Nancy & Me

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:33 pm

So, she was the rumoured "unnamed John Simon's current girlfriend who sung the vocals" :roll: :wink:
Thanks, Jim, once more.
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:34 pm

Tom Sakic wrote:So, she was the rumoured "unnamed John Simon's current girlfriend who sung the vocals" :roll: :wink:
Thanks, Jim, once more.
My pleasure, Tom. :)
The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:36 pm

Anyhow, if you'll be the first to put the hands on her CD reissue, let me know :wink:
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:54 pm

Tom Sakic wrote:Anyhow, if you'll be the first to put the hands on her CD reissue, let me know :wink:
I'm expecting delivery 2 weeks today, Tom.

The lion and the calf shall lie down together, but the calf won't get much sleep.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:02 pm

What a great photo~! Let us know how it sounds [I'm sure you will, but just in case...] :D .

~ Lizzy
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:18 pm

Oh, is it CD re-release? (this one seems like vinyl). If it's CD, let me know when it arrives :wink:
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:50 pm

Tom, the photo of the original vinyl edition above is simply something I found through a Google image search.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:35 pm

Of course :lol:
Kjelling

Postby Kjelling » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:55 am

It's wonderful to finally have a name to this sexy voice! Thank you, Jim.
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:01 am

My pleasure, kjelling. It hasn't arrived yet; but I believe the release date - in the U.K., at least - is tomorrow.
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:34 pm

I no doubt bored people with this subject long ago, but I can't resist sharing my exasperation. The said Priddy album still hasn't arrived, having been re-ordered from the distributors 5 or 6 times. I can accept that the album has a near-mythological status, but I'd prefer it to have the more prosaic status of being inside my cd player.
Jim Williams

Postby Jim Williams » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:27 am

I've finally received the album and an intriguing little thing it is. When I first heard it I couldn't help but picture one of those barely silhouetted hippy-chicks dancing badly at a party in one of those dodgy 60s movies with titles like Bad Trip or Kinky Haired Chick Goes Ape-Shit Crazy in Monterey, etc. But I recommend it. It captures well the attempts at the time to fuse folk and jazz, pop and psychedelia. And the featured booklet quotes John Simon's remarks about his desire to arrange Cohen's first album with female voices in mind, rather than horns. Definitely worth a listen.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:33 am

That all sounds very intrigueing, Jim :) . I laughed when I read your description, as I remember some albums sounding very much like that. In fact, some of those I recently bought at the Used CD/DVD/Record Store for $1/each appeared [from looking at and reading the album covers and sleeves, with never having heard of the people or the album] that they might sound very much the same as some I remember, and certainly your description :lol: . I'm looking forward to getting my stereo back, so I can find out what's what with them. That's a great comment regarding Cohen to have in print on yours.

~ Lizzy
Jim Williams

.wma files to those who'd like them

Postby Jim Williams » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:01 pm

I'm happy to send the album to anyone (in the form of .wma files).
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:43 pm

That puts me out of the running, Jim ~ since I have no clue what a "wma" file is... can you download it onto a blank cd directly from the computer? That's about as close as my understanding gets to it :roll: .

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”