GHENT: meetups, nametags & lanyards ...

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
surrender

Re: GHENT: meetups, nametags & lanyards ...

Post by surrender »

Dear Maarten, almighty and omnipresent,
how could I doubt your abilities?!?

...I know you can't forgive me
but forgive me anyhow...

My best wishes for Madison,
hope you can get some sleep,
safe journey home,
see you soon, Jarmila
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
pe swijngedouw

Post by pe swijngedouw »

dear maarten & surrender
thanks for your support ; this truly is the most beautiful bunch of people, i ever met.
see you soon in ghent
pe
... precisely ...
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

From GreenHouse Talent (Belgian promotor)
Venue Ghent.JPG
Also: no umbrellas will be allowed at the concert (blocking the view of the person behind you), so make sure you bring along a (famous blue) raincoat...

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks for posting the plan Maarten. It looks from this as if the whole of the square will be blocked off for the concert this time and we will have to take a different route from de Gruut to the concert? Last time I think most of us approached the square via Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat. This is now marked as an exit only so I guess we will have to go "round the block" to approach from St Amandplein? Also, does that mean that we won't be able to sit at the cafe in the square to listen to the soundcheck? Hmm.

Wend
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Thanks for posting the plan Maarten. It looks from this as if the whole of the square will be blocked off for the concert this time and we will have to take a different route from de Gruut to the concert? Last time I think most of us approached the square via Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat. This is now marked as an exit only so I guess we will have to go "round the block" to approach from St Amandplein? Also, does that mean that we won't be able to sit at the cafe in the square to listen to the soundcheck? Hmm.

Wendy
Wendy,
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I will go and see the local promotor tomorrow and ask about this. Last year there were 3 entrances/exits and they have limited that to 1 entrance now (which I believe they also did for the 2 Prince concerts last year. I went to one of the Prince concerts, but can't recall the setup exactly...).

Going round the block to get to the entrance isn't much of a walk, so that's no problem at all. My only concern is indeed whether they have closed the entire Square to the public, cafes included... Perhaps someone who's been there already can comment on this?

Will keep you posted,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Welcome home Maarten!
Hope you had a great time in Madison.
Thank you for your concerns about us even jet-lagged! :D
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
victoriaplum

Ghent on Tuesday - who will be there??

Post by victoriaplum »

It's a mere 3 days away! I can't wait! Who else will be at the LC concert in Ghent on Tuesday? I arrive in Belgium on Monday - so excited!
Weather says it might rain a bit, but the temperature is not so bad: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2797656 Let's hope the rain does not appear after all, as is so often the case.
Hope to see some people dancing, smiling and singing on Tuesday! :)
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

Ah yes - much better place.
I need to peruse the threads properly to find out where the meet up is on Tuesday :)

edit to add: all info found - hopefully see some of you there at the meet up place!
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Maarten wrote:From GreenHouse Talent (Belgian promotor)
Venue Ghent.JPG
Also: no umbrellas will be allowed at the concert (blocking the view of the person behind you), so make sure you bring along a (famous blue) raincoat...
Alas, I left my famous blue raincoat in Texas (really couldn't believe I'd need it)..... our love will keep us warm!!!!

Joy xxx
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

You go your way. We'll go your way too.
Ghent, St. Peter Abbey.
IMG_0681.jpg
regensburg

GHENT: meetups, nametags & lanyards ...

Post by regensburg »

Dear Maarten, thank you for everything that you are doing for us, it is amazing and I hope we meet in the US on some of the concerts and I can thank you in person. You are the greatest.
jonesy

Post by jonesy »

Hi Everyone!

Very much looking forward to meeting up with you all on Wednesday!

Jacqueline
Copenhagen July 5
Athens July 30
Ledbury August 3
Paris November 24
Paris July 7 2009
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

Just a quick post to say thanks for a really enjoyable event both pre & post concert on Sunday. Maarten & his helpers particularly. (Great souvenirs by the way).
Other than a fantastic concert, we (The Tipsy Wife & I) had a great time meeting up with friends old & new.
Particularly Gerry & family; Anne; Angela & Deborah:Willy &Wybe;Mandy & Gwen (Thanks for the Keep Calm... badges) & everyone else we met.
It all made for a great time.
Lovely surprise when Sharon & The Webb Sisters turned up at the De Gruut. Didnt speak to Sharon, but Charlie & Hattie were charming.
The De Gruut beer also left a lasting impression! We left around 3.30am when many of you were still going strong.
Once again, thanks to everyone and hope to meet up along the road again.

Regards,

Scott & Helen
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
tina

Post by tina »

I'm back in Germany and I can't wait to see Leonard Cohen (and you all guys ;-)) this Saturday!
Thank you Maarten for all the information and the work you have done!

See you on Saturday!
Brugge July 2008 // Oberhausen November 2008 // Cologne July 2009 // Ghent August 2012 // Mönchengladbach September 2012 // Oberhausen June 2013 // Brussels June 2013
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Thank you Maarten for all your work for the fans in Gent.

Wijbe and Willy
DSC03550 (Small).JPG
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”