First Aid Kit with friends - Leonard Cohen tribute on Swedish television

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
Wirebird

First Aid Kit with friends - Leonard Cohen tribute on Swedish television

Post by Wirebird »

The popular Swediish duo, First Aid Kit, played two sold out tribute shows at Dramaten in Stockholm in March this year. Many musical friends of the duo took part in the tribute concert. Swedish Television will broadcast parts of the show on SVT2 Saturday, October 14th from 20:10 to 21:25 CET.

The setlist from the concert: 1. Tired (recitation) 2. Suzanne 3. Sisters of mercy 4. Who by fire (recitation) 5. Everybody knows (Frida Hyvönen & First Aid Kit) 6. Avalanche (Loney Dear) 7. The future (recitation) 8. Chelsea hotel #2 (Jesper Lindell & First Aid Kit) 9. You want it darker (recitation) 10. If it be your will 11. The asthmatic (recitation) 12. Famous blue raincoat (Maja Francis) 13. Anthem (recitation) 14. Show me the place (Jesper Lindell & First Aid Kit) 15. Hallelujah (Annika Norlin) 16. Prayer for messiah (recitation) 17. Bird on the wire 18. Who by fire (recitation) 19. So long, Marianne (alla artisterna) 20. You’d sing too (recitation)

The show got wonderful reviews (unfortunately only in Swedish)
http://musik.aftonbladet.se/2017/03/fir ... -hyllning/
85: Oslo 88: Oslo (2x) 93: Oslo 08: Gothenburg 09: Langesund; Bratislava; Prague 10: Malmø; Oslo; Oakland (2x); Las Vegas (2x)
12: Ghent (2x); Halden; Gothenburg; Helsinki; London; Verona; Paris (2x); Lisboa; Montreal (2x); Quebec; NYC; Brooklyn
13: Memphis, New Orleans, Louisville, London (2x), Antwerp, Mannheim, Brussels, Rome, Pula, Stockholm, Odense, Oslo, Bournemouth, Brighton, Birmingham, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Wellington (2x), Auckland.
ScottM

Re: First Aid Kit with friends - Leonard Cohen tribute on Swedish television

Post by ScottM »

This looks fantastic. Shame its not more widely available. For those of us outside of Sweden, if you didn't already know, there are a few videos from these concerts on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... en+tribute
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
meglos2000

Post by meglos2000 »

A link to the TV broadcast of the concert is now up.

It's really good and First Aid Kit do a great job of bringing a youthful passion to their covers. Also nice to have Leonard's poems read out in-between the songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YePolYDNH1s
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words »

Just came across this on Youtube whilst watching some thing else on YouTube.

Really enjoyed the concert and standard of performance and arrangements. First Aid Kit are a great act. Must catch one of their own shows some time.

For my money I would prefer this than a bunch of supposed pop stars paying tribute.

Wish I had known about the show...would have travelled to Stockholm for this. It made me reflect and at times brought tears to my eyes...beautiful.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”