Portrait of Leonard Cohen 1992 Interview

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
B4real

Portrait of Leonard Cohen 1992 Interview

Post by B4real »

This is not a live performance or on YouTube but wasn't quite sure where to put it - moderators please move it if you think there is a better place.

From ina. fr and via courtesy of DrHGuy:
http://1heckofaguy.com/2013/09/15/portr ... ow-online/

I can't recall seeing this before and I thought others might'nt have either.
What prompted me to post it was the version of "Anthem" about half way through. Seeing Anthem is at the moment going through some changes, it's interesting to watch a previous version and a few different lines being sung. Also of note is the rest of the interview and comments.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
holydove

Re: Portrait of Leonard Cohen 1992 Interview

Post by holydove »

I just discovered your post, Bev, & I must thank you for posting that link - I'd never seen that video before either, & it's wonderful!! I love that version of Anthem - what a great & rare treat to hear a different version of that song, & I don't think he's ever performed it that way! I also loved seeing him walk through the rooms of his home in L.A. & I love his comments about how he likes to turn up the volume of his music in the car, when he stops at a red light, to see if anyone will turn & look his way when they hear it - that is just beyond adorable!

I could go on about everything I loved, but I'll just say - thanks again, I really enjoyed that.

Thanks also to DrH for making it available through his website!
B4real

Post by B4real »

I'm a bit late replying here Rachel, and for sure it's an excellent video :D

Serendipitously, after three months since this thread was started, this video interview has now become available on YouTube so here's the link:

http://youtu.be/01UOKx0ITws
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Thank you Bev for letting us know about this video link. I really enjoyed it and was hoping it would be available.
Hope you have settled down again after your epic journey this past tour. :D

Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
B4real

Post by B4real »

My pleasure Marie :D
The video has a wonderful casual flavour!

..... and about my recent tour odyssey ..... after months of planning it all seemed to go by so fast and there are times I wonder if it happened at all! But conversely I had such wonderful unrepeatable moments that will stay forever etched in my memory!

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”