What does "Blue Alert" mean?

Simon

Post by Simon »

Tchocolatl wrote:the well-discussed-here morning glory.
Wonder if there is many like that I have not seen before.
I had not followed the discussion on morning glories so the following comment may be redondant to those of you who did.

To me there are morning glories and than there is the Heavenly Blue Morning Glory (Tchoco's picture above is the Heavenly Blue). So is this one:

I've had morning glories around me for years but it's only last summer that I came across the Heavenly blue. And it did come as an aesthetical shock. I had randomly picked up four or five varieties for a balcony railing, got lots of the usual smaller type, until one morning appeared the light blue, twice as large, Heavenly Blue. One single angel among the more common flock. The encounter that morning did feel like a BLUE ALERT, a poetical alert of sort, an epiphany. I was late for work that day...

Maybe the song will be about the Heavenly Blue Morning Glory. Has anyone gotten access to the lyric of the song yet?

Anyone can point out to me in which thread the subject of morning glories was dicussed before in the forum?
Cohen is the koan
Why else would I still be stuck here
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

We collected all discussions about Dear Heather songs from this forum into Old Ideas: Notes on Dear Heather, accessible from http://www.dearheather.com (English version). It's located at A Thousand Kissess Deep's server (http://www.leonardcohencroatia.com/morningglory.php)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Oh boy.... In my huge naivety I believed without checking, that all discussions about MG were copied now that I checked, I realized again some differences between "real reality" and virtual reality. "All" is not "all" at all, but "all" is only what the "we" (who are they exactly?) decided it was all. "Show time, ladies and gentlemen, show time" - reality is not such important in show business, but as we are not in a show here, nor in a business - as far as I know - Simon, may I suggest that you use the search engine, enter "moning glory" and select "all available". :)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Hmm, there isn't the discussion about Morning Glory there at all, you're right... Looking now, the thing copied there is hardly the discussion I remember. Maybe I dreamed there was such a discussion (Obviously not, if you remember it also:-)? That was long ago - maybe it was't editable (the posts there are some kind of summary). Mosts of entries to Old Ideas were writtne directly from it, adapted from forum's posts by its own authors (Joe Way, tom.d.stiller were main cobtributors). There's no "real" real and "virtual" real. It is the appendix to the songs, based and adapted from forum's threads about the album. The threads weren't simply copied: that is not the forum, and its purpose was to preserve some of the discussions (they can be lost or sunk under numbers of posts which doesn't say much...).

Or it was after Old Ideas were opened? My "virtual" memory is low quality; I forgot everything what was online so fast :o I *know* I did prepare some updates for Old Ideas, and I think Morning Glory was one of few songs with new discussion to be added. But I lost that file (not that I was worried about it, as it was collateral damage to much greater losts).
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

viewtopic.php?p=33857&highlight=morning+glory#33857

You can see that only later contribution was yours about juxtaposition of eroticism and religion in MG.

And I found the files here in computer at work. Among proposed updates were:
- LC's quote about Dear Heather, told to Vancouver journalist
- Undertow (Courtois, tom.d.stiller)
- symbols in DH booklet, and the meaning of The Silent One, inlc. Leonard's email to the forum
- Go No More A-Roving (witty owl's comment, and penis-vagina discussion)

Now, LC finally spoke about DH in Hall of Fame interviews. But I don't feel like updating such things. There's after all hardly any kind of feedback to the work or any person willing to contribute in any way (Paula was the only one; and only due to her love & work we succeeded in publishing few transcripts.) Even if the feedback does exist, it's from you and it's negative. Mostly, when you're doing the site, you're asking yourself, what for? You can only believe there's silent majority of ordinary users, the kind of people who doesn't visit the sites everday, but occassionaly need some kind of reference, information or help, and your page can help them, even for using it for scholar essay or something like that. Otherwise, you're not helping much, you never offered help, just criticism without firm ground and full of strange allusions. I did ask for help online, and ideas, and Paula answered, and Joe Way and tom.d.stiller contributed without afterthought, and Lizzytysh is always asking around if someone needs help. Dozens of people are writing to Jarkko everyday with pieces of information and various kinds of help. Nobody needs an invitation. Did Jarkko and I ask for help about Gallery of Books and dozens of people came to help with their scans and information (how many of them did go to local libraries, checkinh catalogues and scaning the books?). I invited myself to make the Croatian site and to offer help to Jarkko and Marie and Patrice and Christof with dearheather.com and everything else, and I answered when I was asked if I can help eith some other projects.
Go, tell me one constructive idea, I'll help you making it real. There's plenty of free room on both mine and Jarkko's servers to do whatever you want.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Take your breath Tom. Pick up yourself. I'm far from being all negative, but you forget about the positive in me to focus on what you don't like, and if I'm just not always like you like, sorry, but I just don't care to please or not your ego all the time, so you can stop to waste your time wining at me, maybe if you focus on my positive sides you may be surprised to discover a world you have no idea about right now (WINK).

I had forgot also about my post, this particular post, I'm not always doing my self promotion, you see, like you do all the time and while doing this, you often miss the point of others completely and the message you send to people is that they are not interesting at all for you. They are just there, out there to please you all the time. They don't exist by their own, with there differences and flaws that can be disturbing to you, with their humanity, they are only objects there to please the ego, no? No. Not for me. You are not the so nice person you would like to be Tom. You have a lot of positive sides, but you have negative sides also : you are rude and competitive and pushy and not always devoted to the truth, but you see, knowing this, I'm not turning my back to you (I would not dare), cause people are not perfect, and I find it is great to chat with you as you are. Maybe I can accept this kind of thing more than you can yourself?

