CONCERT REPORT: Gothenburg, October 12

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

CONCERT REPORT: Gothenburg, October 12

Post by jarkko »

Links to Swedish newspapers provided by Anne Riise:

Göteborgs-Posten
http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=220&a=451257

GT Expressen:
http://www.gt.se/nyheter/2.1616/1.13312 ... avslutning
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Anneri

Re: Gothenburg October 12

Post by Anneri »

More links from the Gothenburg gig:

http://www.rockfoto.net/artists/Leonard ... otos/64402
http://www.digital-rights.net/?p=1839
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=2198&a=839376

Anne R

My master took me travelling:
Oslo 1976, 1979,1985 (twice), 1988, 1993
Manchester June 20, Oslo July 1, Copenhagen July 5, Amsterdam July 12, Helsinki Oct. 10
1976 Oslo| 1979 Oslo |1985 Oslo x 2 |1988 Oslo | 1993 Oslo | 2008 Manchester, Oslo, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Helsinki | 2009 New York, Langesund, Barcelona | 2010 Oslo, Helsinki, Las Vegas x 2 | 2012 Helsinki | 2013 Oslo
MarianneP

Post by MarianneP »

I was to the consert last night and it was a wonderful, magic evening. Compared with Sofiero (july) he was playing the guitar more this time and he was singing The Partisan , Avalanche and Famous Blue Raincoat and of course many other songs . I hope that someone someone will post the setlist I never wrote it down .

love, Marianne
Bea

Post by Bea »

I was on the consert yesterday what can i say it was magic , i fell like i am still there .
Thank you Mr Cohen
Wish you the best :)
orjan

Post by orjan »

Here is finaly the Gothenburg oct. 12 setlist:
First set

Dance me to the end of love
The Future
Ain't no cure for love
Bird on the wire
Everybody knows
In my secret life
Who by fire
Heart with no Companion
Hey, that's no way to say good bye
Anthem

Second set

Tower of song
Avalanche
Suzanne
Gypsy wife
The Partisan
Boogie Street
Hallelujah
Democracy
I'm your man
Take this waltz

Encores

So long, Marianne
First we take Manhattan
Famous Blue Raincoat
If it be your will
Closing time
I tried to leave you
Whither thou goest

Kind regards Örjan Hjorth
http://www.myspace.com/orjanhjorth
MarianneP

Post by MarianneP »

Thank you Örjan.

Hälsningar Marianne
Bemagnus

Post by Bemagnus »

This is the first time I post anything here and also the first time I attended a concert by Leonard Cohen. The concert was such a strong, both musical and enotional experience that I felt a need to express it here. We had the best seats possible, front row in the centre - a placing that made the experience an even greater one. First of all the sound was the best I ever heard on a concert-chrystalclear and full of nuances. The band were of course great - but they also seemed to genuinely enjoy the situation. The Webb sisters plain lovely - wonderful singing and some very funny dancing as well. Sharon Robinsons voice also wondruous- ecspecially in my secret life and Boggie street were she-to my surprise sang the entirely song solo with Leonard filling in here and there.

And then Leonard Cohen himself who seemed almost impossible energetic for his age. The concert lasted for nearly 3 and half hour,27 songs altogether and not in one song did he seem to lack focus and evrey word he sang went through. He also changed and played with some of the lyrics wich put the whole thing in touch with his age. For instance the line in Marianne"I used to think I was some kind of gypsy boy" was followed by a deep, quick laughter. Like"did I reallly write those line, were I that young". The concert were filled with moments like that. There were also a mix between the deeply serious and sometimes very funny sides of life that I almost never witnessed on a concert before. Another great moment from I am your man"I wear a mask for you". He lifted his hat and like a magic the mask were gone - he showed his face. There were so many highlights in the show that it is har to mention one before the other but the Partisan were extremely well executed and sang and got a thunderous reaction from the audience. In the end of the show while the Webb sisters sang Itt l be your will after leaonards reciting the firts verse there were a silence among the audience that you almost could hear.
I am very happy to experience Leonard Cohen at a, late carreer peak peak that this tour without doubt is. I witnessed a poet sharing his inner feeling with the word and I congratulate all of you who still waiting to see him.
Citizen_Kane

Post by Citizen_Kane »

Great to see Avalanche appear more frequently :D !! Hope he plays it in Brussels or Rotterdam!
2008: Manchester, Brussels (2), Rotterdam - 2009: Lisboa - 2010: Lille, Dortmund - 2012: Ghent (3), Amsterdam (2) - 2013: Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam!
Susanne_Stockholm

Post by Susanne_Stockholm »

I'm going to the Stockholm-concert tomorrow. Maybe I will see some of you there ? :D (And I think I'll ruin myself on the tour merchandise ha ha ). Must have some of those t-shirts...

Susanne

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”