LONDON (June 21, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
cohenadmirer

Re: PRESALE ON TUESDAY TO LONDON (June 21, 2013)

Post by cohenadmirer »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
gallina wrote:OK, I am a devoted fan, but I AM NOT STUPID!! I will not be in the London concert. I hope there will be other nice places with nice, really generous organizations for us, forum members!!!!!! :?
?????? Come on now gallina. If you don't at first succeed .... Seriously, keep trying. I just pulled up 3rd row on the floor. Some better tickets are becoming available as those people around the world who are just looking out of curiosity put their tickets back in the pool.

Wendy
Well done Wendy . I think LC said in one of his interviews something like LUCK is an important component of both success and failure .
Thanks to Jarkko for the presale but my luck hasn't been so good so far
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

at 9am A2 didn't even show up - every so often it comes up but then when i put in the number of seats i want (3) it says 'not enough seats available' which i don't believe for a minute. Also the sections keep fluctuating....hate being at the mercy of some daft computer system.

Will need to keep trying.
rhona

Post by rhona »

I kept on refreshing (maybe 30 times or so?) and suddenly 2 A2 row L tickets came up. I lost them after faffing around getting my card details, but after another 10 minutes of refreshing, they popped up again. Maybe worth keep trying? Good luck.
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

Why the panic? Tickets come and tickets go. Be patient. Keep trying. Good things come to those who blah ...

I tried about a dozen times and, in the end, "settled" for Row G in block A3. Not central, but a lot nearer the front than the back.

I'm just happy to back in the game, Going Home, as it were.

Thanks to everyone for allowing us to be so lucky that not getting uber-privileged tickets for a gig is all we have to moan about.

Perspective, people....?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Vicomte wrote:Some single options appear for A2, just saw one for row N but if you need more than one ticket, like us, then the booking goes back to lower tier...Oh well, c'est la vie.
It is indeed. We bought single tickets to improve our chances / options. We will still be going to the concert together, just sitting in different places. We're not going to talk to each other during the show so we have absolutely no need to sit side by side.

W
awaythelads

Post by awaythelads »

Just got A2 Q 24. Single only. I'm happy!
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

Vicomte wrote:You must be joking, SeventhSon, purchasing a couple of tickets later and not in the pre-sale in 2009 we went to Barcelona and were so far back and on the 3rd floor, it was a complete waste of money, my opinion of course but personally we think we lose a lot by not being fairly close to the stage, not necessarily front row but say within 10 rows or so.
Now of course this always depends on the artist and arena. I too wouldn't want to sit on the upper floors for a Leonard Cohen show, whereas for other big artists, such as Springsteen I wouldn't mind.

However, I can't understand why some of you say that tickets on the side blocks are "rubbish"? In my opinion, these seats are better, than sitting way back in the blocks on the floor.

The nearest seats I ever got were in Gent in the golden circle. After 5 songs I left to sit at the very back, because two stupid women didn't stop talking. Still enjoyed the show... ;-)
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

commonweal wrote:Why the panic? Tickets come and tickets go. Be patient. Keep trying. Good things come to those who blah ...

Thanks to everyone for allowing us to be so lucky that not getting uber-privileged tickets for a gig is all we have to moan about.

Perspective, people....?
Well said
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Post by guest »

Utterly upset about AEG's prehistoric website - I got the same two seats in block A2 twice and both times got timed out (less than two minutes) before I got to buy them.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:Some single options appear for A2, just saw one for row N but if you need more than one ticket, like us, then the booking goes back to lower tier...Oh well, c'est la vie.
It is indeed. We bought single tickets to improve our chances / options. We will still be going to the concert together, just sitting in different places. We're not going to talk to each other during the show so we have absolutely no need to sit side by side.

W
How bizarre, when we go to any gig, we travel together and we stand, or sit together, it's part of the experience. For LC we like to enjoy that experience together, you obviously don't mind but we do. It is not that important to us to see LC at the O2, it would have been nice to come back to the UK and see family & friends at the same time, so we shall just have to be patient for other venues. I have to say though, in our experience,this is the first time that tickets have gone so blindingly quick and we have been unable to get good seats together when we have used the pre-sale.

Good luck to those that did manage to buy good seats, I hope you enjoy the gig, together, or apart........
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

SeventhSon wrote:
Now of course this always depends on the artist and arena. I too wouldn't want to sit on the upper floors for a Leonard Cohen show, whereas for other big artists, such as Springsteen I wouldn't mind.
Sorry, I thought that it was LC who we were talking about. I see your point about other artists and people talking around you might make you want to move. ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Geoff wrote:Utterly upset about AEG's prehistoric website - I got the same two seats in block A2 twice and both times got timed out (less than two minutes) before I got to buy them.
Really ? Less than 2 minutes to put in all those details ( and deal with those extra credit card security measures)
Needs improving - most sites give you at least 5 minutes!
Leonard's work resonates
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

I don't actually think the presale offers you better tix - the last time i got better ones about 3 weeks after the sale has started. I think they just get released at different times..all a bit random and hugely annoying. Also the site keeps timing out after about 20 secs
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis »

eventim looks pretty good now. doesn't it?
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Yiannis wrote:eventim looks pretty good now. doesn't it?
:D :D :D

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”