Ticket prices!

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
substance

Ticket prices!

Post by substance »

ummm, out of curiosity, does anyone else out here feel like they're being RAPED by Ticketmaster?
CA $99.50 - CA $549.00 for Cohen tickets! I understand this is his final tour, but regardless of the event, TICKETMASTER prices are absolutely ridiculous!
Especially in the economic state we're in...
needless to say, I will be attending, I'm just totally pissed off that I have to pay $100 for a nose bleed! That's all.
substance.
Yeats

Re: Disgusting Ticket prices!

Post by Yeats »

I have to agree...somewhat.
For example, I wouldn't pay $100 (plus some $12 service charge) for the lowest price at the upcoming Hamilton show. I went there to see Bob Dylan last summer (lowest price being 50 something) and felt down that I had to look a pizza pizza advertisements around the arena.
I would not want to see Mr. Cohen and pizza pizza ads in the same room.
However! If the venue was, say, Massey Hall! Well, t'would all be different!
substance

Post by substance »

I agree with you 100% and that's the venue I am talking about! Because he hasn't announced a Toronto show as of yet, I'm traveling to Hamilton to see him and Copps is a terrible venue, especially for Cohen! But if he were to make a come back to Massey Hall, I would even pay $150 for the worst seat... not to give anyone any ideas!
And speaking of PizzaPizza, BestBuy have a presale for Cohen as well! This makes me sad. :cry:
substance.
Yeats

Post by Yeats »

The other closest option is Kingston, eh? But its going to be a similar venue...I wonder if the prices are the same (didn't see it on the ticket-master site). Well, I'm going to hold out, hoping for another Toronto show in the future. That, or the ol' homeland of Montreal.
johnstownflood

Post by johnstownflood »

substance wrote:ummm, out of curiosity, does anyone else out here feel like they're being RAPED by Ticketmaster?
CA $99.50 - CA $549.00 for Cohen tickets! I understand this is his final tour, but regardless of the event, TICKETMASTER prices are absolutely ridiculous!
Especially in the economic state we're in...
needless to say, I will be attending, I'm just totally pissed off that I have to pay $100 for a nose bleed! That's all.
As evil as Ticketmaster is, it has nothing to do with setting prices. If you're upset with Cohen's ticket prices, the fault lies in Cohen and his management. Ticketmaster gets a cut, yes, but it's in those so-called "convenience" charges.
Cate

Post by Cate »

substance wrote:ummm, out of curiosity, does anyone else out here feel like they're being RAPED by Ticketmaster?
Not really, no but I suppose you meant ripped off. Again I would say no.

I'm going to Kingston (knock on wood) and very excited to be going there. I love Kingston, it's such a beautiful city. Any excuse to spend a weekend is fantastic so when I saw it was a tour location I was overjoyed and immediately booked a room. The k-rock centre is only a year old - I've never seen anything there but I know when they built it they wanted it to be a performance centre as well as sports place. I have to admit that I hope there's no Pizza Pizza signs but I'm not sure I'd notice after the first 5 min.
Irish22

Post by Irish22 »

In Ottawa the best seats are $689 EACH..that will be over $700 with surcharges.. that is totally outrageous!! I love Leonard Cohen but no one is worth that much..not even Leonard..The longer the tour gets the more they seem to be charging. Sad.
I guess I will be watching the concert on DVD.
Give me back my broken night ....
da2008

Post by da2008 »

I'd only feel ripped off if I don't get tickets. As long as I do - I'm fine. They are expensive, but that's the choice we're making...
Cate

Post by Cate »

Irish22 wrote:In Ottawa the best seats are $689 EACH..that will be over $700 with surcharges.. that is totally outrageous!! I love Leonard Cohen but no one is worth that much..not even Leonard..The longer the tour gets the more they seem to be charging. Sad.
I guess I will be watching the concert on DVD.
I don't see any prices listed yet - maybe i'm not looking it the right place but are you sure it was ticket master you were looking at and not a scalper company or maybe those were the VIP seats.
I have to admit I'd only be willing to pay the VIP price if the VIP seat was on his lap - well I'm a modern women he could sit on mine.
Maybe check again @ 10:00
Irish22

Post by Irish22 »

Yes I am absolutely sure I am on the Ticketmaster site and these prices are the regular Ticketmaster prices ...not SCALPER prices.. I can't imagine what they will be charging for a $700 ticket !

Find Leonard Cohen on the Ticketmaster.ca site and then click on ticket prices box in the top right corner..
Irish22

Post by Irish22 »

I don't need to sit on his lap..but if he wants $700 to enjoy his company , he should at least take me out to dinner first.. ;-)
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Irish22 wrote:I don't need to sit on his lap..but if he wants $700 to enjoy his company , he should at least take me out to dinner first.. ;-)
no, he shouldn't ;-)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I guess the highest prices are for a very limited number of special VIP tickets with some extras (we have similar arrangements in Finland for business people who want to invite their most important clients).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Cate

Post by Cate »

I of course wouldn't really sit on Mr. Cohen's lap, I was just just excited.

I do wonder what the VIP tickets are though - quite a price difference.
Kingston was $150 by the way, I had expected to pay more.
captrenault

Post by captrenault »

Ticketmaster slammed again over early sale of Leonard Cohen tickets
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2009/02/25 ... cohen.html

I picked up two seats in this presale (thanks, Jarkko!) for a hundred bucks a pop. (Yeah, Copps is a lousy venue, but I just have to be there.) Still -- to think that some poor saps paid a grand for the same thing...
Toronto, June 17/93; Toronto, May 13/06; Toronto, June 1/07; Hamilton, June 3/08; Montreal June 23/08; Montreal June 24/08; Hamilton, May 19/09, London, Dec. 11/12, Hamilton, Apr. 9/13; Irving Layton's 85th birthday party.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”