Seattle Tickets

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
martingrossman

Seattle Tickets

Post by martingrossman »

When will they be available on presale?
Martin Grossman
da2008

Re: Seattle Tickets

Post by da2008 »

danf

Post by danf »

Just got mine. . .Row 12 in the Terrace, which felt like it was a better place to be than back, on the floor, since the floor is flat.

I am less than happy. . .it seems like not ALL the tickets were made available, but hey, I am glad to have them in my grubby hands, or a least the receipt for them.
danf

Post by danf »

Just wondering if any others here got Seattle Tix. . . .
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I was able to get orchestra, center, row 23. But a few minutes later there was a seat just off center in row 8! In retrospect, I wish I'd bought that one too, then just found someone who needed a ticket at will call. Anywhere will be amazing though, I'm beyond thrilled just to be going. I'm still checking now and then to see what else pops up.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
awpdx

Post by awpdx »

I got a ticket! Section C, Row 10 - which to my surprise was only $165 ($190 with TM nincompoopery charges). Was hoping for a Portland show, but this will work...
danf

Post by danf »

I passed on the floor ones, because they were way back, and the floor is not sloped. I'll get a good pair of binoculars before going up there. We are going to visit a friend on Bainbridge, parking over there and walking onto the boat, then walking to the WAMU.

What price level did you pay for yours? Mine ere the $99 ones, and are 12 rows up in the bleachers. . .
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Row 10? That's fantastic! I was quick as could be and ended up center in row 23. If you'd like to swap, just let me know - I think the view might be better back here! ;-)
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Casey

Post by Casey »

I made the mistake of buying the first ticket I could get, which was section B row 28. None of the $165 tickets were available at the time, but about 10 minutes later one was! Go figure. That's OK though, mine was in the $99 group.

I thought about going back and buying a second ticket, then selling my extra at cost, but I was concerned that multiple pre-sale purchases (even though they were 1 ticket each) would invalidate both my sales, as I have heard happen before.

I have had bad experiences with ticketmaster the few times I have used them. Last summer I bought a "best available" presale ticket, then I checked the tickets again weeks later during regular sale and I could have gotten one like 20 rows closer for the same price. They are constantly releasing better seats. I know that when regular sale begins there will be seats available that are better than our presale seats. But then it would be a matter of getting them before they sold out.

Anyway, the bottom line is: hate TM, love LC!

I can't wait for the show and hope to meet up with other fans from this site!
awpdx

Post by awpdx »

Yeah, my first couple of attempts came up with some crappy seats way back in the Orchestra. Then an 8th row in Section B came up and I went to buy it, but accidentally hit the wrong button and lost them. I was about to start crying, but then the Section C Row 10 seat came up and all was good in the world again. I only bought a single ticket, so don't know if that had an advantage over trying for two.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

awpdx wrote:only $165 ($190 with TM nincompoopery charges)
Nincompoopery charges - perfect :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love it!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
missPDX

Post by missPDX »

God . It s killing me to hear how well so many of you did. I should have known to try again and again for better seats. I was online immediately and got row 26 section B. I just felt lucky to be in at all. Now I am very sad to hear that the floor is flat.
If I were to find better seats after already purchasing the first 2, would they even take my CC??
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

A question for you locals... Can you recommend any good hotels not too far away from Wamu? My wonderful hubby will be staying with our toddler at the hotel while I get to go to the show, so it should be a nice place, very safe... what a guy, he's my man! (I didn't think 2 year olds and sippy cups would be too conducive to preserving the mood at an LC show- though it couldn't be any worse than the guy in the row right behind us at a Sting concert that peed all over the floor...) :roll:
Casey

Post by Casey »

missPDX wrote:God . It s killing me to hear how well so many of you did. I should have known to try again and again for better seats. I was online immediately and got row 26 section B. I just felt lucky to be in at all. Now I am very sad to hear that the floor is flat.
If I were to find better seats after already purchasing the first 2, would they even take my CC??
The floor is flat, but the stage is pretty high. Seems like all the good presale tix are gone, but you can always try the general sale as soon as it opens.

I am learning to be at peace with my own mediocre ticket (2 rows behind you in B). For a lot of shows that I've been to I have found that the energy and attitude of the people around me are more important than my proximity to the stage (unless I'm in nosebleed that is). I have been in the front row center at the Dead and Dead-family shows, and while it was interesting to see the wrinkles in the musicians' faces, the ambivalence of the trustafarians next to me was not helpful in my enjoyment. I have had a much better time 30 rows back when I was lucky enough to be surrounded by true fans dancing and singing and everything (we may not be doing that for LC). But it looks like the true fans will be scattered all over for LC.
thequarry

Post by thequarry »

I ended up in Section A, Row 9. Somehow the tickets were just $99... I never could get a single ticket in a higher price range so I'm curious why a floor ticket, row 9, was so cheap. Initial tries found me in Rows 30-32 in Section B.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”