Yes I am preaching now, a preach for a preach, is not eye for an eye, I think. I hope.

Simon, I was thinking more in term of discussions at large I remimbered, interesting discussions between ordinary interesting people, like a brain storming about the song, and funny at times (Tom should you have proposed your site otherwise than by saying it was what I said to Simon, I would have think it was nice).
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Talking to you is like talking to the wall, Tchoco. I see (mostly) your positive sides and I forget about the discussions we had (or decided to ignore it). You're not behaving like this ony to me, but to many people around here, and only explanation is your idea that everybody else thing they're important, while your ego suffers (what you don't want to admit). We are all equal here, we're all in the same train. I tried (again and for the latest time) call you to do something with me, if you feel excluded, because everyone here are invited to do so. I didn't see your answer, just your pushing further your self-imagined idea of who I am. After many months of leting it go, I was called to write this post this morning, because of another of your insinuations (although I don't know what's the problem - 1. it is my site and I decided what is to be included 2. "we" are many people who were in that project, notably Joe and tom.d., you were there at that time also, check it). Last time there's was an "affair" with your acusing me that I wrote on Wikipedia something I did not write. Although Wikiepdia is accessible to eveyrone for editing, and you can easily check who edited what (and I proved that wasn't me), it was not that you didn't even care to check if that was me, simply coming here to acuse me, following your paranoid ideas, but I even didn't get an apology after few calls for it. But doesn't matter, I still think of Tchoco who defended Sharon's contribution to Leonard's work with me, and who can photopgraph running foxes from her window. Now I will turn back to my self-promotion and working on my small ego.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

I hope you won't miss your bus today.

I don't feel excluded, where did you find this one? I would explain again, but it would be too long, and I am afraid, very tedious - and it would propably lead to more misunderstandings.

I feel that we have lost the purpose of this conversation.

So.

Let say. Simon, even if Tom's link is fine, please use the search engine to find what I was talking about.

Also, it would be great to have a flower named Leonard Cohen. What kind of flower could it be?

What kind, what kind?
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Diane wrote:Your pic of the Morning Glory, Tchoc, reminded me that Walt Whitman's exuberant poem, "Song of Myself" has a line in it,

"The morning glory at my window moves me more than the metaphysics of books."

The line reminds me a little of Leonard's words, "No words this time?...Oh the morning glory!"

Diane

Lots of pretty flowers here 8) .
It seems that this flower - the morning glory - is moving. It moved Simon, according to the post up there, it moved me without a doubt, every spring, as a child, while they were blooming on a part of the school yard. I never forgot them, each-little-splendour-every-one-of-them. Leonard Cohen would have said to Anjani that a song should be made about the morning glory after having seen a wall full of them.

There is definitely something special around this flower.

Hum... for Leonard Cohen.... a tulip? A deep purple tulip? What? What kind, what are your ideas? Please. :D
Simon

Post by Simon »

Thank you Tom for the links.
Tom wrote:Tchoco ... who can photopgraph running foxes from her window.
Tchoco, you see foxes when you're on morning glory seeds... ? Better fox than rhino wouldn't you say? Or do you plan, in your next life, to revive the Rhinoceros Party of Canada. (I think the Rhino Party is mentioned at least once in BL.)
Tchocolatl wrote:Also, it would be great to have a flower named Leonard Cohen. What kind of flower could it be?

What kind, what kind?
I not sure if I like the idea of a flower named Leonard Cohen. (could never get used to a rose named J.-P. Ferland either). I could very well picture though a new variety of papaver somniferum named the Red Needle. LC may like that.

Red poppies are one of my favorite flowers.

My favorite of all flowers is the Sanguinaria Canadensis known in english as Bloodroot, virginal white on the outside, passionate red on the inside. LC may like that too... It grows on Mont-Royal, it should be in flower about now actually. At night it wraps itself in its single leaf for protection and it unwraps itself at the brake of dawn. I guess you could call that a morning glory striptease. LC may also like that ... (That flower should actually have been the real Lily of the Mohawks, really...)

Last edited by Simon on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cohen is the koan
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Tchocolatl wrote:Image
Thread titled Guest Posting in Everything Else section:-)
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

I did not take this picture from the window of my warm and cozy living-room (even if I had could with a good zoom). Oh! no. I took it, i was walking by the river - it was by a more than cold sunday afternoon, while sun was going down. I was afraid that my brand new camera would freeze in the wind out there. Nice picture though. Nice fox. Beautiful beast it was. Fast and graceful.

After ices time, Flowers time, now. :D What beautiful pictures you bring here Simon.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

More Morning Glory. For even more, click on the link. Profusion of this flower, few pictures of Blue Alert, though. I search, I don't find any but for the one Jarkko came with.

http://www.acclaimimages.com/search_ter ... glory.html
Simon

Post by Simon »

This is the painting on the cover of my copy of BL. Wouldn't you say that there is a resemblance between Kateri and the bloodroot flower shown above. Same posture, and how her shawl looks very much like the leaf wraped around the flower.

Cohen is the koan
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

How come this is on this site :

http://www.outlawwomen.com/

OutlawWomen.com

Exclusive information on outlaw women, the wild west, horseback riding, and more

That must have to do with "and more". Probably.

Return to “Blue Alert”