The Sydney concert Nov 17 re-scheduled to Dec 2

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

The Sydney concert Nov 17 re-scheduled to Dec 2

Post by jarkko »

The performance scheduled for Sunday 17 November at Sydney Entertainment Centre has moved to Monday 2 December at the Sydney Opera House.

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO LEONARD COHEN TOUR
IN MELBOURNE & SYDNEY

Frontier Touring wish to advise changes to the Leonard Cohen performances at Sydney Entertainment Centre on Sunday 17 November and the Melbourne Rod Laver Arena on Monday 9 December.

The performance scheduled for Sunday 17 November at Sydney Entertainment Centre has moved to Monday 2 December at the Sydney Opera House.

The Melbourne Rod Laver Arena performance on Monday 9 December will now take place at Palais Theatre on the same date.

Ticket holders to both shows will be contacted directly regarding their tickets and any action they may need to take.

Tickets to both new venues will be available to purchase from Monday 4 November 9am local time.

The Sydney Entertainment Centre and Rod Laver Arena concerts on Saturday 16 November and Wednesday 20 November will both proceed as scheduled.

Tickets to Sydney Opera House & Melbourne Palais Theatre
on sale from Monday 4 November 9am
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Re: The Sydney concert Nov 17 re-scheduled to Dec 2

Post by B4real »

Jarkko wrote:Ticket holders to both shows will be contacted directly regarding their tickets and any action they may need to take.
Well I hope they do that fairly soon and can refund me my ticket because I cannot change my travel plans at this late stage!!
I will be in Sydney for three days for one concert only now and can't get to the new date and venue. Most disappointing :cry:
(even though I can't be there, I love the thought that Leonard is going to play at the Sydney Opera House; and btw, it has just celebrated it's 40th birthday a few days ago)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Posted on Halloween - this must be the "trick", sure isn't a treat.
Obviously AEG has no consideration for traveling fans making these last minute changes.
Thankfully I have no hotel bookings to cancel, but Like Bev I'll be in Melbourne and now Sydney for an extra day with no concert to go to.

Suggestion - maybe Leonard could do a private "wandering troubadour" solo show for people like us with nothing to do on the extra nights.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

AlanM wrote: Obviously AEG has no consideration for traveling fans making these last minute changes.
I empathize with your situation, particularly since I also experienced the wrecking of travel plans when a second-night's concert was suddenly cancelled in the Canadian tour. However, as frustrating as these situations are, I suspect that if AEG bears any blame it is only in overestimating the market. The fact that they can transfer the seats already sold in large venues to seats in much smaller venues suggests that ticket sales have been poor (at least for the add-on shows).

I have been reading about the Sydney Opera House this morning, as I had always imagined that it would be a very cool place to see a Leonard Cohen concert. To my surprise, I discovered that it is apparently plagued with acoustic problems, though I suppose the sound is probably still pretty good compared to most arena venues...

(Two articles about the Opera House: http://content.time.com/time/world/arti ... 47,00.html and http://phylonetworks.blogspot.ca/2013/0 ... house.html)
sereneava

Post by sereneava »

Now I understand why there were so few tickets available seconds after the Opera House show went on sale.
canook

Post by canook »

I wouldn't worry about sound issues at the Opera House. Apparently, the sound on the stage is pretty bad for the performers (you can't hear the audience from what I'm told).

As an audience member, I've never had a bad experience there. When I saw Tony Bennett he turned off all amplification and sang "Fly Me To The Moon" a cappella and natural* - I wonder if LC is game to do the same? :)

(*It was spectacular of course)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Has anyone received their reassigned tickets for the Sydney Opera House concert?
I got an email a few days ago saying Ticketmaster would be in touch, but nothing since.
"My Ticketmaster" still shows my ticket for the Sydney Entertainment Centre, so it has not yet been changed.

I need to book flights soon, but I need to know where my seat will be before I commit the extra financial outlay.

Alan

p.s. Ticketmaster just phoned and offered me a seat equivalent to the original one I had booked.
Now to buy some airline tickets.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

Glad that's sorted out well for you, Alan!

