a result of the process. If I have any karmic stalking to work out, I think I'll just save it till next lifetime. Thank you for asking, though :wink: .

~ Lizzytysh :D
~ Ciao ~
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

Oh, Liz, you would have looked so cute in black, creeping about and peering into windows and such. SO much more fun than the respectable and productive life you describe.

But, I don't think you can stalk someone from a 3500 mile distance.
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, I know, Jeannie......and black [and white ~ separately] is one of my favourite colours. But I can't afford plane fares, and by the time my bus arrived he'd have gone. The logistics would be a nightmare. But, yes, it does have a certain flair doesn't it.....as video games improve hand-eye coordination, it would certainly improve eye-foot. Ask Ann, seems she's gotten it down, though she may have to own up to ear-foot on that one. A guess, perhaps, for her 'final' coup; but I guess she must feel she at least went out in style. My business card might have a thin graphic of an elongated, stretched, face-down woman in black, beneath it in bold, beautiful print "La Stalker Supreme," and beneath that, in smaller, non-bold italics, "If I can get there in time."

~ Lizzy
jeannieb

Post by jeannieb »

Well, Lizzy, if we win the lottery, we might consider stalking our Leonard, for a week or two, just for a lark.

I must admit to never having read the offending Annie at all. And now that it is gone, I suppose I never will. Unbiased as I am, I have no need to read negative personal stuff about LC, and I am sure it would piss me off to boot.

Now, if it was trashy and sexy I might seek it out just for a hoot.
"...and for something like a second, I was cured, and my heart was at ease."
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Heck, yeah, Jeannie......maybe we could give this Ann-babe some serious competition :lol: Maybe we could invest in a Lear, and I could change my business card to "Always on time ~ a stalker you can rely on" With two of us, we'll have to be careful we don't get taken as ordinary, ol' paparazzi, though :( . Instead of the Drill Team, we'll be The Stalker Team. Maybe we'll be a first. Isn't it usually a singular activity?

I had no interest in her original story, either. However, I relented with this one, on the basis that she had opted to remove her first. I notice that she still thinks he 'looks good,' trim and all, in his brown suit. She just can't make up her mind, whether to say good or bad things about him, following peaceful with that embalmed bit.

If we win the lottery, I truly think we oughta just go ahead and offer to cover the costs of his next production, no strings attached. Then, we can take off around the world, meet all these people from cyberspace, and explore their lands. On our way back, we can offer to take Leonard, with his crew and family, to dinner. If he doesn't go for that, we can just go ahead and stalk him. Backs up against the wall and peering around corners....maybe we'll run into Ann out there, and then see who's the best fiction writer :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Tchocolatl ~

When you speak of a red shoes case, are you referring to a fable, or of the visual of red shoes? Your reference rings a bell, but I'm not sure how.

~ Lizzy
CT

Post by CT »

Hi, lizzytysh.

The Red Shoes is a fairytale by Hans Christian Anderson. At least one movie and play have been based on it. In a nutshell, the girl who danced in the red shoes was unable to stop dancing.

I've seen it as a reference elsewhere, such as the erotic series "Red Shoes Diaries" from Showtime. Where I work, we have "red shoes" Thursdays, although we are able to take them off at the end of the day. :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, CT! That's why it sounded familiar, though I've never read it :( . It sounds like a great fairytale, and quite an appropriate use of it that Tchocolatl made. Dang. It sounds like you work at a fun place! We have "dress-down Fridays," but that has nowhere near the flair and colour that a "red shoes Thursday" would have 8) .
CT

Post by CT »

I work with kids, so the walls are full of primary colors. Harry Potter is a hot topic, although my crew tends more toward Spongebob Squarepants. I really wanted to be a square sponge for Halloween, but I went with the classic cat.

At least think red shoes this Thursday. You can be with us in spirit.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi CT ~

That I can do! It sounds like you're not from the U.S., as here it's Thanksgiving, with no school of any kind ~ unless some home-schoolers refuse to let their kids take the day off :roll: What a wonderful, bright environment for you and the kids. Have some of the kids gotten their own red shoes to join in? Yeah, if I dress up, I tend to fall back on the traditional gypsy for Halloween. I've never heard of Spongebob Squarepants :? . Must be rather hot, though, if you were tempted to do Halloween as him :D .

~ Lizzy

Return to “News”