The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bridger15

Re: The NA Tour & Presale SCALPING

Post by bridger15 »

Tickets for Los Angeles, April 10 are already being scalped on the internet.
The pre-sale date is March 7. Where did they get the seats from already?
What is the benefit of the Forum's Password and Pre-Sale system?

http://www.concertticketcenter.com/Resu ... nard+Cohen
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
celestespace

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Post by celestespace »

How is it even remotely possible that people are scalping tickets already. It's truly disgusting behavior. As it is, this whole thing has gotten so out of hand and i personally don't believe that Leonard would be happy at all.
blwolcha

Re: The NA Tour & Presale SCALPING

Post by blwolcha »

bridger15 wrote:Tickets for Los Angeles, April 10 are already being scalped on the internet.
The pre-sale date is March 7. Where did they get the seats from already?
What is the benefit of the Forum's Password and Pre-Sale system?

http://www.concertticketcenter.com/Resu ... nard+Cohen
I've been wondering myself if these brokers can pull some kind of trick by "pre-selling" the ticket and then using your credit card info to make the purchase. See my comment/question here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13526#p154828
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The scalpers do not have any tickets at all. They hope to buy tickets when the presale or public sale begins, and if they are lucky, they deliver the ticket information to their clients. However, the tickets will be WILL CALL only, so the clients will loose their money as they don't get the tickets from the box office!
We have plenty of threads about this in the sections dedicated to the previous legs of the tour.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jarkko wrote:The scalpers do not have any tickets at all. They hope to buy tickets when the presale or public sale begins, and if they are lucky, they deliver the ticket information to their clients. However, the tickets will be WILL CALL only, so the clients will loose their money as they don't get the tickets from the box office!
We have plenty of threads about this in the sections dedicated to the previous legs of the tour.
Thank you, Jarkko. You do an exceptional job running this wonderful Forum. We all appreciate your tremendous efforts!

nussgalles

Post by nussgalles »

please help me out here. i'm trying to figure out how to get tickets to either san diego or los angeles and am new to the site. a fan of leonard cohen since the 1970s - still have the much-played and loved albums. how do i find out when the presale is and how to buy tickets. i appreciate other members' patience and would be ecstatic to get this info - and moreso to get tickets to either city.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

see the very first message on page 1 of this thread.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

jarkko wrote:The scalpers do not have any tickets at all. They hope to buy tickets when the presale or public sale begins, and if they are lucky, they deliver the ticket information to their clients. However, the tickets will be WILL CALL only, so the clients will loose their money as they don't get the tickets from the box office!
Thank you so much Jarkko! Hopefully, this WILL CALL only will take care of all the problems forum members have encountered. Sure sounds like it will. Thank you again for all you do!
Warmest regards,
Mary
(P.S. What happened to the name tag idea for the VIP and post-concert meetup? Missed out on meeting a large number of forum members - can be a little awkward going around asking names and handles just to find certain people. There were so many people I just wanted to thank for their wonderful contributions to the forum and never got a chance to do it :cry: )
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
John K.

Post by John K. »

MaryB wrote:
Thank you so much Jarkko! Hopefully, this WILL CALL only will take care of all the problems forum members have encountered. Sure sounds like it will. Thank you again for all you do!
Warmest regards,
Mary
(P.S. What happened to the name tag idea for the VIP and post-concert meetup? Missed out on meeting a large number of forum members - can be a little awkward going around asking names and handles just to find certain people. There were so many people I just wanted to thank for their wonderful contributions to the forum and never got a chance to do it :cry: )
Hi Mary - I hope the trip back to Columbus was smooth. Say hello to Jack Hanna for me and the Kloberklan.

John K.
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
showin1990

Post by showin1990 »

COuld someone explain what cities will be on the sale dates for 'B' and 'C'?
I keep reading and rereading, but I can't quite understand what date to look for the cities other than the ones listed under Group 'A'.
Thank you for any help,
Jo
courtwin

Post by courtwin »

I've just recently registered on this site and I'm wondering if that automatically makes me a member and therefore eligible for the pre-sale ticket buy?
wheels

Post by wheels »

showin1990 wrote:COuld someone explain what cities will be on the sale dates for 'B' and 'C'?
I keep reading and rereading, but I can't quite understand what date to look for the cities other than the ones listed under Group 'A'.
Thank you for any help,
Jo
On page 1 of this very thread, it tells us the 3 different pre-sale dates at the beginning of the thread, A,B and C (as you know).

It then lists each city, and under each city, you will find "ticket option...(A,B or C)". So hopefully a city near you is on the list.

Finally it lists which ticket supplying monopoly is supplying tickets for that date.

Although I am sad that this time around, he appears to be playing at huge arenas instead of the intimate venues of the earlier tour, I am grateful he is making it to Vancouver.

I haven't read thru all the threads, was there any indication from our hard working moderator as to whether they held any of the really primo seats for the fan presale?

Good luck everyone.

Curt
bridger15

Re: The NA Tour & Presale dates A,B,C

Post by bridger15 »

There are only two cities with a "C" date which is later than all the rest, New York and my LOS ANGELES. The "C" city dates are out of chronological sequence to the dates of the concerts. So, I can only conclude this is "a plot" to keep me as nervous as possible waiting longer for the Pre-sale date.

Any thoughts why only these two cities have a later Pre-sale date?

TepaChosang

Post by TepaChosang »

I was told by the Long Center here in Austin, that if I made a donation and became a "Member" of the Long Center , I could purchase tickets early (the 25th), but now this forum is saying that I can purchase them even earlier. Are blocks of tickets reserved for Forum members?

Thanks
swansong

Post by swansong »

:?: Feeling elated about the pre-sale.....checked out Ticketmaster to make sure we have all our ducks in a row to be ready for the pre-sale for Calgary, Alberta or Edmonton, Alberta, April 25 and 26. NEITHER of them are listed at Ticketmaster. Other dates are up there, but Edmonton and Calgary are missing. YIKES! Now what? Thankyou so much Jarkko for all of your help with this forum and site. What would we all do without your dedication? We've been awaiting Leonard's return since we saw him in Calgary the last time he was in Alberta and now our daughter is the next generation of devotees. She was probably concieved to Leonard's music, come to think of it! Any word on Ticketmaster not having those dates in their data bank?

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”