CONCERT REPORT: Amsterdam (July 12)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mister Y

Re: Amsterdam, Westerpark, July 12

Post by Mister Y »

Dirk wrote:
Mister Y wrote:... see you in Amsterdam ! Thanks everybody for the Tour/Ticket-Info ...

Greetings from Bochum, Germany!
You'll go there too? Intersting! Me, a firend and I are going to the Amsterdam Concert as well, and we are from Bochum, too!
Probaby there will be a lot of Germans from the "Deep West" in Amsterdam ...

... btw, the Westergasfabriek looks like "Industriekultur" ... ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tintagel22/2280411928/

mikes

Post by mikes »

Hello. I have just bought 2 tickets to the Weterpark performance in Amsterdam which looks like the easiest place for me to get in Europe. Could anyone familiar with the place give some hints such as the time to get there before the show, sitting arrangements etc. Thanks Mike
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Mister Y wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Mister Y wrote:... see you in Amsterdam ! Thanks everybody for the Tour/Ticket-Info ...

Greetings from Bochum, Germany!
You'll go there too? Intersting! Me, a firend and I are going to the Amsterdam Concert as well, and we are from Bochum, too!
Probaby there will be a lot of Germans from the "Deep West" in Amsterdam ...

... btw, the Westergasfabriek looks like "Industriekultur" ... ;)

Maybe there are more people from the deep west... The area looks nice, it reminds me on the Jahrhundertpark in Bochum!
Mister Y

Post by Mister Y »

Dirk wrote: Maybe there are more people from the deep west... The area looks nice, it reminds me on the Jahrhundertpark in Bochum!
Exactly ! Leonard Cohen should play at Jahrhunderthalle in Bochum ! I could go there by bike :) "Amphitheater Gelsenkirchen" would be a good choice, too! These former industrial parks are nice venues !
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

Mister Y wrote:
Dirk wrote: Maybe there are more people from the deep west... The area looks nice, it reminds me on the Jahrhundertpark in Bochum!
Exactly ! Leonard Cohen should play at Jahrhunderthalle in Bochum ! I could go there by bike :) "Amphitheater Gelsenkirchen" would be a good choice, too! These former industrial parks are nice venues !
I can go to Jahrhunderthalle by foot. Gelsenkirchens Amphitheatre is nice as well. But seriously, maybe he's performing there in the frame of the Ruhrtriennale! That would be fantastic!
ways_of_escape

Post by ways_of_escape »

mm i don't get it... :shock:

all the amsterdam tickets are the same price, because it's all standing?
so actually, there's no difference between the tickets, and the ones who'll get first to the venue will be the closest to the stage?

correct me if i'm wrong..

and - does anybody have an idea how many tickets do they have left?
"And those who ernestly are lost? Ah, they're lost and lost again"
Mister Y

Post by Mister Y »

ways_of_escape wrote: all the amsterdam tickets are the same price, because it's all standing?
so actually, there's no difference between the tickets, and the ones who'll get first to the venue will be the closest to the stage?
That's it. These are general admission tickets. I suppose it's an open air concert ("Cultuurpark Westergasfabriek" is an area, not a building) - so there will be a lot of tickets available.
Machiavelli

Post by Machiavelli »

Finally, i've got my ticket!
drsing

Post by drsing »

Mister Y wrote:
ways_of_escape wrote: all the amsterdam tickets are the same price, because it's all standing?
That's it. These are general admission tickets. I suppose it's an open air concert ("Cultuurpark Westergasfabriek" is an area, not a building) - so there will be a lot of tickets available.
For more information about July 12 Amsterdam look also at this Dutch website and the FAQ's:

:roll: http://www.liveatwesterpark.nl/ :roll:

( I can help you to translate from Dutch into English.) :shock:
Tickets still available at this moment (April 7)
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
kejko

Post by kejko »

Hi,

Don't know if this is still of very much use to samjerram or anybody else, but I just checked and it seems the Amsterdam concert is not yet sold out( I'm Dutch but my tickets are for the Nice concert!). Anyway, here's the necessary vocabulary:
Rang 1= First rank (not first row! I don't really see what they mean here, since all places semme to be at the same price and there's no seats anyway); Excl. Servicekosten = reservation/postage costs not included ; Normaal = normal (as opposed to:) ; Verzekerd = with cancellation insurance ; Rolstoelplaats = place for wheelchair ; (boeken via 0900-3001250 45 cpm) = for reservations dial phone number... , cost: 45 cents/minute (that's not from abroad, I guess!). International access number to Holland is 0031. (You probably mustn't dial the first 0 in 0900). Good luck!
sheilamckenzie

Post by sheilamckenzie »

Although there are no seats provided can anyone tell me if it is accepatable to take along folding seats to this concert. Or will there be sufficient space to sit on the grass with a rug?........As with many L.C. fans we have reached the age where standing for a full concert plays havoc with the arthritis!
loulou

Post by loulou »

Sheila,
I had a look at the FAQ and i think it says that you can't take chairs but you can take a picnic blanket (but I don't properly speak dutch, just german & english, so I might have not gotten that spot on) - would a dutch speaker be so kind to check that please :?:
desire the horse
depression the cart
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Loulou (and Sheila),

You are right: chairs are forbidden, but you can bring picnic-blankets along. Disabled persons can mail to infowesterpark@mojo.nl if they want to bring a chair or so... Perhaps being "very very old" is a good reason for bringing a chair aswell...? You can always try mailing them...

A Dutch-speaking Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
rega3

Post by rega3 »

Hi All,

Will be visiting Amsterdam for the first time to see Leonard in concert.

He has recently just played three nights in Dublin, but unfortunately my wife felt unwell, so we had to leave early, so rectified the situation by deciding to go to Amsterdam instead!

Looking forward to it immensely.

R
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Hi, Folks. A question to those who know Westerpark. Taking into account 'getting a good spot' etc., how early do I need to arrive at Westerpark - several hours earlier or just in time for the show? I'm keen to visit a gallery/museum or two on the same day, but making the most of the LC experience comes first.
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”