Whats your favourite Leonard Cohen's song?

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
1000-kissesdeep

Re: Whats your favourite Leonard Cohen's song?

Post by 1000-kissesdeep »

LOL the one im listening to ... indeed!!! So hard to choose a favourite... my favourite poem is a thousand kisses deep. Songs top of the list would be:
Aint no way to say Goodbye, Anthem, Dance me to the end of love... and Who by Fire (i ADORE Javier Mas solo) but there can be no order!!
TeaOrange

Post by TeaOrange »

a difficult question to ask -- but probably Dance Me to the End of Love or Amen.
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

At the moment it's Come Healing. It's on a loop in my head, going round and round and very welcome there!
Ring the bells that still can ring...
softkitty

Post by softkitty »

A Thousand Kisses Deep, my song for every occasion, tired, sad, happy, loving, laughing, crying, remembering. Never fails to move me. :D
rags and feathers

Post by rags and feathers »

Oooh so many to choose just one. Hmmm... may I cheat and name a few seeing as I'm new? :razz: Alright, I'll assume you all said yes (!), so today it would be Take This Waltz, Dance Me To The End Of Love, So Long Marianne (well I HAVE to like that as it's mostly my name ;-) ), A Thousand Kisses Deep, & I'm Your Man. There. Oooh, and of course Suzanne! 'Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river... and she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China' - So good! :)
Cinnte

Post by Cinnte »

Its a very difficult question to answer, he has so many beautiful songs. I've always loved 'Famous Blue Raincoat', 'Anthem' and 'Closing Time' but also been partial to 'The Future' and 'Dance Me to the End of Love' and 'Take This Waltz'.
Its not a complaint when you can't decide on a favourite song by an artist, in fact its more of a positive sign. In the case of LC, it means there are just too many great ones to choose from!
There is a crack, a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”