Seattle Tickets

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cartesian

Re: Seattle Tickets

Post by cartesian »

I'd love to organize a meet up before the show. I'm new to the city though and couldn't recommend a good spot. But we should certainly get something together closer to the show time
mmmHmmm

Post by mmmHmmm »

Get together:
I was thinking of something casual before the show, food/drinks.
The first thing that comes to mind is the Pyramid Alehouse, because it's so close to the show, but I don't know if they allow minors. The idea of paking the car once for a gathering and the will call line and show sounds good to me, but I don't think there are that many options on foot. I'm sure there are some sports fans reading this who know all of the local options....

Why don't people just list some ideas here and we can finalize plans closer to the show date when we know how much interest there is.

I am not a sports person - can somebody who knows these things check to make sure there aren't any stadium events the same night?
David
awpdx

Post by awpdx »

There is a late afternoon Mariner's baseball game that same day. Starts a little before 4pm. Don't know how that will fit into the mess...
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thats good to know..means if it lets out 3hours or more later it will definitely affect parking for WAMU which starts at 8...
I would recommend getting to WAMU parking lot early..it may be full from the Mariners' game already.
anyone else know what time the mariners' games get out usually if they start at 4?
it can be a zoo down there when there is a game.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Manaia

Post by Manaia »

Most baseball games go from 2-3 hours. There is a renewed interest in the Mariners this season as Griffey Jr is back with the team.

The Silver Cloud is literally on the doorstep of the WAMU theatre entrance, so you will be safe there. Other areas of Pioneer Square can be iffy at night.

For a meeting place, I would think the Pyramid Alehouse will be quite full with sportstypes and noisy..plus their prices are somewhat high.
danf

Post by danf »

We are parking over in Winslow and taking the ferry over. But I would be up for a meet up!
Detour

Post by Detour »

Just a suggestion - http://www.pikebrewing.com The Pike Pub is north up the street from the venue and since it is a restaurant in addition to pub & brewery they allow minors. You can reserve large tables in advance, or if no minors are present sit at the bar. They make my favorite beer there, a very smooth Scottish Ale called Kilt Lifter. There is paid parking near the pub and it's one short bus ride down the street to the venue. Bus stop is right outside the pub. My husband and I will be staying in a downtown hotel and we always go here before (and sometimes after) shows in Seattle so I had to suggest it. Their website says if you eat dinner there they validate parking, but since we're not from Seattle and we always stay in downtown hotels and bus around the city I don't know how that works.
thequarry

Post by thequarry »

Gotta say I'm a little surprised that folks think The Moore is in a questionable part of town. I've never had a second thought walking down from a night up on the hill... and those nights have been late ones. I guess it depends on what cities we're making comparisons to, but I have found Seattle to be one of the safest cities I've set foot in.

True, there would be a trek to the venue. Or a pretty cheap cab. The attached bar, as previously mentioned, is one of the last standing remnants of a time gone by. It's a little on the trashier side, but then I'm drawn to that sort of thing.

As for the alleyways... well, I've met few alleyways without a story.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

section C (center orchestra) Row 23, Seat 1 - Would you like to sit here?

I had good luck with the public sale and now have 1 extra presale ticket to find a good home for... It's section C (center orchestra) Row 23, Seat 1, right on the aisle. If anyone is interested, please respond here or send me a message. It will be at my cost, plus whatever silly charges TM tacked on. ($121.05 total) I'll be staying right across the street, so it would be easy to meet at will call. Hope someone can use it!

Also "mutti" posted 1 ticket for sale on the tickets for sale thread and her ticket is just two rows behind my extra ticket - so if you're looking for two tickets, that might work well for you.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Manaia

Post by Manaia »

There is a lot of insanity in Seattle at the moment. Their has been a spike in crime, particularly in the Belltown/Pioneer Square area. The danger level here is not the same as most other major US or foreign cities as Seattle is a fairly white city and does not share the same disparity of race as most inner cities around the globe.
BSANDERS

Post by BSANDERS »

My advice to out of towners. Stay wherever* & forget walking to the show - plan on taking a cab. Let's face it, it's Seattle and it will probably be raining ;)

(*And you might as well stay downtown near the market or thereabouts, so you CAN walk around to places during the day. The burbs of Seattle are yucky & just as generic as everywhere else.)
thequarry

Post by thequarry »

Manaia wrote:There is a lot of insanity in Seattle at the moment. Their has been a spike in crime, particularly in the Belltown/Pioneer Square area. The danger level here is not the same as most other major US or foreign cities as Seattle is a fairly white city and does not share the same disparity of race as most inner cities around the globe.
I live in Portland and our demographics are very, very similar to Seattle's. Increases in crime are a natural happening during economic downturns of course, but I can't say that I'm seeing anything I'd characterize as insanity. I run a social services agency, so I'm keyed into changes pretty decently because it's my bread and butter. I still hold to the opinion that Seattle and Portland are very safe cities. There are issues everywhere no matter where you are - though our issues out this way fail to register as even a blip on the screen in this country. I don't think anyone should think twice about staying in Belltown or thereabouts.
mmmHmmm

Post by mmmHmmm »

Well, I found out where a bunch of the good seats went.
If you search now for general tickets, it will appear sold out.
If you search for the VIP tickets, you will still get good seats for $550.
If you look in Ticketmaster's "Marketplace" there are dozens of the best seats in the house for sale - for between $300 and $1200 each! There are some more in the $160-300 range if some of you feel stiffed by your current $99 tickets....
ARGHH! Ticketmaster doesn't cease to make me angry!
David

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”