female backing singers

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
maxbeagle

female backing singers

Post by maxbeagle »

does anyone know the complete list of female backing singers on all leonards albums
phil maxfield
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: female backing singers

Post by jarkko »

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Jarkko,
A more comprehensive list can be found on Tom's LC pages:
http://www.leonardcohencroatia.com/discography.php

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been looking for the names of Leonard's early backup singers for years and could never find them. I still see them in my mind's eye; they were always beautiful. I knew that Jenny Warnes (a goddess) was one of them, but I remember many more. Just didn't know their names. I am totally surprised, however, to see that Laura Brannigan (another goddess) was one of his backup singers. What a shame her untimely death... Thank you Jarkko for this list. :D
Ron

Return to “Comments & Questions”