29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Brookeebrownell

29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Post by Brookeebrownell »

Hello Everyone!!!

Is anyone planning on attending this concert? If so, I would love to meet up with any and all L. Cohen fans before or after the show. I realize tickets have not yet gone on sale so no one can be sure of their attending or not BUT I assure myself, to prevent break down, that I will be attending. I am beyond ecstatic to have the chance to see him. Never thought it would happen. Sooooo if anyone is planning on attending let me know and perhaps we can share this day, in part, together!!!
MaryB

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Post by MaryB »

Welcome Brookeebrownell to the Forum!

I so hope you get tickets for the show in Boston! With luck, someone will arrange a pre or post concert meetup so you get a chance to connect with fellow Cohenites :D !

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Welcome aboard!

I will be at the Wang and also hope there will be a meet up either before or after the concert.

I just came back from the NYC concert and next to the show itself, one of the best parts was the meet-up after the show at PD O'Hurleys. Great opportunity to get to meet the folks whose posts we have been reading!. Thats how I met MaryB who posted just before me!

Leonard from Montreal.....same name...same town...no golden voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Brookeebrownell

Post by Brookeebrownell »

Thank you all for welcoming me to this forum!!

leonardmtl,
Should WE plan a get together???????

=)
showin1990

Post by showin1990 »

Had the most amazing experience seeing Leonard in NYC. He is nothing less than you could ever imagine. I, too, am hoping to get tickets to Boston concert. Trying to talk my husband into going. It will be my second show!
PS: Nice to meet you Leonard in Montreal!!!
Joanna
Please keep posting if you plan a get together! Also, is there a telephone number for Telecharge since the website doesn't show L.Cohen? Should we just try through the website on Wed? Anyone know how it will work?
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Joanna,
Could we please hear the story of how you met LC in Montreal?
Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Joanna - I don't think telecharge works for presales. Usually, presales are online only...
showin1990

Post by showin1990 »

Let me be clear: I didn't meet THE Leonard Cohen.
I met Leonard, a guy from the Forum, from Montreal.
A bunch of us from the Forum met up at a bar after the Beacon show in NYC. I said I would be wearing a certain hat, so people would know who I was, and then I met a super nice guy, Leonard, and a girl, "Box of Rain", also from the Forum. It was nice to be around people who share the same appreciations for Mr. Cohen.
That's the story in a nutshell. Only if I could have met the real Leonard (no offense Leonard from Montreal!).
showin1990

Post by showin1990 »

Actually, I spoke with a lady from Telecharge today who said I could get tickets over the phone on Wed. We'll see!!! If not, I'll try the computer. Gracias!
da2008

Post by da2008 »

showin1990 wrote:Actually, I spoke with a lady from Telecharge today who said I could get tickets over the phone on Wed. We'll see!!! If not, I'll try the computer. Gracias!
That would be great, actually! I've tried this a few times before and all I got was "This event is not on sale yet...." GOOD LUCK!!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

showin1990 wrote:Let me be clear: I didn't meet THE Leonard Cohen.
A bunch of us from the Forum met up at a bar after the Beacon show in NYC. I said I would be wearing a certain hat, so people would know who I was, and then I met a super nice guy, Leonard, and a girl, "Box of Rain", also from the Forum. It was nice to be around people who share the same appreciations for Mr. Cohen.
That's the story in a nutshell. Only if I could have met the real Leonard (no offense Leonard from Montreal!).
Thank you Joanna. You're right. It was so special to meet other LC fans and especially forum posters. Hope you do get to meet the man himself someday! (double no offense leonardmtl :) )
Best regards,
Mary
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

MaryB wrote:
showin1990 wrote:Let me be clear: I didn't meet THE Leonard Cohen.
Thank you Joanna. You're right. It was so special to meet other LC fans and especially forum posters. Hope you do get to meet the man himself someday! (double no offense leonardmtl :) )
Best regards,
Mary
Mary/Joanne, I am definitely doublely not offended......can't be all bad to be called a "supernice guy" And, of course, the compliment is deservedly returned to both of you.

FYI I met Leonard (the real one!) after a show at Sir George Williams College in Montreal in 1967. He sang perched on a bar stool before a "crowd" of about 40 people. Paying his dues after a return from Hydra.

I was at McGill Law School in Montreal at the time. There were a tightknit group of four important local poets then: LC, FR Scott, my law professor,( LC put his poem Villanelle to music on Dear Heather) Louis Dudek, my history professor at McGill and Irving Layton, a poet extraordinaire and somewhat the leader. They hung out together and "did" poetry. LC complained that he couldn't make a living as a writer/poet, although he had published "Beautiful Losers" at this time, so he headed for Nashville to try to make a living as a songwriter ( having connected with Judy Collins on "Suzanne"). Along the way was the famous detour in NYC at the Chesea Hotel...and you know the rest of the story!

Hope all get tickets on Wednesday, and then a great meet-up!!

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no golden voice
Last edited by leonardmtl on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

Brookeebrownell wrote:Thank you all for welcoming me to this forum!!

leonardmtl,
Should WE plan a get together???????

=)
Brookee....

Getting together after the show would be great......nobody wanted to leave Hurleys in NYC well after 1 AM....

Mary, Joanne....any chance we will see you in Boston?

Lets see who will be with us and try to pick a venue that is nearby, It will be Saturday night so we will have to do some thinking about the size of the group and where we all will fit!

Good luck Wednesday.

Leonard from Montreal....same name...same town...no Golden Voice

Django

Post by Django »

Hey everyone.

Student here, I've got classes until around 3ish, are my chances of getting tickets tomorrow slim? Should I try to get a friend to do it?
Hoping I can get some here, tried to make the NYC show and could not get tickets. I'm a pretty big Cohen fan.
Stargirl

Post by Stargirl »

Hi there. I am new to this forum. I will be trying to get tickets in a few hours. I don't spose any of you are awake now? How do I get a member # between now and 10AM EST? What do I need to have in order to purchase tickets in a few hours?
Thanks. And where do I go?

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”