Seattle Tickets

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
watermandala

Re: Seattle Tickets

Post by watermandala »

KaimiK wrote:I was able to get orchestra, center, row 23. But a few minutes later there was a seat just off center in row 8! In retrospect, I wish I'd bought that one too, then just found someone who needed a ticket at will call. Anywhere will be amazing though, I'm beyond thrilled just to be going. I'm still checking now and then to see what else pops up.
That was probably one of two seats I briefly had in row 8 of section D. If anyone has them now, I want them back!!! ;-)

I got in first thing, pulled up these great tickets, then had a problem with logging in to my Ticketmaster account when I attempted to complete the order. Sadly, you know the rest of the story. I may try again during the Amex presale on Friday. Can someone please comment on the acoustics of the WAMU Theater?

Perhaps the REAL reason this happened was the impending announcement of an additional date in Portland (it doesn't hurt to dream). After looking at the tour schedule again, it only seems right that the tour buses stop in Portland on the way up to Vancouver after the concert in Oakland. Either the Schnitzer or Keller Auditorium would be the perfect venue.

M
danf

Post by danf »

Well it seems like his tour schedule allows for plenty of rest, which, given the length of the shows, and his age, makes sense.

I will be bitter if Portland is added. . . .
danf

Post by danf »

A question for you locals... Can you recommend any good hotels not too far away from Wamu?

You might like the Moore. It would be one busride to the north, not too far.

http://www.moorehotel.com/
awpdx

Post by awpdx »

Arlene Schnitzer Hall would be perfect. I think it's the only venue that Leonard has ever played in here. Speaking of Portland, if anybody needs gas money, I could use a ride! haha.
thequarry

Post by thequarry »

I would agree re: the last post. I live in Portland (fingers crossed that he schedules here, too) and all my stays in Seattle involve The Moore. It's simple, has nice access to everything downtown and the folks there are always cool. We're planning on staying with friends the night of the show, but staying at The Moore the rest of the weekend. I used to live in Seattle and when friends would come to visit, I'd always direct them that way.
ellis_jeff

Post by ellis_jeff »

RE: Hotels. There is a Silver Cloud that's a block away. It's very nice. The Ace is my fave hipster hotel. It's probably 2 miles away. Hotel 1000 is a new high end place, probably aobut a mile away.
bmarchello

Post by bmarchello »

Hey Kaimik

I got sec B row 23 seats 15 and 16. Are we sitting next to each other?
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

bmarchello wrote:Hey Kaimik

Is 16 on the aisle? If so, then yes - I'd be right across the aisle from you in section C. I hope all the people in rows 1-22 are abnormally short! :lol:
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
BSANDERS

Post by BSANDERS »

So how small is the WaMu? (Floor area like the Moore? The Paramount?)I had to go for the cheap seats and I am way back in the terrace area.
bmarchello

Post by bmarchello »

KaimiK wrote:
bmarchello wrote:Hey Kaimik

Is 16 on the aisle? If so, then yes - I'd be right across the aisle from you in section C. I hope all the people in rows 1-22 are abnormally short! :lol:
Agreed LOL!!! I am not sure if 16 is on the aisle or not but that is way cool. My wife is mad that the show is on a thursday because she would have to take two days off to go. We live in Cannon Beach but LC is well worth it. I think when it comes to show time she will not let me give her ticket away and will go.
missPDX

Post by missPDX »

Casey wrote:
missPDX wrote:God . It s killing me to hear how well so many of you did. I should have known to try again and again for better seats. I was online immediately and got row 26 section B. I just felt lucky to be in at all. Now I am very sad to hear that the floor is flat.
If I were to find better seats after already purchasing the first 2, would they even take my CC??
The floor is flat, but the stage is pretty high. Seems like all the good presale tix are gone, but you can always try the general sale as soon as it opens.

I am learning to be at peace with my own mediocre ticket (2 rows behind you in B). For a lot of shows that I've been to I have found that the energy and attitude of the people around me are more important than my proximity to the stage (unless I'm in nosebleed that is). I have been in the front row center at the Dead and Dead-family shows, and while it was interesting to see the wrinkles in the musicians' faces, the ambivalence of the trustafarians next to me was not helpful in my enjoyment. I have had a much better time 30 rows back when I was lucky enough to be surrounded by true fans dancing and singing and everything (we may not be doing that for LC). But it looks like the true fans will be scattered all over for LC.

Thanks...You are right. Totally right. Part of the joy for me will be being surrounded by people who are just as excited as I am, I just know I'm gonna cry. Girl can't help it. That really can help make or break the experience. When I saw my first and only U2 concert I was lucky enough to be surrounded by fans in ecstasy, they were crying, hugging and dancing and it was the greatest energy in the world. So exciting, like a religious revival. Just magic. In contrast; I bought a scalped ticket up close to see Paul McCartney and was asked numerous times to stop dancing and sit down. WTF?
TheGhost1

Post by TheGhost1 »

Interesting. I was all ready at 10:00am Wednesday morning with my password and credit card waiting. Logged on and bought 2 best available seats and thought I was good to go. My seats are in section AA, row 6. I realize I bought the cheapest seats but the total came to 170 dollars for the pair. Now I'm hearing other people getting way better seats for $99?? I would have paid the extra had I known. Anyway, has anybody sat in section AA before? Do I have some of the worst seats in the house like I fear? In any event, I'm just glad to be in the building. Cheers!
mutti

Post by mutti »

Same thing happened to me 'quarry'. Exact same thing...what seat are you in in A row 9?
I also got a $99 seat there and tried for a higher price ticket which it never ever showed me and this seems like such a good seat for less..I am glad..
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
mutti

Post by mutti »

I think I wrote a reply to 'quarry' on the wrong post..same thing happened to me...exactly..what seats do you have in A row 9?
I tried to get a higher price seat but it would never happen and then this one came up for me in A row 9 for $99 and I am now glad I didn't spend more.
Seems like a great seat to me..
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
thequarry

Post by thequarry »

mutti wrote:I think I wrote a reply to 'quarry' on the wrong post..same thing happened to me...exactly..what seats do you have in A row 9?
I tried to get a higher price seat but it would never happen and then this one came up for me in A row 9 for $99 and I am now glad I didn't spend more.
Seems like a great seat to me..
We're in seats 9 and 10. I'm thrilled with it. Side seats aren't always the best -- but who the hell am I to complain about being 9 rows away from Cohen, right? What seats did you end up with?

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”