Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Paul Zagreb

Re: Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I remember Rob Hallett posting on twitter or facebook (and reposted by Allan Showalter) that a set of dates would be made public around the end of January. I guess we simply - wait for it - need to be patient! ;-)
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Yes, but after that AEG has emailed:
[Most of the 2013 concerts] will not go on sale until the end of February – will confirm exact dates nearer the time.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
quetzalcoatl80

Post by quetzalcoatl80 »

The hope is reborn.
Maybe of next dates in France or in the bordering countries?
Let us be patient and we shall certainly be repaid.
One month, it is not very long
Caren

Post by Caren »

Those are good news, Jarkko. Very good news indeed.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
TonVH

No more new dates?

Post by TonVH »

It has been some time since the last date was set. Any expectations whether more concerts will come?
Franks

Re: No more new dates?

Post by Franks »

TonVH wrote:It has been some time since the last date was set. Any expectations whether more concerts will come?
See previous posts from Jarkko on 24-01
Frank.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

regensburg wrote:Poor Leonard, I know he would love to perform in every country in our Universe but that is not possible.
What a charmingly naive view of the music business!
I wonder how much say Leonard, or any other performing artist, has in choosing venues.
If he said " I would love to go to X " would it happen? Or if he said "I really don't want to go to Y" would it not happen? Unlikely!
The business people decide, no doubt, based on logistical and financial considerations, and tell him where he is going. But then his various biographers have told us he likes military discipline, so maybe he prefers it like that!
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

I hope there will be more UK dates announced! Haven't bought any LON tix and now they come up as currently unavailable. Can't imagine the O2 Centre to be sold out already....
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Yes, a show in Rutherglen Town Hall, Partick Burgh Hall or the Couper Institute would be good :D
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

LHHUNTER wrote:Yes, a show in Rutherglen Town Hall, Partick Burgh Hall or the Couper Institute would be good :D
i'd even go to Edinburgh :-)
Zimmy66

Fed Up Waiting

Post by Zimmy66 »

Bought a ticket for the O2 in the pre-sale. Have been waiting patiently for further dates to be announced before booking air travel & hotel. Not sure what the problem is with announcing rest of tour, but have today booked all my travel. Will be sad/annoyed if further London dates are announced. I have tickets for John Prine, Springsteen, Neil Young and (hopefully after tomorrow) Fleetwood Mac. All in Glasgow. Leonard's management should take note that he isn't the only 'old troubador' on the road this year. The current situation regarding additional European dates shows an arrogance I can only assume born out of greed.
To live outside the law you must be honest
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

zimmy66, same but swap John Prine for the Who and still debating about Fleetwood Mac (all at Bercy, Paris) you see I still yearn for the days of Peter Green ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I have held back for several months now but zimmy66 is quite right about the situation of the unannounced tour. It is a shocking rudeness and arrogance that defies belief. Concert goers have been treated as scum since I first went to a concert in 1978 (Dylan by the way) and in this day and age of greater customer services and the technology the treatment of fans is worse than ever. I have to except the limited courtesy that Leonard as I am sure it is him rather than ARG show to the members of this forum by allowing pre sales and I only say limited because of the limited time scale of these pre sales.

My last summer holiday was totally ruined and i wasted a lot of money by the relocation of Leonard's concerts from Kent to London and at the moment I am still unable to book this summers holiday. I recently succumbed to buying a ticket for the O2 in London despite the odds being that Leonard will come closer to manchester but could not take the risk of not seeing him at all. I also have to risk buying tickets for other shows on dates which may clash with future Leonard shows that I would not have bought if I already knew Leonard's tour dates.

The fact that Leonard Cohen tickets are at the highest price level compared to most others and with the highest booking fees one would presume we would get a better than average service but of course that is not the case. The fact that Leonard fans are generally older than teenagers who generally are prepared these extra ticket prices and booking fees in return for a better service is also ignored. I have been critical in the past of tickets being sold more than 12 months in advance with promotors earning hundreds of thousand of pounds on millions of pounds worth of tickets but never again. At least I can plan my own future.

I remember in 1978 having got 8 Dylan tickets without queuing from a contact and teasing my school mates as to who I was going to give a ticket to or not. I now regret that behaviour more than ever and am paying for my trite behaviour by being so mercilessly teased by AEG. This situation is unacceptable, rude, arrogant, unhelpful and AEG should be made aware of it.

Also posted under the topic the tour that never happened until it did.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

LHHUNTER wrote:Yes, a show in Rutherglen Town Hall, Partick Burgh Hall or the Couper Institute would be good :D
Small venues are best. Small nearby ones even better. :D
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
James-on-tour

Further European dates.

Post by James-on-tour »

I thought that there might be a few further dates announced for the European leg
of the tour by now. I know there is plenty of time but the dates seem all over the shop
with large gaps. I will be surprised if there are no Irish dates. I know - be patient ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 - O2 London (x 2) / M.E.N. Manchester
2009 - O2 Dublin (x 4) / Monte Carlo (x 2)
2010 - Lissadell / Oslo / Caen / Grenoble / Strasbourg / Lille / Portland / Las Vegas (x 2)
2012 - Dublin (x 4) / Paris (x 3)
2013 - New York (x 2) / London

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”