GHENT: meetups, nametags & lanyards ...

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Maarten

GHENT: meetups, nametags & lanyards ...

Post by Maarten »

UPDATE JULY 22: More info on the meetups is posted later in this thread: see viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31810&start=30#p309921 for full details!
Hi all,

Here's some more info regarding the Ghent concerts and the meetups that we are planning.

Meetups will take place close to the venue. In 2010 I had chosen a small brewery which is located within walking distance from the St Peter's Square: De Gruut - http://www.gruut.be . Because of many positive reactions to this, I will check if this option is available again. Details will follow later...

I will be making nametags for everyone attending any of the meetups or one of the concerts in Ghent. If you want me to prepare a nametag for you, please let me know so I can include you in my list. I will put the following information on your nametag (see example from Sligo 2010 below): your forumname, your full name, the city and country you live in and (if you have one) your avatar from the forum.
Example of a nametag (front and back)
Example of a nametag (front and back)
Nametag_example.jpg (19.36 KiB) Viewed 10921 times
Please send me your info either by replying on this thread, or by emailing your full details. Please use the following line to make things easier for me:

“forumname” – full name – city, country - attending xxx
Eg: “Maarten” – Maarten Massa – Sint-Niklaas, Belgium - attending 1abc, 2abc, 3abc, 4abc, 5abc - In Ghent on the 11th, 13th, 16th and 19th too

Every concert (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) has:
a = pre concert meetup (in the afternoon)
b = the concert itself
c = post concert meetup (starting around midnight, I guess... :-) )

SEE MY LIST by clicking on the link below!

I have also made seperate columns for the days prior to, in between and after the concerts (Aug 11, 13, 16 and 19). There will be no organized meetups on those days, but it might be nice to know who will be around in case you'd like to visit Ghent with a couple of fellow Cohenites.
If you want, please also fill out the details about those days. A "1" in that column means you will be in Ghent on that day, either a full day or arriving on that day...

If you do not want me to show your full details here on the forum (for privacy reasons), just email me your info and say so in your email. I will then only use your details on the nametag but not put them on the forumlist. If you're bringing your wife, husband, girlfriend, son, mother, teacher, doctor or whatever and he/she wants a nametag too: no problem! Just provide all the info for him/her too!

The nametags come with a specially designed lanyard/keycord, similar to those I had made for the Barcelona concert (see pic). Because these cost a bit of money, I will be charging around 3 or 4 EUR (?) to pay for them. I will not be making any profit of this whatsoever, don’t worry. Payment can be done on the day itself (cash) at one of the meetups when picking up the nametag, lanyards and possible extra goodies (surprise...). The exact price will be set once I know how many lanyards and so on we need (the more, the cheaper they get of course).
Example of lanyards made for the Barcelona meetups
Example of lanyards made for the Barcelona meetups
lanyard_example.jpg (42.41 KiB) Viewed 10921 times

I've already started a "little" list with people attending one (or more) concerts in Ghent:
http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/misc/ ... eetups.pdf
(last updated July 22)

Details in red: please let me know about those for your nametag!
"?": let me know about your plans regarding meetups, concerts etc...

I will update the pdf-file with the list of participants regularly.

Hope to see you all soon,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Henning

Re: GHENT meetups

Post by Henning »

Maarten, let's do something crazy, something absolutely wrong :-)
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

by Henning » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Maarten, let's do something crazy, something absolutely wrong
let's get married
let's get married
I saw a lot of crazy things in Ghent
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Knowing Maarten and with Henning and Wybe help, Gent meet-ups sound promising! ;-) ;-)
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

De Gruut was wonderful! Can we go there again please?!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
gallina

Post by gallina »

2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Well, if this is going to happen it will be my first meetup. Looking forward to meet 'Cohenits'
See you :D
I didn´t kill myself when things went wrong
I didn´t turn to drugs or teaching
I tried to sleep, but when I couldn´t sleep
I learned to write.
I learned to write what might be read
on nights like this by one like me.

(Leonard Cohen)
Franjel

Post by Franjel »

I'm coming from Ireland to the Ghent Concert on Sunday August 11th. Does anyone know of a good B&B to stay in? Also are there places where Cohen fans meet? I'm new to all this - I consider myself a 'Born again' Cohen groupie as I went to my first concert in Lissadell Ireland in 2010 & was bowled over by him and his whole band.
looking forward to hearing from other Cohenites!
Fran
I'd love...."to speak with Leonard, he's a sportsman and a shepherd,.... I love that... "lazy Bastard living in a suit"
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Franjel wrote:I'm coming from Ireland to the Ghent Concert on Sunday August 11th. Does anyone know of a good B&B to stay in? Also are there places where Cohen fans meet? I'm new to all this - I consider myself a 'Born again' Cohen groupie as I went to my first concert in Lissadell Ireland in 2010 & was bowled over by him and his whole band.
looking forward to hearing from other Cohenites!
Fran
may be you can have a look at this, my friend and I
will be staying overnight in this place.
Campanile Hotel Gent/Gand
Akkerhage 1
9000 Gent
I learned to write.

(Leonard Cohen)
lucenbetty

Post by lucenbetty »

8) we'll be there at the meetup Maarten !!

see you all there !
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Info on the meetups, list for subscriptions and nametags etc... will be posted in the first message of this thread soon. There's still plenty of time to get organized and I'm waiting until after next Monday (April 16) to get started with all of this... ;-)

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Franjel

Post by Franjel »

Thanks Winnaar58 for info re hotel in Ghent, will check it out & may see you there!
Fran
I'd love...."to speak with Leonard, he's a sportsman and a shepherd,.... I love that... "lazy Bastard living in a suit"
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Franjel wrote:Thanks Winnaar58 for info re hotel in Ghent, will check it out & may see you there!
Fran
My pleasure and see you in Ghent.
I learned to write.

(Leonard Cohen)
Winnaar58

Post by Winnaar58 »

Maarten wrote:Info on the meetups, list for subscriptions and nametags etc... will be posted in the first message of this thread soon. There's still plenty of time to get organized and I'm waiting until after next Monday (April 16) to get started with all of this... ;-)

Maarten
Nice Maarten en thanks, I am lokking forward to the news
Ine
I learned to write.

(Leonard Cohen)
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Winnaar58 wrote:Nice Maarten en thanks, I am lokking forward to the news
Ine, let's wait until next Monday to start with... ;-)

Maarten

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”