I definitely had mixed feelings today when I received a phone call from Ticketmaster about my Sydney 17th Nov seat. I spoke to a very friendly person who had no problem in giving me a full refund. So unfortunate I couldn’t make it to the Opera House! It’s interesting that if I had been able to go I would have been given a much better seat. I was told that I was the sixth person to book a seat for this concert originally.

If I could have seen into the future I would not have booked for the first concerts in Sydney and Melbourne; I much prefer the Opera House and the Palais Theatre venues (I used to live just around the corner to the latter many years ago). I could have started my venture from Cairns and worked my way down the coast in a straight line then curving to Adelaide instead of going back and forth and up and down. I would have saved ten days of travel, hotels etc and still be able to go to the same number of concerts I am going to now – eight.

But for sure I’m more than pleased with the concerts I will be attending - can’t wait for it all to begin. This has been coming for such a loooooooog time!!
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

B4real wrote:If I could have seen into the future I would not have booked for the first concerts in Sydney and Melbourne......
All I can say is:

The birds they sang
at the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
has passed away
or what is yet to be.
Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Hope you enjoy all your concerts!
Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
B4real

Post by B4real »

joyezekiel wrote:Hope you enjoy all your concerts!
Joy
Thanks so much, Joy! I wish the same for you too 8)
B4real wrote:But for sure I’m more than pleased with the concerts I will be attending - can’t wait for it all to begin. This has been coming for such a loooooooog time!!
I really don't mind repeating that again just to make it actually sink in!

..... and it seems that things are always changing everywhere ...... nowdays even "the dove is always free" :)
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Leonard Cohen at the Sydney Opera House. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the building's 40th Birthday. It will be historic.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

The Tipsy Wife and I were lucky enough to attend a production of Tosca at this spectacular venue a few years ago. Not surprisingly, fantastic acoustics, in case anyone was in any doubt. We always said that the Opera House would be the perfect venue for Leonard to perform at. Really envious of all of you who are attending. Should be an incredible night. Have a great time everyone.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
flopearedmule

Post by flopearedmule »

The front row of the Opera House concert hall is certainly close to the stage. When I saw Randy Newman there a couple of years ago I was in the front row and when he was at the piano could only see his feet and top of his head because the Steinway took up my whole view! I generally dislike the room for "popular music" for various reasons but you will definitely be up close.
jnewton

Post by jnewton »

I've been to two NSW concerts in the last couple of weeks, the Sydney Entertainment Centre and the Hunter Valley ADOTG concert at /Bimbadgen Winery. Despite this I've still been been lusting over going to a concert at the sydney Opera House on Monday 2 December but no seats available until now. VOILA! There are now some not too bad stage box seats D and X available - A reserve. As far as I know they've only just been released. I thought some of you may be interested? I've bought one!

Here's the link to bookings that will hopefully work for you, but otherwise just do a google search on 'Leonard Cohen sydney opera house tickets' and I'm sure it will come up with the goodies! https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/ticket ... mber=93995

Jill
Centennial Vineyards Bowral NSW Feb 2009; Acer Arena Sydney Nov 2010; Hanging Rock Mt Macedon Vic Nov 2010; Sydney Entertainment Centre Nov 2013; Bimadgen Vineyards Hunter Valley NSW Nov 2013; Sydney Opera House Dec 2013; Vector Arena Auckland NZ Dec 2013.
jnewton

Post by jnewton »

I've been to two NSW concerts in the last couple of weeks, ie the Sydney Entertainment Centre and the Hunter Valley ADOTG concert at /Bimbadgen Winery. Despite these I've still been been lusting over going to the concert at the Sydney Opera House on Monday 2 December, but no seats available until now. VOILA! There are now some not too bad stage box seats D and X available - A reserve. As far as I know they've only just been released. I thought some of you may be interested? I've bought a seat!

Here's the link to bookings that will hopefully work for you, but otherwise just do a google search on 'Leonard Cohen sydney opera house tickets' and I'm sure it will come up with the goodies! https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/ticket ... mber=93995

Jill
Centennial Vineyards Bowral NSW Feb 2009; Acer Arena Sydney Nov 2010; Hanging Rock Mt Macedon Vic Nov 2010; Sydney Entertainment Centre Nov 2013; Bimadgen Vineyards Hunter Valley NSW Nov 2013; Sydney Opera House Dec 2013; Vector Arena Auckland NZ Dec 2013.

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”