So tell me, do you...

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
lightasabreeze

Re: So tell me, do you...

Post by lightasabreeze »

OK you guys. In answer to the original question and the moves, how many will own up to wearing the hat as well while doing the movements, and getting it right when to remove it. If so I guess removing it in the right places would go without saying.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holydove

Post by holydove »

I haven't done this kind of thing in a long time, but I have vivid memories of this: after I saw Leonard live in 1970, when I was 17, I used to stand in front of a full-length mirror, with either my real guitar or, if that wasn't available, a make-believe guitar, in my arms, & I would sing his songs, while trying to pose my body the exact way I remembered seeing Leonard standing during the concert - with the little stoop & one foot turned in a little bit. (That was long before I knew that Leonard used to practice his songs in front of a full-length mirror).
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

I'm new to this forum and just came across this area and it is absolutely hilarious. Yes to all those antics. The most embarrassing moment for me was when I was in my 'sing along with Leonard' mode, iPod playing, walking along frustrated at not being able to sing like I did in the car. I was going to work and thought I had the perfect moment when I stepped into one of the empty college elevators. Acoustics being good, I, of course, began to sing (not loudly) and bobbing to the beat and was so into it that I didn't realize the elevator had stopped and the doors opened onto my 'performance'. LOL I looked at the smiles of the people standing there and just shrugged my shoulders and smiled. Then it was off down an empty hall that allowed humming and the occasional word. Boy, once you are hooked, you are hooked. LOL
Last edited by BarbM on Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hey, welcome, Barb! I've also been "caught" blissfully grooving to Leonard on my iPod, numerous times, and I love the smiles I get from people! It's as if a bit of my exuberance and happiness has rubbed off on them, and I like to think that their day is brightened as a result. (Or, maybe they just think I'm nuts, but either way, I brought smiles to their faces!) :D
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

Hi Lisa ... so glad to hear you do this too. Isn't it wonderful to love something enough to set the mood like this. Wish I'd have know about Leonard Cohen years sooner.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”