CONCERT REPORTS: Halifax, NS (May 12, 13, 15, 16, and 17)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
k-e-t

Re: Five Concerts in Halifax (May 12 to 17)

Post by k-e-t »

I think being humble and gracious is just in his character, regardless of his level of fame or the admiration he's received. It's just him.

I am reminded of Leonard's Note To The Reader, which I love:
In any case, I thank you for your interest in this odd collection of jazz riffs, pop-art jokes, religious kitsch and muffled prayer -- an interest which indicates, to my thinking, a rather reckless, though very touching, generosity on your part.

Beautiful Losers was written outside, on a table set among the rocks, weeds and daisies, behind my house on Hydra, an island in the Aegean Sea. I lived there many years ago. It was a blazing hot summer. I never covered my head. What you have in your hands is more of a sunstroke than a book.

Dear Reader, please forgive me if I have wasted your time.

(I'll also throw out there that humility, politeness and generally being unassuming are typical Canadian traits. :P)
KimSolez

Re: Halifax (five concerts, May 12 to 17)

Post by KimSolez »

Posted for Madalyn Baer as part of her birthday celebration.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN       
HATS OFF TO MR. LEONARD COHEN!!!
It was no empty laud as declared in the WHO "poem" that was published in the 2006 Berlin program.
The future is not murder after all. It is not a cold or a broken Hallelujah, either. No, our love is still
VAST and we really do care for music: your music!!!!!

We were not present at the Berlin gathering of LC's friends and fans. We did travel to Halifax, NS this
Spring to see him perform on stage at The Rebecca Cohn Theater.

He was wearing his hat, and if we had been wearing our hats they would have been OFF for Mr. Cohen.
He IS magnificent.
Oh and YES, we were very satisfied!!!!! THANKS, Mr. Cohen, for all your beautiful music.

Madalyn Baer, OHIO

Madalyn Baer
St. Anthony Messenger Press
1-800-488-0488 ext. 215

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”